Power window auto-up

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since this thread is jacked already..Iletric. I am running aan 85 mile commute (~42 each way). I am using L1 charging only. I leave in the dark so lights and stereo. I L1 for 8 hours at work. Stereo on cc on. reach home with 30-40% left. 65MPH on the freeway, which is all but maybe 10 miles of my commute.

The number of problems I am seeing people complain about with the Leaf give s me some major concerns about the vehicle. Window electrical problems, heating difficulties, Something with not being able to restart if A/C is on, cheap carpeting, loose bolts causing plastic to come up on roof.
I have my $100 deposit in since last June.
I will be watching carefully what people are saying in the next few months.
Nissan may not have done as much quality control as they should have with this car. They need to hit a home run, not strike out with this car. It looks bad if Nissan ignores customer complaints, especially with this vehicle. Nissan already does not have the best image of quality.
My confidence in the Leaf is being tested.

chuck58 said:
The number of problems I am seeing people complain about with the Leaf give s me some major concerns about the vehicle. Window electrical problems, heating difficulties, Something with not being able to restart if A/C is on, cheap carpeting, loose bolts causing plastic to come up on roof.
Nissan may not have done as much quality control as they should have with this car. They need to hit a home run, not strike out with this car. It looks bad if Nissan ignores customer complaints, especially with this vehicle. Nissan already does not have the best image of quality.

Chuck, they DID hit a home run.

You need to see and drive one of these. Don't turn in your deposit yet.... Failing that, let me take over your spot in line, I have dozens of friends who now want one.

There are no window electrical problems. All of us having this issue have disconnected our 12v batteries (for various reasons). This resets a number of internal computer settings and, for whatever reason, one of them defaults the window auto-up to off. This is not unusual for a wide variety of cars. It is easily reset by following the procedure I described, which are also found in the owners manual.

Don't let the discussions here fool you. Most of us early adopters are highly technical people and, as such, we tend to be overly critical and notice things most people never would. Some of what you read is just us learning the quirks of a new kind of car we've never owned before. Sure, there probably have been a few build quality issues, but all new model cars experience that. The only REAL issue so far has been the AC issue, and Nissan has stepped up pretty quickly to resolve the issue. I've had multiple recalls on the others cars I own, so this all seems pretty par for the course to me...

I have my LEAF since last Sunday. I love this vehicle. I love everything about it. It is a great vehicle. This was a fantastic choice, and every mile I drive just reenforces that choice. Everyone who's driven mine agrees this this assessment. The LEAF is well made, well constructed and a great piece of engineering. I waited 3 days shy of a year to get it, and it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

chuck58 said:
Even at an enthusiast site like this, the complaints tend to be louder than the kudos. People are just more motivated to post about something that doesn't work. Who going to read posts from 20 people saying that nothing bad has happened?

can you disable the auto power on the drivers window. I would like it to function just like all the other windows. I do not see what use the auto has except to annoy me when i am trying to just open the window for a little air and it zips all the way down.. I have played with it and just do not find it user friendly!!

Actually, I rather like it. It doesn't seem too hard to push-and-then-pull to get it to open just a little bit. I find the auto feature useful in a couple of ways:
  1. Pulling up to a car wash, or a fast food order kiosk, I touch the button and then concentrate on steering the car.
  2. Driving in town without A/C I like to have two windows open. Left front and right rear seems to work best, but it's awkward to hold your fingers on both those buttons at the same time. So I touch the driver's window button, then hold the other one up or down as the case may be.
Ray

Back