Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and while on the 101 in N Phoenix where they are adding the HOV lane, an SUV kicked up what looked like a boulder which I clearly heard hit the left side of the bumper. It put several marks in it. I love AZ highways, except for idiots that don't secure their load and the dump trucks that shower the road and cars with rocks and think having a sign on the back of the truck that says "not responsible for broken windshields" makes it ok to not care that you are leaving a constant stream of dirt in your wake.

Hi Everyone,

I just got my leaf today. You may see me in the west chandler, south tempe area. My VIN is 471 so I may be affected by the A/C issue.

A clear bra would have done nothing for this damage. It was a golf ball size jagged rock. It probably would have left a dent if it hit metal.

Long time lurker, I took delivery of Blue Ocean Leaf from Pinnacle this afternoon. It was only the forth that they have sold.

barrygCFA said:
Long time lurker, I took delivery of Blue Ocean Leaf from Pinnacle this afternoon. It was only the forth that they have sold.

I was the one you were introduced to there today... I had stopped by to grab a charge while I walked over for some lunch.

Congrats!

I see that SRP is hosting a meeting with the IEEE on Phoenix EV charging stations later this month. The ECOtatilty Regional Manger is the speaker. May be worthwhile to attend.

2011 IEEE PES Power Systems
April 2011 Luncheon Meeting
Date:Thursday, April 21, 2011
Time:11:30 am - 11:45 noon: Registration
11:45 noon: Lunch
12:15 pm: Program

1 E Continental Dr
Tempe, AZ

Speaker:Marc Sobelman - ECOtality Regional Manager
Topic:EV Charging Stations in the Phoenix Area
Cost:$5.00 (No cost if you are a college student)
Reservations:Contact Nancy or Stacy at (480) 991-9191 Ext 10 or Ext 16 or submit your name here.
Reservations deadline is Noon on Monday, April 18, 2011.
If you have already registered for this luncheon but need to cancel, click here.
Let me know if you need more details.
Regards,
Naim
Naim Logic, Ph.D., P.E.
SRP Computer Applications
Phone: (602) 236-3838
Fax: (602) 236-4327

Hi all you PHX Area Leafers.
I'm fairly new to this forum and I try to read up on most posts from AZ and comment if possible/necessary.
I just had my Blink installed yesterday by George from Kortman Electric.
Nice Job, took only about 3 hrs, just have some problems with my Guest Wifi connection.
My Silver Etec Leaf is supposed to be delivered next week Thursday at Power Nissan Chandler.
I'm super exited and can't wait for the “never getting gas anymore” feeling.
My commute is only 20 miles per day, so I will be ok with the range.
Due you guys have any range experience with the AC running from last weeks first really hot days??
A Silver Etec will be parked at Intel starting hopefully next week Friday.
I just hope that Intel is going to install some Chargers, so we Leafers can run our AC while parked during this coming summer heat.

azknauer said:
I'm fairly new to this forum and I try to read up on most posts from AZ and comment if possible/necessary.
Nice Job, took only about 3 hrs, just have some problems with my Guest Wifi connection.
My Silver Etec Leaf is supposed to be delivered next week Thursday at Power Nissan Chandler.
Due you guys have any range experience with the AC running from last weeks first really hot days??
I just hope that Intel is going to install some Chargers, so we Leafers can run our AC while parked during this coming summer heat.

Welcome.

I have found that after the initial cooling period, the AC uses very little power. Like a couple hundred watts. The range meter says "turn off climate control for +1 miles" at that point..

Congrats to the few more phx recent leaf owners. I just got my Blink charger installed last week, BUT, I've been caught up in the delays promulgated by the japan earthquake/tsunami (thought i've heard there's a software fix that have delayed things as well). ECOtality had us down for an april delivery date, but the Nissan Dashboard went from May to Pending to June in the last week.

*sigh*

I spied a pretty black Leaf heading past my house yesterday afternoon...after cussing out my car for a failed charging event (user error, not the car's fault) . So you must be the other charger that shows up on my nav system! Said hi if you want! I am on 12th street near Mescal.

Hello everyone, this is my first post, but I have been around, and even PM a few members back when I thought I was ordering my Leaf. Back in August, I was called by my PD and told I was to place my order. So I went through several emails and calls with the PD and was ready to order, but my dashboard did not open up. However, I had assumed that I would not be one of the first to order as I was in Tokyo when the reservations were first accepted and did not feel comfortable putting card info online from a different country.

So obviously, I was a little discouraged when I did not get to order until December and then got an April delivery, then delivery was moved to May, but Kpoman electric and my PD and told I my car was due in less than 30 days. However, the very next day my dashbord switched to Pending. Now the dashboard lists June.

One could say I have been "jerked" around a bit during this ordeal. Please undeerstand that I am keenly aware of the tragedy that has occured in Japan. I was on the phone with my partners in Japan just before and after the earhtquake and was relieved to know that all the people I knew were fine.

So here I am still waiting for my Silver eTec to be delivered. Better late than never.

I got my AZ Vehicle Registration today in the mail. Did you all get a blue and yellow square sticker for the rear window or rear bumper? It says, "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" with a dot removed by the word ELECTRIC.

I haven't heard anything about the sticker so it surprises me that I'm suppose to display it. Any info?

Azrich said:
I got my AZ Vehicle Registration today in the mail. Did you all get a blue and yellow square sticker for the rear window or rear bumper? It says, "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" with a dot removed by the word ELECTRIC.

I haven't heard anything about the sticker so it surprises me that I'm suppose to display it. Any info?

Myself, along with others I have seen with plates so far, only have the "blue skies" alt fuel plate. The decal, or use of the plate, is spelled out here (section D mentions the decal): http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/28/02416.htm

Did you get the blue plate?

My plate is the regular AZ plate with mountains and cactus, not the blue plate with clouds. I had the personalized plate, LEAF EV, on my old car since last July. I guess this blue sticker is so I can use the high occupancy vehicle lane, however, there are no such lanes in the Tucson area. I'm not sure if I have to put the blue sticker on the bumper for any other reason. Thanks for the link to the AZ Alt. fuel law.

azknauer said:

Which Intel building do you park at? Myself and another Intel employee on this forum have contacted the Intel site managers, and the response has been that they won't install any charging stations until they get sufficient demand. I'm not sure what constitutes sufficient demand, but I remain hopeful. I work at CH7 where they are beginning to install covered parking with solar panels. I hope that they don't limit this to the ~200 or so parking spots that are currently under construction by Solar City. Even if they only placed a few 120V outlets on a few of the covered spots that would work for me.

P.S., I took delivery from my Leaf from Power Nissan Chandler on the 1st. Alan is the Leaf sales manager there, very knowledgeable and helpful person.

Oh, and I've found that if the charger drops the wi-fi connection to your router, best way to resolve it is to power-cycle the Blink. I think their wi-fi stack has problems rediscovering stations if it gets dropped. My Blink was installed with 1.2A firmware, and was remotely updated to 1.4A last week. It's been more stable since then, but I still need to power-cycle if it drops which hasn't happened in about a week now.

I got both the blue skies plate and the window sticker. It said you could put the sticker on the bumper or the rear window. I opted for the rear window because the sticker will eventually fade and decompose and it will be easier to use a razor blade and/or solvent to scrape off the old sticker from a window than the bumper. My understanding is that the blue plate allows you HOV access 24/7 like some hybrids and that the sticker with "Electric" selected will allow you to park at charging stations when they become available. I think it is an effort to keep ICEs from blocking charging stations.

Got my CC swapped with the Blink yesterday. It updated to 1.4A in the afternoon. Last night it started at 10 like it should, charged 39 minutes and then stopped leaving me with a half dead battery this morning..

Back