San Diego - Workplace Charging Seminar May 10

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

I wanted to give the forum members a head's up...

The Clean Transportation group at SDG & E is sponsoring a Plug-in Vehicle & Workplace Charging Seminar on May 10 from 9:30am to 11:00am at the Energy Innovation Center (4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd in San Diego).

Matt Zerega in our group will be the featured speaker. If you're at all interested in public charging and demand charges, this is the seminar to attend! Matt lays it all out and makes a complex subject easy to understand...Here is a short list of other topics:

* Charging equipment options, from standard outlets to DC Fast Charging
* Important considerations for your workplace charging policy
* Factors affecting utility billing costs for charging
* Parking management, usage monitoring and pay-for-use options
* Available incentives
* Factors affecting installation costs

Here's a link to the Seminar page (See event 6812 on May 10):
https://seminars.sdge.com/iebms/coe/coe_p1_all.aspx?cc=coe&oc=05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can register on-line...

Hope to see you there....

Randy

While there will be a lot of SDG&E specific elements (billing & incentives), there also sounds like there could be useful information (charging equipment, policy considerations, installation issues, etc) in the seminar for forum members from other parts of the country.

Perhaps the slide deck could be posted, or a synopsis?

Will be there! :)

Hope to soak up a lot of information.

I know we're a bit of a ways off from vehicle to grid, but lets say I have an isolated grid tie inverter (UL listed) that "could be" hooked to the pack via CHAdeMO, could I sign up for net metering without solar?

Of course, the only vehicle that can take power out of the CHAdeMO port right now is the I Miev, but I don't see why Nissan couldn't update the firmware to allow it although I could think of a lot of reasons why they wouldn't. At least the possibility is there though, as the hard part is already done- isolated grid tie inverters (using a high frequency transformer) already exist for thin film modules.

Jeremy

Randy said:
I wanted to give the forum members a head's up...

Here's a link to the Seminar page:
https://seminars.sdge.com/iebms/coe/coe_p1_all.aspx?cc=coe&oc=05" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can register on-line...

Hope to see you there....

Randy
Randy, your link gives me "Your session has timed out." I was able to get there, but I had to go back to the entire list of events.

Thanks, Dave...As I remember, that happened before because I grabbed a link that was "too far into" the system....The link is now fixed...

Randy

Back