Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revenge of the Electric Car opens at the Camelview on Friday, Nov. 4.
http://www.harkinstheatres.com/movieDetails.aspx?movieId=113068

I called the Nissan Customer Support number (1-877-Nogasev) to see if Nissan will be offering free tickets to the opening night and got a resounding "I dunno" in reply. Well this is Arizona after all. No state rebates or sales tax waivers on Leaf purchases, and no free movie tickets. Sigh.

I'll be there anyway. ;)

I had no problem securing my tickets for it. I called that # on SAT morning. It was really fast on the phone. Did you push #1, then #4? The tickets are good for any night. Now, we'll see if they arrive here before any of the showings.

LEAFfan said:
I had no problem securing my tickets for it. I called that # on SAT morning. It was really fast on the phone. Did you push #1, then #4? The tickets are good for any night. Now, we'll see if they arrive here before any of the showings.

Good for you for scoring free tickets! While I'm bummed that I won't get them, I'm glad Nissan didn't forget us.

And FWIW I did push #1, then #4. Got "Marsha" who said she couldn't find anything about it.

EVDRIVER said:
You must set it to auto add.
OK, got it. It's in Menu -> Settings -> Other Settings -> Auto Save New Charging Station. As soon as I turned this on while my car was charging in the garage, it added my home location to the list with my address.

leafkabob said:
LEAFfan said:

Good for you for scoring free tickets! While I'm bummed that I won't get them, I'm glad Nissan didn't forget us.

And FWIW I did push #1, then #4. Got "Marsha" who said she couldn't find anything about it.
Isn't it worth trying again. Then tell whoever answers the phone that somebody else called and and got the tickets?

I'm going to try tomorrow if I remember.

I will see that movie but not way out there..

I will be going to this on a Saturday night..I should be able to make up and back on a full charge..

http://www.motortrendautoshows.com/phoenix/generalinfo.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RE: Revenge of the Electric Car tickets. I called and they said the only free tickets are going to owners in the San Francisco area that were sent e-mail invites. I believe she said that the San Jose showing was sold out and they were offering tickets to another theater in the Embarcadero area. However they have no tickets for Phoenix area owners. She did take my name in case that changes.

LA owners got treated like kings for the premiere. SF owners get free tix. Phoenix owners get... well at least we got our LEAFs. :D

Does anyone have showtimes for the Scottsdale showing? I am still interested in going Friday evening.

kovalb said:
RE: Revenge of the Electric Car tickets. I called and they said the only free tickets are going to owners in the San Francisco area that were sent e-mail invites. However they have no tickets for Phoenix area owners.
LA owners got treated like kings for the premiere. SF owners get free tix. Phoenix owners get... well at least we got our LEAFs. :D

Interesting, because two of us were able to order our free tickets specifically for the Scottsdale Camelview 5 which are good for any day, any time. However, they haven't arrived yet and I ordered mine SAT morning. I don't know about the other person's.

Thanks for the show times.

When I called they said the person who ordered tickets would not be getting them. Hope they're wrong.

I was able to score free tickets for the revenge of the electric car (please do not ask me how). I can get some extras to pass out as well. I plan to go to the 1:30pm showing this Saturday at Scottsdale Camelview. I will be driving a Polar Bear White LEAF, looks just like Glacier White, but has a much cooler name. If anyone is interested I can meet up with you just before the show outside the theater. Please let me know beforehand so I can get enough tickets and we can set up the exact time and location. :D

kovalb said:
I was able to score free tickets for the revenge of the electric car (please do not ask me how). I can get some extras to pass out as well. I plan to go to the 1:30pm showing this Saturday at Scottsdale Camelview. I will be driving a Polar Bear White LEAF, looks just like Glacier White, but has a much cooler name. If anyone is interested I can meet up with you just before the show outside the theater. Please let me know beforehand so I can get enough tickets and we can set up the exact time and location. :D

Thanks for the offer on the free tickets for the Saturday showing, but my only chance to go is Friday aft/evening.

Now, how did you get the tickets? :twisted:

I just got back from the 6:30 showing of Revenge of the Electric Car. Greg Pitts moderated a Q&A after the show, and invited the audience out to the parking lot to see a variety of ev's, including about a dozen leafs, a Smart ev, a volt and two teslas. I estimated that audience at 75-100.

Quite an enjoyable evening. It was fun seeing so many leafs in one spot. Skywagon was there. I also saw leafs with personalized plates GRNLEAF (or GREENLF) and PVPWREV.

I was also at the 6:30 showing. Excellent documentary, very much worth viewing. It was nice seeing so many EV enthusiasts there. My LEAF is PVPWREV (like my Avatar). There were also several other EV's, including a Smart EV, a plug in Prius (extended battery range aftermarket) and others as well.

Just to add my two cents - The AZ Republic gave the documentary 2 stars, I gave it 4 stars.
(I give the AZ Republic 0 stars for the quality of their movie reviews)

Here's a link to the pic I posted on the 'Revenge' Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=2421650913595&set=o.113193765392010&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SilverLeaf said:
I was also at the 6:30 showing. Excellent documentary, very much worth viewing. It was nice seeing so many EV enthusiasts there. My LEAF is PVPWREV (like my Avatar). There were also several other EV's, including a Smart EV, a plug in Prius (extended battery range aftermarket) and others as well.

I was parked right next to you but I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you and introduce myself. My white leaf has plate "PLUGZEN."

SilverLeaf said:

Just to add my two cents - The AZ Republic gave the documentary 2 stars, I gave it 4 stars.
(I give the AZ Republic 0 stars for the quality of their movie reviews)

Here's a link to the pic I posted on the 'Revenge' Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=2421650913595&set=o.113193765392010&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice picture. Wish I could have met some of you guys. I went to the Sunday showing @ 1:30 pm. Only 5 people were there :(

I did enjoy the movie. I thought Elon Musk was fascinating and Carlos Ghosn is an impressive man. That Gadget guy is something else. I still don't trust GM ;)

I do hope EV's continue to evolve from an enthusiastic niche market to more mainstream like hybrids. I'm seeing a few more LEAF's around central Phoenix - in fact I saw two yesterday, a blue and black on 12th Street - and I also saw a Volt yesterday at Costco on 44th St and Thomas. I do think EV prices need to come down more and the range needs to increase for more public acceptance. I personally find the LEAF meets over 90% of our driving needs. There are two of us at home and we very rarely drive the two ICE cars. Others seem quite curious and impressed, but remain skeptical. Range seems to be the biggest concern, but I love asking how often or when the last time someone drove over 100 miles in one trip. The response is often rarely or they can't remember.

Sadly, people seem used to these $3.30 gas prices. I can remember when over $2 for gas was alarming.

shrink said:
I love asking how often or when the last time someone drove over 100 miles in one trip. The response is often rarely or they can't remember.

Before the weather turned colder (denser air), I routinely could drive 100 miles (5.9m/kW h) on an 80% charge. The most we did was 90, but I still had over 10 miles left when we got home (actual, not GOM). If I charged to 100% now, I could easily go well over 100 miles (5.6m/kW h), but I quit charging to 100% since I hadn't noticed much difference due to cell balancing.

I've QCd three times now so far and have found out some interesting info. I need to set it to 90% to get close to an 80% charge. It still is less than 30 minutes from one to bars to nine. Also, after my third QC, I charged with the L2 Blink from 5-10 bars (80%) and this time my gauge read 81.4%! It usually reads 76.8% after an 80% charge. I'm thinking that the QCs are balancing my pak as charging to 100% with the L2 hasn't made much difference.

Back