QC adapter for Rav4EV - the Project

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TonyWilliams said:
I propose Tuesday, since I'm driving up to AeroVironment in Monrovia, and we can also have Jeremy there and hopefully GregH.
Sounds good to me, although I'll be a bit sleepy since I'm on night shifts this week. I have an isolated PCAN tool coming in the mail for work with OVMS for the leaf that we can use for this but it looks like it's arriving on Tuesday.

Ok, I believe that I remember doing the logging that you picture.

I see the GID-Meter being used with CAN-Do, using the laptop
on the front passenger side seat.

The connector in the rear has pins 1,3,6 on the long side,
and x, x, x, 14 on the short side. We thought that the pins
6 and 14 were likely to be a CAN bus, but there is no power
on the standard pins 8 or 16 (no pins in the connector)
and no pins (4 or 5) for the standard Ground either.

Perhaps I can find those logs and see if they appeared
to have any good data.

JeremyW said:
TonyWilliams said:
I propose Tuesday, since I'm driving up to AeroVironment in Monrovia, and we can also have Jeremy there and hopefully GregH.
Sounds good to me, although I'll be a bit sleepy since I'm on night shifts this week. I have an isolated PCAN tool coming in the mail for work with OVMS for the leaf that we can use for this but it looks like it's arriving on Tuesday.

We're you guys able to discover anything?

TonyWilliams said:
aries said:
We're you guys able to discover anything?

I didn't meet up with GregH or Jeremy, but I did have a couple long talks with a very experienced CHAdeMO guy. It's looking good for the possibility.

Cool! I'd have some fun logging this data from my RAV... What are the best tools for this purpose / where can I purchase them?

Interesting project gentlemen. The lack of a quick charger is the only thing keeping me from buying the rav4 ev. If you guys can solve this sad problem with the rav and someone would perform upgrades, I'll be the first paying customer. Best of luck.

Letting off some steam:

Furthermore, Toyota and Tesla need to get their heads out of their stupidasses and put a fast charge port on at the factory. They will, eventually, when they decide to stop sabotaging themselves. No viable EV has only L2 charging, volt not inluded, its an ev+ a hybrid.

Rant completed!

garygid said:
Apparently Tesla uses some Rav4EV vehicles at their
factory, and these have SuperCharger capability.

I was told that you can Google to find the info.

Those are the prototypes, and they never had Supercharger capability. They have Roadster plugs... just a 70 amp AC plug using J1772 signaling to the onboard charger.

EVDrive said:
... Toyota and Tesla need to get their heads out of their stupidasses and put a fast charge port on at the factory. They will, eventually, when they decide to stop sabotaging themselves. No viable EV has only L2 charging, volt not inluded, its an ev+ a hybrid.

Rant completed!

Please read this post to understand why:

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4143#p4143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks Tony!

That was a really interesting and informative write up. Definitely a big slap in the face with the reality of the CARB ZEV hydrogen mandate and how the cards are stacked in favor of hydrogen which is still nowhere near taking off. Interesting as well just how much money CA taxpayers are spending/subsidizing on operating each hydrogen station each year. 1 million. That would equal a lot of quick chargers for us EV drivers who actually have cars on the ground.

TonyWilliams said:
EVDrive said:
... Toyota and Tesla need to get their heads out of their stupidasses and put a fast charge port on at the factory. They will, eventually, when they decide to stop sabotaging themselves. No viable EV has only L2 charging, volt not included, its an ev+ a hybrid.

Rant completed!

Please read this post to understand why:

http://www.myrav4ev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4143#p4143" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back