Point Person(s) at Boardwalk Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxo

I'd like to get some quotes from Boardwalk Nissan because they advertise here with their banner ad and because they seem to have good deals. I want to do everything long distance and I DON'T want to deal with someone who isn't sophisticated with leases, VPP, Owner Loyalty and out of state transactions.

Do these forums have a point person at this dealership that knows their stuff? A sales manager's name would be great!

oxo said:
I'd like to get some quotes from Boardwalk Nissan because they advertise here with their banner ad and because they seem to have good deals. I want to do everything long distance and I DON'T want to deal with someone who isn't sophisticated with leases, VPP, Owner Loyalty and out of state transactions.

Do these forums have a point person at this dealership that knows their stuff? A sales manager's name would be great!

Yup. I did not buy there, but I was very impressed with Justin Schiller. He gave me very straightforward information. I leased more locally. Here is his contact email. [email protected]

Daniel

Thanks for that. Does anyone else have a name? Not sure if that person still works there. I have seen other names mentioned on here that I should have written down at the time and can't find now, including an internet dept woman and a man salesman there who actually left a comment in an old thread here. Are any of them still around?

oxo said:
Thanks for that. Does anyone else have a name? Not sure if that person still works there. I have seen other names mentioned on here that I should have written down at the time and can't find now, including an internet dept woman and a man salesman there who actually left a comment in an old thread here. Are any of them still around?
The go-to guy at Boardwalk Nissan used to be Brendan Dolan. He was a very enthusiastic LEAF and forum supporter waaay back in 2011, sold many of us our first electric car, and was responsible for hosting the second ever BayLEAF meeting at the dealership in April of 2012. If he's still in their employ, I'd try to contact him: [email protected]

Glenn

Bingo! Thanks so much, that's the name I was fishing for and Brendan *does* still work there.

I'm still here! :mrgreen: I've cycled out of sales for the most part, though I did just do a stint back in Nissan helping run the store for awhile. Alas, I'm the young guy that speaks Google, so I end up doing the marketing for all of the stores. My next project is going to push the Spark EV and the Golf EV. I can't wait to take a Spark EV out for a spin (though I shouldn't say that here, or in front of my LEAF....)

Feel free to shoot me an email, and if I cant answer your questions, I'll put you in contact with Justin. He's like me; super enthusiastic about the car, gives great service, and knows the LEAF, and all the programs inside and out.

BrendanDolan said:
I'm still here! :mrgreen: I've cycled out of sales for the most part, though I did just do a stint back in Nissan helping run the store for awhile. Alas, I'm the young guy that speaks Google, so I end up doing the marketing for all of the stores. My next project is going to push the Spark EV and the Golf EV. I can't wait to take a Spark EV out for a spin (though I shouldn't say that here, or in front of my LEAF....)

Feel free to shoot me an email, and if I cant answer your questions, I'll put you in contact with Justin. He's like me; super enthusiastic about the car, gives great service, and knows the LEAF, and all the programs inside and out.

I left you a voicemail today. You can pass my info along to Justin if you are no longer doing deals though. Gracias amigo.

They spend bucks with their constant banner ads here which I take to mean they are looking for business and rather than just conclude Boardwalk Nissan is the worst, I'll let you tell me how you would rate this kind of service:

1) Called them last weekend and stated what I was looking for. The first woman I talked to in the 'internet department' had no clue about leases but was trained very well on how to ask for my number 'in case we were cut off' and eventually transferred me to a guy named 'Leo.' Leo took down all my information and said he'd get back to me with some numbers. Nearly a week later, I still have never heard from him again.

2) Came on here with this thread to try and find someone at their dealership that specialized in the Leaf, was good and actually followed up when they said they were going to. As you can read above in the thread, the person who I had remembered reading about, Brendan, answered the post but is no longer in their sales dept so he passed my info along to Justin.

3) Two more days go by because Justin was off those two days. Justin calls me early in the morning on Thursday the 30th. I tell him what I'm interested in and explain that I'm not in the area and say I will be doing the deal long distance and I will pay to have the car shipped to Maui. He didn't know where Maui was but said he'd call me back with the numbers. Never heard back from him either. I called him back at the end of Thursday and he said they had been swamped and just sold 8 Leafs on the 30th including the one I had asked about earlier that day but that he would get back to me with some numbers. He never did that day and he never called yesterday either.

Is it just me? Because I have *never* dealt with a car dealer as unresponsive as this. Usually they pester you trying to make a deal rather than just blowing you off even though you show interest. Guess I'll be moving on to another store but it's unfortunate because they had the largest inventory - at least on paper.

oxo said:
They spend bucks with their constant banner ads here which I take to mean they are looking for business and rather than just conclude Boardwalk Nissan is the worst, I'll let you tell me how you would rate this kind of service:

1) Called them last weekend and stated what I was looking for. The first woman I talked to in the 'internet department' had no clue about leases but was trained very well on how to ask for my number 'in case we were cut off' and eventually transferred me to a guy named 'Leo.' Leo took down all my information and said he'd get back to me with some numbers. Nearly a week later, I still have never heard from him again.

2) Came on here with this thread to try and find someone at their dealership that specialized in the Leaf, was good and actually followed up when they said they were going to. As you can read above in the thread, the person who I had remembered reading about, Brendan, answered the post but is no longer in their sales dept so he passed my info along to Justin.

3) Two more days go by because Justin was off those two days. Justin calls me early in the morning on Thursday the 30th. I tell him what I'm interested in and explain that I'm not in the area and say I will be doing the deal long distance and I will pay to have the car shipped to Maui. He didn't know where Maui was but said he'd call me back with the numbers. Never heard back from him either. I called him back at the end of Thursday and he said they had been swamped and just sold 8 Leafs on the 30th including the one I had asked about earlier that day but that he would get back to me with some numbers. He never did that day and he never called yesterday either.

Is it just me? Because I have *never* dealt with a car dealer as unresponsive as this. Usually they pester you trying to make a deal rather than just blowing you off even though you show interest. Guess I'll be moving on to another store but it's unfortunate because they had the largest inventory - at least on paper.

I think that dealership has been "uber" busy. I watched their inventory go down as I was making my purchase. When he says they sold 8 in one day I believe it. Looks like they sold about 60 over a week. I dealt with him over the email, and he was very responsive to me. I did not buy from there as I got a better deal at Napa Nissan, which is also considerably closer to my home, but I found him to be very nice and forthright over the email. I'd try him again. Or, you could try the dealer I worked with, Napa Nissan. I worked with Mike Waldrop, and he was absolutely terrific. They are a small dealership, so I don't know how they would arrange a shipment to Maui, but I had the best dealer experience I have ever had working with them. You could give it a try! Here is his email: [email protected]

I completely understand if they were swamped on Thursday but no one has 15 minutes to call me with some numbers the next morning, or anytime during an entire week? Or how about a 30 second phone call saying you haven't forgotten about me but are swamped and will get back to me asap?

I don't need them to arrange the shipping. I have that and everything else lined up that I need to happen. I simply need a dealer that is within driving distance of either San Diego, Covina or Hayward that has an SV with the color and pkgs I want and can give me VPP lease numbers. Just from reading this forum I have a pretty good idea. Napa is too far from Hayward so that's not gonna happen but thanks for the suggestion.

Back