The Leaf orphan thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ENIAC I would seriously print that screen shot and any other information you have about this. Lawyers live for this kind of stuff!

ENIAC said:
Gonewild said:
Is that really your VIN?

I would call Nissan for sure. What miss take is the dealer telling you other then the date you where to get the car is latter then now.

What does your dash say?
Yes it's my VIN and the description is verbatim, it's my car! My dashboard says week of Jan 13, 2011. I think Connell has delivery issues with my LEAF and one or two others. There is some sort of repair being done on the LEAFs at the port. But I will get to the bottom of this because I'm beginning to think maybe my LEAF was used in a bait and switch scam.

It looks like Connell has actually already delivered two Leafs to two of our forumites - and I don't recall hearing of any issues. There may be a few plausible explanations - maybe very few! I have come across dealers who have web people that have access to the order computers and they just post the new vehicles as they hit the computer. The sales manager never is in the process. I've actually had it happen twice at two different dealers. The sales manager may also not be able to pull the web listing - as the web company might do all of the web work. Anyway - it may be somewhat innocent.

Whatever the case - I hope you find the car all shiny and new and completely untouched! (And thinking about it - if you can log into your Carwings, you could see if it's been driven, no?)

How does it go? Oh yeah:

“That’s a good thing for us. Instead of selling at MSRP, we mark it up and we’re going to sell it for whoever pays the most for it. We have a long list of people willing to pay way over MSRP.”
“You can call it gouging, but it’s the way the world works. It’s called capitalism and I am a capitalist”

Or was that Santa Monica..

TRONZ said:
ENIAC I would seriously print that screen shot and any other information you have about this. Lawyers live for this kind of stuff!

I don't think so. I wouldn't go off the deep end. There hasn't been an harm done if the car hasn't been sold or used for joy rides.

We did a cash-for-clunkers and our clunker ended up being listed on the dealers website for about a week - even though they had the thing on the back of the lot surrounded by the other clunkers. Don't believe they really were trying to sell it as they had filed the C4C paperwork. I assume it was just a web snafu from that dealer's web company.

LakeLeaf said:
ENIAC said:
Gonewild said:
Is that really your VIN?

I would call Nissan for sure. What miss take is the dealer telling you other then the date you where to get the car is latter then now.

What does your dash say?
Yes it's my VIN and the description is verbatim, it's my car! My dashboard says week of Jan 13, 2011. I think Connell has delivery issues with my LEAF and one or two others. There is some sort of repair being done on the LEAFs at the port. But I will get to the bottom of this because I'm beginning to think maybe my LEAF was used in a bait and switch scam.

It looks like Connell has actually already delivered two Leafs to two of our forumites - and I don't recall hearing of any issues. There may be a few plausible explanations - maybe very few! I have come across dealers who have web people that have access to the order computers and they just post the new vehicles as they hit the computer. The sales manager never is in the process. I've actually had it happen twice at two different dealers. The sales manager may also not be able to pull the web listing - as the web company might do all of the web work. Anyway - it may be somewhat innocent.

Whatever the case - I hope you find the car all shiny and new and completely untouched! (And thinking about it - if you can log into your Carwings, you could see if it's been driven, no?)

I'm with Connell and I've been treated well so far. I have no reason to suspect them of anything underhanded.

mwalsh's LEAF was also posted for sale by Connell;

This is Google's cache of http://www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb5050a0a0065011803fbf613c4a1.htm. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Dec 30, 2010 08:01:16 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime:

Retail Value $35,410 ePrice $35,410 Bodystyle4 door HB SL TransmissionAutomatic Ext. ColorBlue Ocean Int. ColorLight Grey Stock Number1000213 VinJN1AZ0CP5BT000213 Model Code17211

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:I70Pqo4hfFQJ:www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb5050a0a0065011803fbf613c4a1.htm+nissan+leaf+for+sale+connell+nissan.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sounds like some bugs in the system yet to work out. Hope they make it right for you ENIAC.

LakeLeaf said:
I don't think so. I wouldn't go off the deep end. There hasn't been an harm done if the car hasn't been sold or used for joy rides.
Yeah, this is one of those "no harm no foul" situations. Ordinarily the real customer would never know about the fake sale and the dealer ends up with a bunch of leads. Hard to see any legal harm. Sometimes you have to shake you head. But it could be worse. Direct marketers have been known to sell products they haven't made yet. If demand is great enough they make the product. If it's not they don't process the orders.

KeiJidosha said:
mwalsh's LEAF was also posted for sale by Connell;

This is Google's cache of http://www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb5050a0a0065011803fbf613c4a1.htm. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Dec 30, 2010 08:01:16 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime:

Retail Value $35,410 ePrice $35,410 Bodystyle4 door HB SL TransmissionAutomatic Ext. ColorBlue Ocean Int. ColorLight Grey Stock Number1000213 VinJN1AZ0CP5BT000213 Model Code17211

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:I70Pqo4hfFQJ:www.connellnissan.com/new/Nissan/2011-Nissan-Leaf-d04eb5050a0a0065011803fbf613c4a1.htm+nissan+leaf+for+sale+connell+nissan.&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Sounds like some bugs in the system yet to work out. Hope they make it right for you ENIAC.
Wow! How did you find that? Actually it makes me feel a bit better. I'm not be singled out but rather part of a larger conspiracy! :lol:

BTW - Due to the recent direct contacts I have had with Nissan (regarding our dashboard problem), the "orphan" issue has come up. Nissan was very interested in what Connell was doing as of this morning... and not in a good way.

More likely, they have some automatic system that posts each incoming car on their web site as "for sale", whether it was a customer order or not.

Not saying it's excusable, but if they're just collecting leads on auto-pilot, that's not as bad as actually making the car available.

#213 is mwalsh's blue LEAF that he bought on Wednesday morning. So, it did get sold.

Yes, it looks like each arriving car makes it to "for sale inventory" on the Internet. Technically, it was not yet sold, I guess. However, it seems like Connell's system should be modified to treat "on-hold" cars differently.

GroundLoop said:
More likely, they have some automatic system that posts each incoming car on their web site as "for sale", whether it was a customer order or not.

Not saying it's excusable, but if they're just collecting leads on auto-pilot, that's not as bad as actually making the car available.
Perhaps, but in this case the LEAF wasn't incoming and is still not there.

TRONZ said:
BTW - Due to the recent direct contacts I have had with Nissan (regarding our dashboard problem), the "orphan" issue has come up. Nissan was very interested in what Connell was doing as of this morning... and not in a good way.
I had a long conversation with Nissan this morning about the situation. After I finished telling the CSR what happened he immediately established a 3-way conference call with Connell, and not in a good way. I see the ad for my car has been taken down.

smkettner said:
How hard is it to filter out the Leafs? Give me a break Connell :roll:
This is why I chose Fontana
Whoops, looks like Fontana has the same issue. The two LEAFs that came in on the truck are vin #182 (white, Skywagon's) and vin #226 (red malloryk's).

http://www.fontananissan.com/vehicle/new/121667-JN1AZ0CP9BT000182/2011-Nissan-LEAF.htm
http://www.fontananissan.com/vehicle/new/121668-JN1AZ0CP3BT000226/2011-Nissan-LEAF.htm

So it must be part of their automatic inventory system. I see it as a positive - makes it very easy to see what cars have shown up at a dealer!

drees said:
smkettner said:
Whoops, looks like Fontana has the same issue. The two LEAFs that came in on the truck are vin #182 (white, Skywagon's) and vin #226 (red malloryk's).

http://www.fontananissan.com/vehicle/new/121667-JN1AZ0CP9BT000182/2011-Nissan-LEAF.htm
http://www.fontananissan.com/vehicle/new/121668-JN1AZ0CP3BT000226/2011-Nissan-LEAF.htm

So it must be part of their automatic inventory system. I see it as a positive - makes it very easy to see what cars have shown up at a dealer!

Maybe I should take the note below the MSRP and call for a bottom line price on my own car... haha.

drees said:
smkettner said:
Oops, looks like Fontana's going to get a call, and not in a good way!

Back