Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Ecotality keeping up with demand of its products ? Does anyone have a Leaf but not a charger in the garage? ECTY has a large amount of work ahead of them for a small company..

I haven't heard anything about my swap. Not that I really want the what appears to be buggy blink EVSE..

Skywagon is the only one that has one so far.

Yep, I am the only Blink unit in AZ so far and mine is working well.

By the way, congrats to Gonewild as his pearl white LEAF arrived today. As he lives close to me I stopped by on my way home.

5490789746_6856f655a5_b.jpg

5490788740_1b07c254cd_b.jpg

Gonewild said:
Got my car today Turbo.

Congratulations Gonewild! I was wondering when it would arrive. Yesterday I noticed your signature said it was delivered 2/28, but I'm guessing something happened to slow it down by a day.

Was it worth the wait?

Gonewild said:
Nice car Skywagan, which one is mine. Are you sure you drove home in the right car?

Uh, nice try... 2000 less miles would be okay but I do not want to start over with all the other stuff I have done so far... so I took the one in the street home. :lol:

I am to the point where I may sell my 2nd car this fall and run just the LEAF. I still have my motorcycles as a gas powered back-up if I need one. And for leaving town there are always rental cars. Although I could convert a pick-up to electric for utility use (or find another S-10E or Ranger EV again)...

leafkabob said:
Gonewild said:
Got my car today Turbo.

Congratulations Gonewild! I was wondering when it would arrive. Yesterday I noticed your signature said it was delivered 2/28, but I'm guessing something happened to slow it down by a day.

Was it worth the wait?
Was on a truck that had to stop in SLC UT for a day to pickup a few cars.

I took my Leaf to work today for the first time. I took the 101 from Ray to 19th ave RT 76 miles. I was only driving at 60-62 I arrived home with 19 miles left and the low batter came on at 19 miles then when I was in garage it dropped 17 miles. No AC or heat. Full 100% charged

Estimating that you MIGHT have had 14 miles remaining, 76 + 14 = 90 miles is quite good at those speeds, I suspect. (no Heat or A/C, 100% charge, new battery)

Apparently you had few other "adverse" conditions: hills, wind, rain, etc. ... right?

Yes Gary,
I was in ECO mode and the trip to work as a small up hill but mostly flat. Our freeway is flat with only up hill on over pass bridges. Going north to Scottsdale and north Phoenix is up hill on the way home the miles went up or held there own. Today I went to work at 5 AM with little traffic so I tried driving at 55-57 thinking it would save more but to my suprise the state of charge was the same thow the number on the dash was higher.

Gonewild said:
Yes Gary,
I was in ECO mode and the trip to work as a small up hill but mostly flat. Our freeway is flat with only up hill on over pass bridges. Going north to Scottsdale and north Phoenix is up hill on the way home the miles went up or held there own. Today I went to work at 5 AM with little traffic so I tried driving at 55-57 thinking it would save more but to my suprise the state of charge was the same thow the number on the dash was higher.

The estimated range is more of a sign in this case than the SOC. The SOC is in 12 increments so you could be up to 8% change and still show the same percentage through Carwings (59% displayed in Carwings could mean anywhere from 55%-63%). The true test will be when you get home today and see how much range you have remaining.

Reading back through some of the posts it seems as if Avondale Nissan is the place to buy, is that still true? If so how do I change my preferred dealer in my account?
Also do any of you owners in the valley have any get togethers where you allow us non owners to see the vehicle and maybe get a ride around the block?

Thanks,
Tim

tmazich said:
Reading back through some of the posts it seems as if Avondale Nissan is the place to buy, is that still true? If so how do I change my preferred dealer in my account?
Also do any of you owners in the valley have any get togethers where you allow us non owners to see the vehicle and maybe get a ride around the block?

Thanks,
Tim

If you want to buy local YES, but only $300 below MSRP the last I heard. Other wise I would buy from Fontana and pay the extra $250 for shipping to your house. Fontana is $1,000 below MSRP with free 200 miles shipping. And there doc fee is only $55 where Avondale and Power doc fee is almost $400

The difference in doc fee pays for the shipping cost. That leave you with a $700 saving over Avondale.

Back