One more day till august pre-orders...let's guess about Sept

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some dealers said they could see some of the September orderer's last night, so I suspect September people will start to see their stuff tomorrow and it will continue through the month.

It sounds like this ordering nonsense is pretty simple. What's the price of the car before any taxes, fees, or attempts at dealer jack-ups. It should be a two minute process and it doesn't seem to circumvent any nonsense at the end of the process.

I hope just hope that the non-EV areas will be able to order the options they want, and not be dictated to through some goofy ideas at Nissan as to what is best for us.

Ryan:
No problem. Before we end our conversation, I want to ensure your needs have been met. Do you have any additional questions about what we discussed today?

Gavin:
Nope...unless you know when september orders will start :)

Ryan:
They will be spread out so dealers aren't overwhelmed by Request's for Quote.

So it seems the September orders will be spread out....mmm, does that mean there are many more Sept orders than August orders?

Gavin

Gavin said:
So it seems the September orders will be spread out....mmm, does that mean there are many more Sept orders than August orders?

Gavin

I would guess that they release 50-100 orders per day. This keeps them spread out to avoid overload.

My suggestion to September order group is not to wait for email, but check your dashboard regularly. The dashboard is enabled before the email is sent out.

Gavin said:
Ryan:
No problem. Before we end our conversation, I want to ensure your needs have been met. Do you have any additional questions about what we discussed today?

Gavin:
Nope...unless you know when september orders will start :)

Ryan:
They will be spread out so dealers aren't overwhelmed by Request's for Quote.

Gavin

Absolutely! There were very few Aug. ones sent out. For Sept., about 5% a day probably until about Sept. 20 because then TX/HI will start getting theirs.

Probably bogus rumor:

My Nissan dealer said that EVERYBODY would get their emails August 31. He was wrong. Now he's saying that all the September emails will go out by Labor Day. I presume he'll be wrong again. But he insists that his Nissan Leaf rep told him this.

I think the real message here is that Nissan itself is giving false information to its own dealers. Or Nissan's Leaf reps (the people assigned by Nissan to deal with its dealers specifically about the Leaf) are as much in the dark as everyone else.

Last time I talked to the customer service line (to get the waiver*, so I'll be able to order without agreeing to buy the EVSE from AV) he told me the dealers know even less than he does, and he knows even less than those of us reading the web sites know!

* If you plan on not buying the EVSE from AV, you should phone the customer service line. They'll put a flag on your account, so when you order, you'll have the option to pass on the EVSE. There will be a waiver that you agree to by clicking on a link or button. Otherwise you'll be asked how you intend to pay for the EVSE, and there will be no option to decline it.

LakeLeaf said:
Some dealers said they could see some of the September orderer's last night

I reserved 8/30. No email response and nothing on my dashboard beyond Nissan assigning me a default dealer. I imagine they have such a backlog of reservations that nobody at Nissan nor at the dealers know exactly how they'll work through them, some dealers have worked their way into September while others obviously are still mired in August.

Back