The colors suck.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SilverLeaf said:
The LEAF, the JUKE and the MURANO will all be available in Cayenne Red for the 2011 model year.

Really hard to tell on the computer, but the Cayenne Red does look good. I'm just hoping it's not the CHP's favorite color as well! My 4 year daughter really wants me to order the red one (who knows, it might be hers someday!). Only 8 more days to decide!!

SilverLeaf said:
I am ordering the Cayenne Red, and it is a new color for 2011 models. The only place you can see it in person is on the 2011 Murano, which is due in showrooms in September. I order my LEAF in September, so I guess I don't see it in person until after the order. That said, there are lots and lots of pictures on the web that show the color in lots and lots of conditions (bright light, dim light, full sun, shadow, etc). I am quite certain I will be quite happy with this color when it arrives.

I would like some more info on the tinting that comes with the LEAF. Will the vehicle come with sufficient window tinting as standard equipment, or will there be tinting options from the dealer and elsewhere. This vehicle I want to be as efficiently tinted as is possible and legal.

I am also trying to decide color. Can you provide links to show the new red?

TimeHorse said:
Count me in there. My cars have been a brown hand-me-down (blech), a teal-green and a forest green color. I want green! What's the best way to contact Nissan about this?

I just got on Nissan USA's website and used their "contact us" feature.

http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus

For what it's worth, they replied each time saying that they would take it into consideration (and I actually wrote them back a couple of times to provide more information about the make and model of the car on which I saw the color and the specific color name.) Even if they don't want to commit to an additional color for the long term it shouldn't take too much to add a limited-edition color for the first year. Keep your fingers crossed!

Ready2plugin said:
Okay the car is called the Leaf right? So why no green?? Or Autumn colors? Spring Leaf, Summer Leaf, Autumn Leaf....could be good marketing. I have the "Silver Leaf" on order....just doesn't have a good "ring" to it.

Having seasonal colors to encourage folks to buy year-round would be an awesome idea! Even their Espresso Black could pass for a moderately attractive brown for winter colors. How cool would that be?

So I sent another note off to Nissan USA customer service about the colors. I made a point of requesting colors that I could find in other current Nissan models in the hopes that it would be more reasonable to do so. Here's what I wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, one more reply concerning color. Thanks for bearing with me.

I have in the past few weeks joined a LEAF forum online. In browsing the various threads and comments, I came upon a very long thread entitled "The colors suck." In it, I found that a number of users shared similar views concerning the current color options. A number of users expressed interest in green, as well as a few less common colors such as yellow. I understand that the current colors you offer are safe bets as far as having broad appeal, but many of us like the idea of being able to buy the LEAF in actual shades of leaflike colors. Among the colors that I see that are currently offered by Nissan, the following would potentially have broad thematic appeal as LEAF colors:
- Mystic Jade (available for the Maxima) - spring leaf color
- Moss Green (available for the Cube) - summer leaf color
- Lava Red (available for certain versions of the Sentra) - fall leaf color
- Tinted Bronze (available for the Murano) - fall/winter leaf color
- Espresso Black (available for the Versa and Sentra) - winter leaf color

I understand that it is very close to the time when the final colors and such will be announced, but please consider the possibility of allowing custom color requests. I would definitely consider paying several hundred dollars extra for one of the above colors because it would still cost less than having the car repainted once we buy it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given that this is my fourth color-related e-mail, I'm sure that they are getting tired of hearing from me, but it'll all be worth it if I can get a LEAF in a color that isn't the visual equivalent of rice crackers. :mrgreen:

I just went to a local dealership and found a 2010 Murano in Glacier Pearl. Wow! It isn't white at all, more of a light cream color with a metallic/flaky finish. Some angles showed a silvery-like color look, but the 'flakes/pearl essence' in the paint look really nice! They show up much better in the sun though. I'm thinking about switching from Ocean Blue to GP now. :D

I really like the Tinted Bronze.

Yami1975 said:
I have in the past few weeks joined a LEAF forum online. In browsing the various threads and comments, I came upon a very long thread entitled "The colors suck." In it, I found that a number of users shared similar views concerning the current color options. A number of users expressed interest in green, as well as a few less common colors such as yellow. I understand that the current colors you offer are safe bets as far as having broad appeal, but many of us like the idea of being able to buy the LEAF in actual shades of leaflike colors. Among the colors that I see that are currently offered by Nissan, the following would potentially have broad thematic appeal as LEAF colors:
- Mystic Jade (available for the Maxima) - spring leaf color
- Moss Green (available for the Cube) - summer leaf color
- Lava Red (available for certain versions of the Sentra) - fall leaf color
- Tinted Bronze (available for the Murano) - fall/winter leaf color
- Espresso Black (available for the Versa and Sentra) - winter leaf color

leaffan said:
I just went to a local dealership and found a 2010 Murano in Glacier Pearl. Wow! It isn't white at all, more of a light cream color with a metallic/flaky finish. Some angles showed a silvery-like color look, but the 'flakes/pearl essence' in the paint look really nice! They show up much better in the sun though. I'm thinking about switching from Ocean Blue to GP now. :D

I did the same thing this past weekend... went and looked at a new Murano to see the Glacier Pearl color. I changed my mind to it and ordered accordingly today.

LBCev said:
My daily Google search for LEAF related news turned up a photo of the LEAF in red. It looks really great in the photo.

http://www.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/Index

Not for me ....

2011NissanLeafx-large.jpg

I would have loved an "emerald green" option, but went with the Glacier Pearl, since we are already getting the Chevy Volt in red....

George Parrott
W. Sacramento, CA.

GeorgeParrott said:
I would have loved an "emerald green" option, but went with the Glacier Pearl, since we are already getting the Chevy Volt in red....

George Parrott
W. Sacramento, CA.

Have you seen the Glacier Pearl yet George? It definitely isn't white. I have a photo of a Glacier Pearl LEAF on my desktop, but I don't know how to copy it and put it on here. I loved it though when I saw the color on a Murano.

leaffan said:
Have you seen the Glacier Pearl yet George? It definitely isn't white. I have a photo of a Glacier Pearl LEAF on my desktop, but I don't know how to copy it and put it on here. I loved it though when I saw the color on a Murano.

Upload the photo onto some place like imageshack.us and post the link here.

evnow said:
leaffan said:

Upload the photo onto some place like imageshack.us and post the link here.

Thanks evnow! I'll try that.

Please let me know if this works:

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/leafwhite31122011leafgl.jpg

Gonewild gave me the Glacier Pearl LEAF. :)

Back