Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spyderrs said:
Note to Arizona Buyers

Went to purchase with credit letter etc from Desert Schools Credit Union after essentially getting a good rate and terms from them as well as having a couple of accounts with them as well. The dealer had Desert Schools listed as of course already being an approved lender through them and everything went smooth in finance.. After having discussions at local branches and several phone calls with loan department verifying rate and length of loan as much as 2 days after the purchase everything was fine still .

Then I get a call from Desert Schools Loan Department( 2 + days after "purchasing the vehicle through them") . THEY DO NOT DO LOANS ON ELECTRIC VEHICLES". Even the dealer was not aware, as of course the various loan department people I had spoken with were unaware of their own credit unions exclusion of "electric vehicles. I had a supervisor call me later and am waiting to hear back with any resolution.

I have already spoken with Arizona Federal and they checked with underwriting department and are fine with doing a loan on an electric vehicle.

I had the exact same experience with Desert Schools, they told me they would not finance an electric vehicle. I tried to escalate it and got no where fast. I received a questionnaire from them after being denied the loan asking about the experience and there was a box to check to have a manager call me, which I checked. At this point I had already been pre-approved by Chase who gave some extra points off for having an account with them and having auto debit so when I talked to Desert Schools the last time I told them I was taking my banking business elsewhere over the incident. I was surprised they let me go so easily, I had literally had an account with them since I was 12 years old.

Midway called me asking if I was still interested in a Leaf. lol.

Sounds like they might have a demo LEAF. Or they were trying to sell me a demo leaf. I didn't stay on the phone long enough to get details.

turbo2ltr said:
Midway called me asking if I was still interested in a Leaf. lol.

Sounds like they might have a demo LEAF. Or they were trying to sell me a demo leaf. I didn't stay on the phone long enough to get details.
Would have been interesting to see what kind of markup they want.

mark13 said:
I thought the demo cars were going to be destroyed ?

The ones from the tour, yes, that was my understanding.

Some dealers have either had employees order cars and cancel last minute so the dealer has a "demo" or it could have been a legit order/cancellation.

Volusiano said:
Wow, why would they destroy perfectly good demo cars from the tour? Couldn't they have been sold as used or demo?

They are considered pre-production units from what I heard from Mark Perry at the December event in Scottsdale. There are changes from those cars to the cars that have been officially delivered. What changes I do not know but that is the way it was put to me.

Skywagon said:
Volusiano said:
Wow, why would they destroy perfectly good demo cars from the tour? Couldn't they have been sold as used or demo?
They are considered pre-production units from what I heard from Mark Perry at the December event in Scottsdale. There are changes from those cars to the cars that have been officially delivered. What changes I do not know but that is the way it was put to me.
It may not even be legal to sell them. They may not conform to what went through testing and certification with the government.

Maybe something is happening:

"Four electric-vehicle charging stations will be installed at Town Hall, 11000 N. La Cañada Drive, at no cost to Oro Valley. There, people will be able to charge their vehicles for free.

The charging stations could be installed this month near the Oro Valley library under covered parking, said Bayer Vella, the town's conservation and sustainability manager.

Desertstraw said:
The charging stations could be installed this month near the Oro Valley library under covered parking, said Bayer Vella, the town's conservation and sustainability manager.

Covered parking?.. I bet that will be popular. How common is covered parking in Phoenix?

Don't read the comments, it will just piss you off at how ignorant people are.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2011/06/07/20110607tempe-electric-car-recharging-station.html

Ohhh I could not wait to get to the (train wreck) comments ...I saw the story in the Republic today..Wow the haters really came out on this story..I fear a hater may key the car one day...Those haters will one day own a E-Car..

I choose to stay off there... "Never argue with an idiot... they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience..."

I do not like how she said I was boasting the $7500 rebate... I am not that happy that our government is giving money away at an alarming rate... but it is a buying bonus.

I did read one comment about how they are paying my electric bill? Wow, I wish they would as I am the one who pays that every month... idiots.

I am done with the media after this as it just fuels the fires of the stupid morons. Those same people who have nothing better to do than to hide behind their computers believing their crack pot ideas and things they read on wikipedia... so sad.

DMV just sent me a letter not available ..Who got my license plate (IPASGAS) ,darn darn darn i wanted that so badly...

I've seen several comments as to tints that have been done .That all looked pretty good to me . "Skywagons" looked especially good and dark , maybe more so due to the lightness of the leaf. Can anyone recommend anyone specifically for a good job, reasonable price, and decent turnaround time? PM me if that is better or I will even furnish email or phone numbers if that is more acceptable.

Thanks

Is anyone else who registered and ordered at the first chance seeing their delivery dates getting bumped out still? I've seen mine go from April, May, week of June 17th and just today it bumped out to week of June 24th.

It seems like I've seen people who reserved and ordered WAY later than me who already have taken delivery. I am trying to hang in there, but I have to admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this.

Nissan is of no help in chat, other than swearing I will get my car by the date listed each time it gets bumped out.

EPleafAZ said:
Is anyone else who registered and ordered at the first chance seeing their delivery dates getting bumped out still? I've seen mine go from April, May, week of June 17th and just today it bumped out to week of June 24th.

It seems like I've seen people who reserved and ordered WAY later than me who already have taken delivery. I am trying to hang in there, but I have to admit I'm starting to get annoyed with this.

Nissan is of no help in chat, other than swearing I will get my car by the date listed each time it gets bumped out.

I'd say based on your Charger Install (Are you in the EVProject?) your car will be here soon. If you are in the EVProject then the 7 day email is next and within that time you'll have your car. Of course I woke up today and saw rainbows and unicorns in my cereal so I may not be the expert on deliveries. But, before I took delivery my date bumped around quit a bit. Good Luck and hold tight...

Carlos said:
EPleafAZ said:

I'd say based on your Charger Install (Are you in the EVProject?) your car will be here soon. If you are in the EVProject then the 7 day email is next and within that time you'll have your car. Of course I woke up today and saw rainbows and unicorns in my cereal so I may not be the expert on deliveries. But, before I took delivery my date bumped around quit a bit. Good Luck and hold tight...

Hi EPleafAZ,
I'm one of those "lucky" line jumpers.
I ordered on Jan. 25th and my Leaf was delivered on April 30th.
No Idea why I jumped in front of so many people!??
My delivery dated jumped wildly up and down since the beginning of March and then stayed firm about 1 week after the Blink was installed.
I believe this all has something to do with color choice and state quota!??

Hopefully you will get yours soon, because its an awesome piece of technology and you will not be sorry. :D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement.

I am in the EV Project and love the look (and freeness) of the Blink charger. Can't wait to do the first charge!

Called Nissan and they essentially said what you were saying about cars were done in batches, so some batches came in first. She did check the VIN and stated the car was at the port and had cleared customs, and that it really does look to ship and arrive at the dealership the week of the 24th.

Probably not a bad thing - gives me more time to sell my 05 Prius.

Almost there!

Back