SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday morning June 1 breakfast potluck at my house in Irvine, information is now updated a few posts up from this one.

Others are welcome to join us, even if this is your first time. We have a solar rooftop that I'll be happy to discuss, a TED energy monitoring system and a hard wired Aerovironment/Nissan 30 Amp EVSE in the garage in case you are interested in seeing any of that. If interested, speak up on this thread and I'll send you address by private message.

I will bring Android and ELM327-like devices, for use with
the evolving LEAF Battery App, v25 is the latest version.

We might have an Android use or App training/workshop if
there is the interest, and Phil is willing.

My "food" is muffins (hopefully blueberry) and chocolate milk...
with cheese or chocolate cake or other to be determined today.

dcpatters said:
Phil, I will bring Bagels and cream cheese. Put me down for 1 attending.

Great, you'll be welcome. Sparky spoke up for bagels, etc, last night. Maybe you could bring some fruit salad, melon or something else?

How many people do you expect at this point? Trying to figure out how much to bring,

Boomer23 said:
dcpatters said:

Great, you'll be welcome. Sparky spoke up for bagels, etc, last night. Maybe you could bring some fruit salad, melon or something else?

Boomer23 said:

OK, fruit salad. We still need hash browns? If so, I can bring those too.

dcpatters said:
Boomer23 said:

OK, fruit salad. We still need hash browns? If so, I can bring those too.

That sounds good. We'll have potato pancakes as well, but some will prefer hash browns, I would think.

I'll send you a PM with address, phone.

91040 said:
How many people do you expect at this point? Trying to figure out how much to bring,

Boomer23 said:
dcpatters said:

I'm counting 17 at this point.

EDIT: I expect that there'll be lots of food, so you don't have to bring enough for a full serving for everyone, maye a half serving each.

For Saturday morning, do we have some members who eat eggs but not meat? I'm mulling baked egg casseroles, and some have ham or sausage, others don't. Any preferences?

You are not a full service restaurant. Just try to make sure there are enough options so there is something for most preferences. I eat meat but prefer vegetarian to vegan. I will bring fruit and cheese pastries.

Worse comes to worse someone can run to a store or restaurant. Any around there? :lol:

For the Saturday, June 1 potluck, arrive any time after 0800 and we'll party as late as you'd like, but noon-ish is the usual time when people start to "disassemble", so to speak. :lol:

Wow, you are starting your fourth year already? That's awesome!! Congratulations!!
(As you can tell, I haven't been in the forum for a while.)
We'll be doing a seat heater installation party here on Saturday, but we'll take out a minute and raise a glass of juice (or cup of coffee) to our colleagues down in SoCal.
Terrific!!

gascant said:
Wow, you are starting your fourth year already? That's awesome!! Congratulations!!
(As you can tell, I haven't been in the forum for a while.)
We'll be doing a seat heater installation party here on Saturday, but we'll take out a minute and raise a glass of juice (or cup of coffee) to our colleagues down in SoCal.
Terrific!!

Thanks, Howard, much appreciated. Good luck on your seat warmer project.

Twelve hours til Breakfast at Boomer's. Hey, we should make a movie out of this!

Still room for last minute joiners. Send me a PM if you decide you want to come.

Got the plates and juices, also bringing some other goodies including: a leaf battery module (seprate from the 48 in my car) and Brusa charger (not installed). :)

OK, hunger and sin got the best of me, so the muffins and chocolate milk
will join a brick of Tillamook pepper jack cheese (with an ost-hovel, which
is a cheese-slicer type draw-knife thingy), and the... Death-by-Chocolate cake. :eek:

I certainly enjoy eggy things, and I will probably add a slice or two of the
sinful cheese to eggs, or other yummy things.

Nancy and I plan to see you tomorrow, shortly after 8. :D :D

garygid said:
is a cheese-slicer type draw-knife thingy), and the... Death-by-Chocolate cake. :eek:

An ost-hovel? Is that android-compatible?

I'm calling in sick for today's gathering. My car is sick, too, as it's been in the shop for two weeks now with a communication error between the Toyota computer and the Tesla one (the gateway computer). I've been burning oil that whole time.

Hopefully, next time. It sounds like a great bunch.

Tony

garygid said:

What, no peanut butter covered waffles? :lol: Hope you all are enjoying yourselves. Sorry to miss it. We are at Camp Richardson in Tahoe for Mom's 88th.

Kat,
I got the news of your recent downfalling, and wish you the best
on your upcoming internal revamp. So sorry for your pain.

We had a great time at Boomer's home today, and thought
of you, hoping that you will be able to join us in the future.

Our prayers for you and your caretakers.
Love, Gary

I did bring some Peanut Butter, just in case! :D

Back