Re: Lost order - start over -REDEMPTION!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat said:
Nissan found me a car! Thank you, thank you, Nissan!

After all my griping, or despite my griping, the guys at Nissan CS came through in the end. They have located an SL exactly to my (upgraded) specs and color. They gave me a VIN, although that hasn't appeared on my dashboard yet. The car is in port and waiting to have splashguards installed. I am sure they were always trying to rectify the situation, but Nissan just never empowered CS to deal with such situations the way they should be handled. It looks like in the long run I'll only lose about a month or so over what it should have been. It has not yet been invoiced to the dealer, so I don't know the estimated delivery date.

I also want to thank the two forum members who offered me orphan SLs they knew about, although I turned them down for a couple of reasons (e.g., color and price). MNL.com rocks!

a big congrats Rat! what an odessey!

For those of us still waiting on a VIN, much less a car, mind sharing how you did it?

Ready2plugin said:
Rat said:

After all my griping, or despite my griping, the guys at Nissan CS came through in the end. They have located an SL exactly to my (upgraded) specs and color. They gave me a VIN, although that hasn't appeared on my dashboard yet. The car is in port and waiting to have splashguards installed. I am sure they were always trying to rectify the situation, but Nissan just never empowered CS to deal with such situations the way they should be handled. It looks like in the long run I'll only lose about a month or so over what it should have been. It has not yet been invoiced to the dealer, so I don't know the estimated delivery date.

I also want to thank the two forum members who offered me orphan SLs they knew about, although I turned them down for a couple of reasons (e.g., color and price). MNL.com rocks!

Congrats!! :D :D :D :D :D
Now what are you going to do with all the time you use to spend on the phone :lol: .
When I got the call from my PD, it started a whole new wave of anxiety--how would I go through the rest of my life not having to check my DB 5X daily and mine the MNL forum for every scrap of info about when my LEAF might be delivered?

Very happy for you, Rat!

Rat said:
They gave me a VIN, although that hasn't appeared on my dashboard yet.

So what color car was it, and what is the VIN?

My car (also at port for 5 weeks) is apparently no longer for me. I have been informed today that the VIN that shows up in CARWINGS for me, does not match my order number. I have been told this is only a "cosmetic" issue, but I have learned to not trust CS. So I was just wondering whether you had been assigned mine, and mine changed to something else.....

My VIN was 1485, a red SL

Congratulations Rat!!!!!!!!!!!!
Recent updates of spreadsheet confirm that Nissan is working on solving the problems. Some evidence in the dealer ordered on dates and manufactured dates that they have been reassigning some VINs to get the early orders filled.
Not sure what they've done with scharlj order.
I'd request Customer Service to escalate the issue to the team working to resolve the order SNAFU situation.

To be fair, I was one of the "line jumpers". I ordered in late Jan, got a VIN in early March and had my earliest DB May of week for April 21. My car's been ready at the port since April 19. But until yesterday I had no indication that my VIN had changed. I am now wondering whether this is indeed the reason why my car's been at the port for 5 weeks. Maybe I was VINless while my car got given to someone else to fix the order SNAFU, and none of the Nissan CS were willing to admit this. Then this week maybe I got assigned a VIN as a car from a recent ship got made available that meets my spec? Could this be?

Rat said:

Congratulations Rat! I'm so happy for you! As the saying goes, "It's about time!"

scharlj said:
Rat said:
They gave me a VIN, although that hasn't appeared on my dashboard yet.
So what color car was it, and what is the VIN? ... So I was just wondering whether you had been assigned mine, and mine changed to something else.....
My VIN was 1485, a red SL
Nope. Blue, VIN over 2000. I entered it in the spreadsheet.

Congratulations on your car. Nice work by Nissan and great that you got it -- you had a most unfortunate experience!

scharlj said:
To be fair, I was one of the "line jumpers". I ordered in late Jan, got a VIN in early March and had my earliest DB May of week for April 21. My car's been ready at the port since April 19. But until yesterday I had no indication that my VIN had changed. I am now wondering whether this is indeed the reason why my car's been at the port for 5 weeks. Maybe I was VINless while my car got given to someone else to fix the order SNAFU, and none of the Nissan CS were willing to admit this. Then this week maybe I got assigned a VIN as a car from a recent ship got made available that meets my spec? Could this be?
Possible. But I don't think CS knows and is failing to admit the details. I think only the special Nissan team set up to resolve the order SNAFU issue knows, but doesn't provide CS much information on the details of how it is being resolved.
It appears that Nissan's standard practice had been to assign VINS to the customer when the vehicle entered the manufacturing order system, and then notify the customer of the VIN around the time the vehicle was being loaded on the ship headed for Long Beach.
In my case the owner's portal opened up and I got a week of delivery projection on the dashboard and the VIN # from the owner's portal about 3 weeks after the vehicle was manufactured. And that was around the time the vehicle was being loaded onto the ship in Oppama. The vehicle likely arrived Long Beach on the first ship since the earthquake / tsunami disaster. Arrived Long Beach in late April.
So I speculate that the VIN was initially tied to the owner when the order was entered into the manufacturing order system, and the owner was initially notified of the VIN around the time the vehicle was leaving Oppama.
But you should look at the separate post in the spreadsheet topic:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1949&p=89781#p89781
On May 09, the spreadsheet showed four VINS which had a Dealer Dashboard Ordered On Date of several weeks after the manufactured date. I initially thought that must be erroneous, but I think it is correct. I believe it indicates Nissan has been doing some reassignment of vehicles / VINS after they were manufactured.
So they might have done what you speculate.

I got the Leaf today. My dashboard never showed the VIN of the car delivered to me. I tried to delete the SV from my profile several times without success, but today it came off and we added this SL at the dealer's. Everything went fine. It was pouring rain for the drive up there and for the test drive, but it stopped before I drove home. I'm just sorry Brendan wasn't there, as I have not met him yet. He's been great the whole way by phone and e-mail. Melina handled the whole thing and she was really terrific. It is exactly what I ordered - SL+QC, blue, price as agreed. All in all the mess-ups cost me no more than a month of delivery time plus a lot of hassles and headaches, but all that is finally over. Thanks to all on this forum for your good wishes and support.

Rat said:
I got the Leaf today. My dashboard never showed the VIN of the car delivered to me. I tried to delete the SV from my profile several times without success, but today it came off and we added this SL at the dealer's. Everything went fine. It was pouring rain for the drive up there and for the test drive, but it stopped before I drove home. I'm just sorry Brendan wasn't there, as I have not met him yet. He's been great the whole way by phone and e-mail. Melina handled the whole thing and she was really terrific. It is exactly what I ordered - SL+QC, blue, price as agreed. All in all the mess-ups cost me no more than a month of delivery time plus a lot of hassles and headaches, but all that is finally over. Thanks to all on this forum for your good wishes and support.

Congratulations Rat. Welcome to the owners club. Sorry to read about your rough path to ownership, but you'll be happy once you start driving. Sounds like you had a good dealer experience. I did too, and its nice to know there are some good dealers out there.

leafkabob said:
Congratulations Rat! It's nice to see you get your car.
Now, can you disclose what your personalized plate is going to be? ;)
MHO POWR

In case there's one or two out there who don't know, a mho is a unit of electrical conductance. I wanted MHO FUN but it was already taken.

Congratulations Rat!! The best thing I can wish for you is a "normal" owner experience. I can tell you that after three weeks a lot of the anguish has been forgotten and the fun continues to grow. For you the odyssey is truly over and the journey now begins.

Congratulations Rat !!!
I hope the pleasure of driving the LEAF makes up for all the pain and anxiety your were put through.

Don't forget to apply for the CA rebate ASAP - The folks at the CARB's Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
are super efficient (I applied online on the day I picked up my LEAF, a Saturday - I received an
e-mail reply from them the next morning on Sunday !!! with a confirmation of my reservation for the $5K
After sending in the required documents, 3 weeks later I got my check. I hope you have the same experience.

My situation was just like yours - I ordered an SV in December, learned I could participate in the EV Project in early
February, contacted Nissan - was told there was still time to change my order before it was sent to manufacturing
just 2 days later, so I said Yes, change my order - Noticed that my Nissan account still showed the SV order - called Nissan CS multiple times about
that - they kept reassuring me that it takes a long time to update the web site - months later, it was still showing
an SV, but everyone kept saying "don't worry, we have you down for an SL". Eventually, the web site showed an SL,
but still had the original quote for the SV??? I just accepted the fact the web site just wasn't reliable.
If someone had told me they had 'lost' my order at that point, I would have lost it. But it worked out great.

I didn't get my BLINK EVSE for several weeks after I took delivery of my LEAF - so be patient. Charging with L1 isn't
so bad unless you have a long daily commute.

Your signature shows your location as "Silicon Valley" - I'm in Santa Clara, so perhaps we'll meet at BayLeafs Meeting #5

Back