Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I hearing there will be a meet-up at:

Ikea (Warner Rd. and I-10)
Saturday April 7th
9:00 am

I will try to make it if I can and want to make sure I have the time and place correct. They have a nice breakfast there. Where would we meet - in the restaurant upstairs?

kovalb said:
Am I hearing there will be a meet-up at:

Ikea (Warner Rd. and I-10)
Saturday April 7th
9:00 am

I will try to make it if I can and want to make sure I have the time and place correct. They have a nice breakfast there. Where would we meet - in the restaurant upstairs?

That sounds good. Let's meet at the chargers until about 9:10, then we can just head up to the Ikea restaurant upstairs. If you come after 9:10, then just come upstairs. I can save an L2 for others if people need it. Let us know if you have to have a charge to get back.

Does anybody know if the Bell Ford QC is online yet? Blink's map doesn't help here, still doesn't show Riverview Toyota QC. We're looking at a trip next week, and would love it if it were operational.

phxsmiley said:
Does anybody know if the Bell Ford QC is online yet? Blink's map doesn't help here, still doesn't show Riverview Toyota QC. We're looking at a trip next week, and would love it if it were operational.

The Bell Ford one is working at this time. The Riverview one still has issues that they're trying to fix. The best thing would be to call before you visit.

Phoenix Public Library near PV Mall has a Blink charger. It's by the handicapped parking.

Thanks for those who came out to IKEA for our Phoenix-area Leaf gathering. We had four of us who came (plus my wife, who enjoyed the opportunity to do so shopping). We enjoyed a thrifty breakfast and some good conversation! Next time, we'll do it on the North side of town, if we have some more North valley interest!

+1

Good times. Too bad more people didn't show.

phxsmiley said:
Thanks for those who came out to IKEA for our Phoenix-area Leaf gathering. We had four of us who came (plus my wife, who enjoyed the opportunity to do so shopping). We enjoyed a thrifty breakfast and some good conversation! Next time, we'll do it on the North side of town, if we have some more North valley interest!

I was in downtown Phoenix today and went to 3 St and Thomas to use the blinks which where there and I found 2 blinks. 1 spot was reserved for some boss and was not a EV the other had a Volt which could have used the charger on the right but then used the left so the cord would not touch the car. bummer I want to unplugging the Volt which was on charge for 3.5 hr and going but I did not touch anything.

KLQL8N said:
I just re registered my LEAF. Cost 19.00 and no emissions check! Sweet!

I just recieved mine also.....5 years $52....Hmmmm are they going to send me another bill later,this is to good to be true..I was expecting to pay around $500 for 2 years..

mark13 said:
KLQL8N said:
I just re registered my LEAF. Cost 19.00 and no emissions check! Sweet!

I just recieved mine also.....5 years $52....Hmmmm are they going to send me another bill later,this is to good to be true..I was expecting to pay around $500 for 2 years..

No, they used to have AFVs renewal @ two years for $22 when I had my Honda Civic GX. If you had a new ICE car, it would be around $500 for two years.

RickS said:
FYI I used the DC fast charger as Riverview Toyota last week. Had no problems and measured 121A output from it.

You got lucky! It isn't working now and it didn't work last week when I was there.
However, I found out yesterday that Bell Ford's QC/L2s are powered with PVs (both buildings are covered)!
:mrgreen:

I went to ECo fast charge yesterday. I charged to 80% and it stopped automatically. I started the car to leave and found 4 bar missing on just 2 which is 80% at home. What have others found or is this ME?

Gonewild said:
I went to ECo fast charge yesterday. I charged to 80% and it stopped automatically. I started the car to leave and found 4 bar missing on just 2 which is 80% at home. What have others found or is this ME?

You missed several posts where I said if you want close to 80%/9-10 bars, you have to choose '90%' on the Blink screen. Yesterday, at Bell Ford, I chose '100%' on the Blink screen with less than 50% SOC, and it charged it to over 80%/11 bars in about 24 minutes.

Back