Oh boy...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garsh

Made it!
But I was sweating it out.
lpaMpQqJvQlz4DPvyFIc-YX_VY2dwYXkK-cIkAlvqrYnQgzMcI8bkLleSZezU9MRYFTF5f1_bQsGPIkhBuKTTLQDC5se11pZMES7Kqtk6DvtPUMyx8KsiXmhJjo3Ia_55KwvPWb2GS8_UYqMiQl6V9j039Lf3GPpgqsJ0FIrL5zx0LCyGr3D7uiS8Dwl-SYqxJhP7B-GbckWRdY8TtGoPJpHJ5rXcW1Oy7SJCp7vX2romNA6YsBqQxXIegahtezFzr6vBlfMpOq2105Y2hiAyXhNwNRUQAI3FxSy35_C-bn3i7d3hR1UtwyWEYMcB6ZKezFPkAGdFwm1UBeToCWem4c_BabZ1osra2rlspA8wGiC_HHWEmO7j2QXKVYJUuAYXGUzm8tFxYchTSGgYB6vowCbiTLysUGtbRAB9MGDKfBlzIUqBIWdvvHhE0buOu78hm1bc301X9kTWCMigs8gUC2-1BGagWdynxicUOPikH_JuAT4DCMWqZ8X1CUKdeewrjyvM7zLEEOMbtWa-G525cW2Z5hsqQZf1v7hvwHHT-YVwxwfH_6ocwQwz5AXX2oKCF4jCQ=w261-h463-no

Four or five GIDs and 0.4 kWh is still somewhat safe. I've explored those levels many times in the past six months. It's all good until the HV contactor opens. I've only gone that far once.. 3 GIDs and 0.2 kWh. Had to push the car about 150 feet.

If you still have a ways to go, do not shut down the car when it is below VLBW. What I've experienced is that upon restarting, I've lost a GID or two, and the GIDs seem to contain less energy; they drop much faster. In addition, turtle happens higher... around 10 GIDs instead of five or six. I've done that twice, and both times I thought I'd be walking home. If you're right on the edge of turtle, say six or seven GIDs and you shut down and restart, the car will turtle as soon as it starts.

-Karl

The car entered turtle mode just as I pulled up to the charging station.

Back before all of the software updates, my car would enter turtle mode at ~9 GIDs, and that was without the "recent startup" that kolmstead mentions. So I was thinking that I'd be in trouble when it hit 9. I was quite surprised that it didn't go into turtle until 5. Must be due to one of those software updates.

I hit turtle yesterday with 8 GIDs showing.
It really is kind of a crap-shoot.

I managed to make it to the parking garage before shutting down. :D

Back