September orders on hold until the 27th

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
evnow said:
leaffan said:
Those people have had enough time to decide, let the rest of us order for crying out loud! Whatever happened to "you snooze, you lose"?

I can understand why are you are saying this - but obviously Nissan doesn't want to lose those people. They want to convert those reservations into orders ...
Nissan does not lose anyone. Just let the rest order already. The dealers can work on improving the conversion of those slow pokes on their own time.

The title says "September orders on hold until the 27th" ... so, where does the 27th fit in? The statement from Nissan, according to Campbell Nissan, is simply that Nissan will wait until more people request their quotes - that is an indeterminate time. So how do we know the dashboards will open up on the 27th? Source?

Also, I might add that the current conversation ratio of 50% is really a very high conversion ratio - I'm surprised Nissan would be disappointed by this.

johnr said:
Also, I might add that the current conversation ratio of 50% is really a very high conversion ratio - I'm surprised Nissan would be disappointed by this.

50% among people with possibly the highest interest is low ...

johnr said:
The title says "September orders on hold until the 27th" ... so, where does the 27th fit in? The statement from Nissan, according to Campbell Nissan, is simply that Nissan will wait until more people request their quotes - that is an indeterminate time. So how do we know the dashboards will open up on the 27th? Source?

Probably should read "at least until the 27th". Official line from Nissan is no new RAQ this week. Next Monday's communication for the coming week.....who knows yet.

leaffan said:
Whatever happened to "you snooze, you lose"?

The literal Japanese translation for "you snooze you lose" is "your sleeping habits may grossly and negatively affect your chances of victory; therefore, to be victorious, you must reduce rest periods. ", which doesn't really 'flow', does it?
:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are a substantial number of reservation holders who don't know they can order now. That may explain why the non-response rate is over 25%.
Reason #1: from what I am reading on the forum, those ordering did NOT get an e-mail as they were promised but discovered they could order by looking at their "dashboard." If I weren't reading this forum I wouldn't have known about the dashboard and would be waiting for an e-mail that might never come.
Reason #2: my guess is that most people aren't being contacted by any dealer because they didn't ever select a preferred dealer or give any the right to contact them. I think the default is no contact unless you opt in. The Nissan website does NOT make clear what you are supposed to do unless you dig for it. I didn't know I was supposed to click on My Account and choose a dealer until I read that here on this forum. I thought that was like any site from AOL to facebook where you just put in name and contact info, like email, and maybe you usually lie about some of it for privacy reasons, and then wait for them to email you. I have been getting the promo e-mails regularly, so I would definitely have expected to receive an email letting me know I can order. The same is true for knowing to check the dashboard; I learned about it here.
Reason #3: maybe I'm wrong and most of you who have ordered did receive the email relatively promptly, but I wouldn't be surprised if some others got those shunted to spam and never saw them. Nissan should really give the nearest dealer the right to call up the non-responders after a period (2 weeks, maybe?) and ask if they are still interested, no hard sell. If they aren't sure, leave them on the list, but some will say no, they already bought something else, etc. Take those folks off the list.
Reason #4: there are always some who just get on a reservation list to keep their options open, and were never committed to the car, or who now can't commit for financial reasons. They're probably undecided and aren't ready to request the $99 back, but want to wait for the Volt, or a test drive of the Leaf, or becoming re-employed, etc.

Xenalmorph said:
... and to think I speed typed my RAQ the second it arrived. Thats funny! I had no idea the order process could have been so care free.
That was my experience as well. Having the dealers bid against each other for our business was priceless. I hope they move to this on-line process for all their products in the future. I might but more new cars.

indyflick said:
Xenalmorph said:
... and to think I speed typed my RAQ the second it arrived. Thats funny! I had no idea the order process could have been so care free.
That was my experience as well. Having the dealers bid against each other for our business was priceless. I hope they move to this on-line process for all their products in the future. I might but more new cars.

I did everything but try to instigate a price war. That must have been fun to watch :twisted: . I totally thought it was a race to complete and get your Leaf order accepted (thats what the dealer told me on the phone when he submitted his offer)! I do understand how I felt before the eMail came. I was going nutz! Not even knowing when the eMail might come would give me a stroke.

Back