Seeking any Midwest Leaf owners. IL, IN, WI, MN, MI

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVPowers

We are seeking any Leaf owners in the Midwest for an event in Madison, WI on July 23 & 24. (www.GreenDriveExpo.com)

We have Volt owners, Prius owners, EV association member vehicles, electric bikes, and more... but we'd sure like to see a Leaf at the event as well.

I am the organizer of this event, and although I'm pretty sure there aren't any owners here in the Midwest yet, I thought I'd give it a try anyway.

Please contact me via PM, email ([email protected]), or call 608-729-4082 if you own a Midwest Leaf or wnow someone who does.

good luck on your search Eric. might be a tough one to complete since the Leaf has not launched in that area yet. but there are reports of random people ordering from a tier one state and trucking the Leaf to their home

Yeah, I know. We found one in Chicago, but it is owned by a company.
We are in talks to get it up here.

I would love to meet a owner who was bold enough to make a purchase and bring it back to the Midwest!

Hah, even from my own house in the NW 'burbs which is about 45 minutes closer to Madison, a Chicago-metro area LEAF owner would need to trailer it as it's simply too far to go under it's own power. Believe me there are a number of us here in the Midwest awaiting the LEAF's arrival but we may actually see the Ford Focus EV before the LEAF (at least Chicago is listed as a launch city) but even if that was here (and in my own garage), it also simply wouldn't make it --- perhaps it's more realistic to go after the handful of Tesla roadster drivers (Chicago does have a dealership here) but it sounds like you may have already gone down that path; as long as Madison offers charging stations (which I believe they do), the Tesla would have enough range. You should also get over to the smart forum as I think the smart ED's are sold in Milwaukee and possibly Madison as well (none here in Chicago at either smart dealer):

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/

Actually, I have a 440V mobile charging station at the ready for anyone who is in the area and needs a quick charge of their Leaf on the way up to the event this year. 80% charge in 20-30 min! So it will be possible for us to help a leaf owner get up here.

For next year, there should be a quick charge station in Rockford.

Teslas can make it here no problem. There were 3 here last year.

As far as smart cars, I know the dealer in Madison doesn't have any.

And yes, we have charging available on this end once they arrive.

Back