Thu Aug 30th i-MiEV focus group; me going...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimSouCal

Well, tomorrow afternoon I am looking forward to participating in an i-MiEV focus group. They are looking to see why I did not buy one (even after ordering one)... An i-MiEV that is... It did not help that I live near the coast in the Los Angeles Area, and the closet dealer was in Glendale--practically the other side of the world for me...

Meanwhile, I really love my 20LEAF, with leather after market upgrade and ceramic window tint.

Surely they will be probing my thoughts about what is desirable in an EV, etc. Should be fun. I am ready for a reasonably priced high performance EV to replace my Porsche.

Anybody want to contaminate my mind with thoughts that are not my own ? ;-)

Tell them not to give up. I may well jump ship when my lease runs out in 20 months. I really think the "i" is the car I wanted all along. I took the LEAF only because it was available much sooner. (I average 20 miles/day, rarely have more than 1 passenger, actively dislike a lot of the high tech stuff.)

Ray

planet4ever said:
Tell them not to give up. I may well jump ship when my lease runs out in 20 months. I really think the "i" is the car I wanted all along. I took the LEAF only because it was available much sooner. (I average 20 miles/day, rarely have more than 1 passenger, actively dislike a lot of the high tech stuff.)

Ray
I don't think they will give up but feel the same--they should stay in the game. My needs would have also been met by their short range car, but it is pretty small feeling...

ahagge said:
Are you willing to try to pump them for some information regarding the 2014 Outlander PHEV? That's the one that I'm looking longingly at...

Interior dimensions and ground clearance would be perfect! :D
Usually the client sits in the wizard of oz chair observing, but if they come out and say hi, why not?

Whether car companies realize it or not, EV is the future of most private autos. (That is assuming the rapid change in pH of the oceans due to dissolving CO2 doesn't cause the plankton food web to collapse and render us human into evolutionary obscurity but that's another story).

they will probably figure it out when the cheaper LEAF is introduced, but they need to lower their pricing by $3-5,000. the lower range, smaller vehicle cannot sell if only a few thousand less than a LEAF.

Well, we do not yet know as a fact that a cheaper Leaf WILL be introduced... It is all unsubstantiated rumor at this point.

DaveinOlyWA said:
they will probably figure it out when the cheaper LEAF is introduced, but they need to lower their pricing by $3-5,000. the lower range, smaller vehicle cannot sell if only a few thousand less than a LEAF.

TomT said:
Well, we do not yet know as a fact that a cheaper Leaf WILL be introduced... It is all unsubstantiated rumor at this point.

DaveinOlyWA said:

Maybe there will be a cheaper LEAF and a more expensive one too? Anyway, I am about 3.5 hours away from leaving for the focus group.

TomT said:

DaveinOlyWA said:

dolph!!! oh should have known. most of everything you read about EVs is. its either overblown hype or mis direction from other energy concerns

I went to the meeting too! It was a very interesting, mixed group of guys. No women participants, not by design. Apparently everyone was male that signed up and cancelled their deposits. No surprise, the number one complaint by everyone there was the iMiev's lack of range.

Back