Report about your may 1st reservation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phxsmiley said:
I haven't received the latest registration email, and I was signed up before the first go-around of reservations were made last year. Hopefully soon...

I am guessing you will get it very soon!.

I didn't receive a reservation invitation email, but I logged into the dashboard this morning and was able to place my reservation. This confirms my thought that the email is just a notification that your account has been opened for reservation purposes. I registered last October. I was also given the opportunity to apply for a free EVSE through E-TEC.

I'm relieved that I've made it through door #1. How many more are there?

oakwcj said:
I didn't receive a reservation invitation email, but I logged into the dashboard this morning and was able to place my reservation. This confirms my thought that the email is just a notification that your account has been opened for reservation purposes. I registered last October. I was also given the opportunity to apply for a free EVSE through E-TEC.

Yea I think they enable your account then email you and if no response within some time frame they remove the access ..

Now how did you get the invite for the free EVSE through E-TEC ???

I chatted with CS support, and found out that they don't know your actual 'registration date', which is surprising. Hopefully somebody in Nissan does.

I asked why I haven't seen my second round notice yet, and they suggested that I might not be in this round, because I clicked into the 'survey' that evaluates your commute distance, whether you garage your car, etc. That reset my 'date' on that survey to 5/1/11, even though I just clicked into it.

I'm not convinced they are sure of that, but I'll give this out as a warning to others...

When I log into my dashboard, it still tells me reservations are closed.

thew said:
oakwcj said:

Yea I think they enable your account then email you and if no response within some time frame they remove the access ..

Now how did you get the invite for the free EVSE through E-TEC ???

After I completed the reservation, and was returned to the dashboard, the option showed up under "home assessment." There was also a link in the reservation confirmation email I received. I assume it involved being in the right location, choosing an SL, etc. I am supposed to told whether I qualify within the next few weeks.

OK, 5/6/2011

RAQ Complete. FIY I did not receive any Email I checked the Dash Board and Noticed that IT was telling me to Schedule MY home evaluation and they would allow me to RAQ. But because we will install the Charge Dock ourselves I called the phone number and they released my dashboard to proceed without the home evaluation!!. And told me how to get the charge dock as Cash And Carry!.

So still no email to RAQ yet but the Dash Board let me, Just follow the Directions :) Also the Dash board clearly now shows all of the Options with pictures so you can decide if you want the Eco Package or not! Based on a Picture! :)

Also NO invite for the free EVSE through E-TEC in my dash board.. Santa Barbara must not be in the program..

thew said:
OK, 5/6/2011
Also NO invite for the free EVSE through E-TEC in my dash board.. Santa Barbara must not be in the program..

I just got the invite and successfully reserved. I was pleasantly surprised the be allowed to apply for the free EVSE. I thought the SF Bay Area was not part of it. I hope I checked the right boxes!

BTW, I don't have a covered location; just a driveway next to my house (very close to the main breaker box). Does anyone know of any issues that would raise with the EVSE?

I just received My Price quote,
RAQ Complete and Accepted .
Order Finished. !
5/6/11 12:08 pm
Total Price before any Rebates or Trade ins.
$35305
Price includes
SL Trim with Quick Charge port, Organization package, Kick Plates, Floor Mats, Protection Package, Splash guards. IN Silver.

Also, As many of you are like me and will be installing your Charge Dock yourself or with your own electrician. Let me Document what I did to make it happen.. Its very easy now.. I understand that with the first orders there was lots of confusion about the process of the home evaluation and if you did not want it..

Like I said before, if you call the Phone number on the Dash board and tell them you do not need the Home evaluation and you want the Charge Dock for "Cash and Carry" then They will adjust your profile on your dash board and then you can proceed with the RAQ . Then Go back to the Home Evaluation Tab and tell it you want to order the Charge Dock. For Me it was $985.00 pulse Shipping and Cal Tax.. And I should have it in about 8 days.

phxsmiley said:
I chatted with CS support, and found out that they don't know your actual 'registration date', which is surprising. Hopefully somebody in Nissan does.

I asked why I haven't seen my second round notice yet, and they suggested that I might not be in this round, because I clicked into the 'survey' that evaluates your commute distance, whether you garage your car, etc. That reset my 'date' on that survey to 5/1/11, even though I just clicked into it.

I'm not convinced they are sure of that, but I'll give this out as a warning to others...

When I log into my dashboard, it still tells me reservations are closed.
Oh man! Don't tell me that. I did the same thing! *$#%$#

So when is the 3rd round? :cry:

matth said:
BTW, I don't have a covered location; just a driveway next to my house (very close to the main breaker box). Does anyone know of any issues that would raise with the EVSE?
That basically describes our situation. The EVSE can be installed outdoors. While ours is somewhat protected by virtue of being installed underneath a bay window, the charging docks at Fontana Nissan are right out in the open. I have seen the dealer put covers (vinyl?) over them when they are not in use, though. That seems like a good precaution.

abasile said:
matth said:
That basically describes our situation. The EVSE can be installed outdoors. While ours is somewhat protected by virtue of being installed underneath a bay window, the charging docks at Fontana Nissan are right out in the open. I have seen the dealer put covers (vinyl?) over them when they are not in use, though. That seems like a good precaution.

The Charge Dock is Water Proof.. All of them here at the Nissan Dealer are out side in a parking spot uncovered.. You should be fine..
The Box is NEMA rated.

kmp647 said:
thew said:
Order Finished. !

What kind of pricing did you get.?
Ok here you go..

Santa Barbara Nissan offered and I accepted:
$35305
Price includes
SL Trim with Quick Charge port, Organization package, Kick Plates, Floor Mats, Protection Package, Splash guards. IN Silver.

I wanted blue but The Dash Board tells you that if you order Blue to expect a 90 day additional wait.

kmp647 said:
thew said:
Order Finished. !

What about you.. ? The Site says MSRP of $33220 , So is my price of $35,305 higher because of Santa Barbara Nissan? or the MSRP? Or perhaps the MSRP is without Mud flaps etc :)

What kind of pricing did you get.? kmp647

thew said:
kmp647 said:
thew said:
Order Finished. !

Ok here you go..

Santa Barbara Nissan offered and I accepted:
$35305
Price includes

I wanted blue but The Dash Board tells you that if you order Blue to expect a 90 day additional wait.

I heard there is a shortage of red and blue cars in the production schedule that would cause an additional sixty day delivery delay. It may be earthquake related.

Oh yea, During my RAQ Order process the Dash Board also had a Statement on the Top in Yellow saying that "Your order will not be affected by the recent issue with the Earth quake in Japan".. So that's new to..

thew said:
kmp647 said:
thew said:
Order Finished. !

What about you.. ? The Site says MSRP of $33220 , So is my price of $35,305 higher because of Santa Barbara Nissan? or the MSRP? Or perhaps the MSRP is without Mud flaps etc :)

What kind of pricing did you get.? kmp647

MSRP is without the flaps and floor mats and quick charge port and destination fee. Your price includes all that. Then of course you have to add tax onto that 35305.

Back