SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a video of the SOC gauge working? It would be great to show it at the SF BayLEAFs meeting on the 13th. Lots of us are interested in an accurate gauge--they say you can even see it notching up in regen mode.

Sorry, no video of the SOC-Meter yet.

I will try to post a picture or two, either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday.

It is possible that I could send a finished (and tested) SOC-Meter for a demo (and possible sale) at the SF meeting on the 13th. I would probably want a deposit.

See my web site in a few days (at www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/ ) for tentative prices. Add about $10 to $20 for non-refundable insured shipping.

PM if anybody "up North" is interested.

The SOC-Meter Kit is currently available, but I prefer to wait to send more Kits until I have gotten the Assembly Instructions somewhat more complete and carefully checked.

garygid said:
Sorry, no video of the SOC-Meter yet.

I will try to post a picture or two, either Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday.

It is possible that I could send a finished (and tested) SOC-Meter for a demo (and possible sale) at the SF meeting on the 13th. I would probably want a deposit.

See my web site in a few days (at http://www.wwwsite.com/puzzles/socmeter/ ) for tentative prices. Add about $10 to $20 for non-refundable insured shipping.

PM if anybody "up North" is interested.

The SOC-Meter Kit is currently available, but I prefer to wait to send more Kits until I have gotten the Assembly Instructions somewhat more complete and carefully checked.
I'd love to get one for the next SF BayLEAFs meeting. Please see my PM.

Cerritos Nissan has not yet responded about hosting our LEAF Gathering on Aug 13th.

So, we will plan to meet at the Cerritos Hometown Buffet unless things change significantly. Plan for charging accordingly.

Notice:
A Cluster meeting at HTB (on 17th in Santa Ana)
this coming Saturday morning (6 Aug) at 9 AM.

Maybe just to give an SOC Kit to Tom.
But, others are welcome.

Maybe an introductory Workshop on SOC Meter building.

I will attempt to be at HTB before 8:30 AM, and Tom intends to arrive about 9. I will stay as long as there is interest, up to about 11 or Noon.

I expect to have one Red and about 5 Blue Kits available at this Cluster-of-LEAFs.

I now have Boxes for the SOC-Meter Kit that have a "rectangular" (rounded corners with 1/8" radius) hole cut for the LED Display.

I will have some SOC-Meter Kits at this Saturday's LEAF-Cluster, and at our regular Gatherings.

If you want one fully built and tested, please PM me.

Where were the good pictures of the SOC meter from this last meeting (I think it was one in your car, Gary, maybe with a yellow display?). Was that in this thread or someplace else? Naomi wants to see what I'm going to end up with when this is built. :)

mwalsh said:
Where were the good pictures of the SOC meter from this last meeting (I think it was one in your car, Gary, maybe with a yellow display?). Was that in this thread or someplace else? Naomi wants to see what I'm going to end up with when this is built. :)

This page, mwalsh.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148&start=670

Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:

This page, mwalsh.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1148&start=670

Thanks. But I'm pretty sure there was a newer one where there were no hairy legs in evidence. Maybe it was from down at a San Diego meetup?

Edit: Yep, it was SD:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4289&start=26

Can anyone confirm if the 6 recently installed EV charging stations at Pechanga Resort are compatible with the LEAF? I've been told by Pechanga folks that they are "universal chargers" and either 110 or 240 VAC, depending on who I talk to (i.e. they do not know). I'm debating whether I can take my LEAF there for a day trip to watch Russell Peters the comedian next week. It's 66 miles each way so will need to recharge there.

Postscript: It turns out Pechanga's "EV charging stations" are standard 110 volt outlets, aarrgghhh! So I ended up charging my LEAF at the local Nissan dealer and spending $50 on taxi rides. At least I won at blackjack to pay for taxi fare (and the 10 comedy show tickets I went to buy)! Green karma comes through!

garygid said:
Notice:
A Cluster meeting at HTB (on 17th in Santa Ana)
this coming Saturday morning (6 Aug) at 9 AM.

Maybe just to give an SOC Kit to Tom.
But, others are welcome.

Maybe an introductory Workshop on SOC Meter building.

I'll be there, just to hang with you wild and crazy guys! :)

LastEmp said:
Can anyone confirm if the 6 recently installed EV charging stations at Pechanga Resort are compatible with the LEAF? I've been told by Pechanga folks that they are "universal chargers" and either 110 or 240 VAC, depending on who I talk to (i.e. they do not know). I'm debating whether I can take my LEAF there for a day trip to watch Russell Peters the comedian next week. It's 66 miles each way so will need to recharge there.

Apparently not Chargepoint Network. Nor listed on Plug Share or Blink's network map. Sorry I can't help more.

Back