Touch OK to accept

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that lawyers thought this one up. I have represented consumers and injured victims against corporate America for 30 years; have served for nearly 20 years on the board of directors of one of the leading associations of trial lawyers; and can tell you all with certainty that we are being unfairly blamed for a lot of nonsense like this.

N1ghtrider said:
I doubt that lawyers thought this one up. I have represented consumers and injured victims against corporate America for 30 years; have served for nearly 20 years on the board of directors of one of the leading associations of trial lawyers; and can tell you all with certainty that we are being unfairly blamed for a lot of nonsense like this.
OK, then, what's your theory? It certainly wouldn't have been ergonomics folks, or efficiency experts. Maybe some programmer who felt he just had to slip in one more popup to be cute?

Ray

[No OK on my car since my wife "accidentally" touched it last October.]

FYI, anyone with an interest in removing the OK button may find this new thread interesting. But, please, let's not be rowdy and scare off the Ingineer...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Got an email from Ecotality/Blink today wondering why they're not getting tracking information from my vehicle.

"Is CARWINGS Activated In Your LEAF?

As the owner of a Nissan LEAF, you’re probably familiar with the CARWINGS™ system that comes with your vehicle. CARWINGS enables you to track energy usage, see your estimated driving range, remotely connect to your vehicle, and much more.

It was recently identified that many LEAF vehicles that had been providing data to the EV Project have for some reason stopped providing that data. The reason this occurred is unclear but in any event, we are emailing you because your Leaf is one of those vehicles.

We ask for your support to follow these simple steps to get your CARWINGS account and data transmission up and running again:
Make sure you are enrolled on LEAF owner portal at the Nissan website.
In your Leaf, make sure CARWINGS signal strength icon is OK on the Nissan Navigation System.
Not Acceptable: OK:

Make sure you have signed in with PIN and password on the Navigation System a. Confirm this is successful by logging back in to the LEAF owner portal at the Nissan website and confirming the battery status reports successfully.
In your Leaf, make sure “information sharing with Nissan” setting is ON
Make sure “service reminders” setting is ON – This is the most common issue
Make sure you are pressing OK on pop up at each ignition on (first ignition on of the day most important because that is when data is uploaded).
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your Nissan dealer or to call the Nissan Contact Center at 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738)."

My email reply:
"Maybe you can lobby Nissan to get rid of the pesky permission screen. Or at least let me 'accept' for longer than one day."

It is my recollection that you had to agree to provide the information in order to be part of the project that provided the free EVSE. Indeed, that is one of the reasons I decided against participating, and got an EVSEupgrade instead.

Ray

planet4ever said:
It is my recollection that you had to agree to provide the information in order to be part of the project that provided the free EVSE. Indeed, that is one of the reasons I decided against participating, and got an EVSEupgrade instead.

Ray
That was always my understanding as well. I always punch "OK" as that was the deal.

GeorgeH said:
Got an email from Ecotality/Blink today wondering why they're not getting tracking information from my vehicle.

"Is CARWINGS Activated In Your LEAF?

Make sure you are pressing OK on pop up at each ignition on (first ignition on of the day most important because that is when data is uploaded).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your Nissan dealer or to call the Nissan Contact Center at 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738)."

My email reply:
"Maybe you can lobby Nissan to get rid of the pesky permission screen. Or at least let me 'accept' for longer than one day."
Ecotality contacted you? Methinks that we might be able to get Ecotality to pressure Nissan to change that permission from "ask on every start" to a menu option.

In my car, that menu pops on with EVERY start-up, not the first start-up each day.

This whole press ok to accept is silly. Andy in the most recent video with Chelsea said it was a privacy thing and the lawyers wanted it. I don't get it. I (michael) setup the account for carwings, and I agreed to collect the data. If I agreed to collect data on my car, why do I have to accept every time I start it up? I agreed that my cars data should be collected. Someone said it is to make sure you continue to agree to collect data about yourself, but that is fine for when I drive the car, but what about when my wife or my parents use my car. Now they get into my car and then they say it is ok to send data about the way they are driving to an account that is in my name. How is that my data? It is not my data, it is data about the car, and I agreed to collect data about the car, so there is no reason to ask every driver to press ok every time they start the car. Why would you ask them if you want to collect data about their drive if you do not even know who is driving the car? It is not about the privacy of the drivers data because you have no record of who the driver is, and you are, at that point, recording data about the driver and putting that data into someone elses database. Clearly the data is about the car and not the driver, and if the owner said it is ok to collect data about my car then you don't have to keep asking!

Better of advising people not the buy the car until Nissan gets a clue and enters the 21st century. Their Carwings app is just as bad: Am I sure I want an update on the car status? Click Ok for that. Well gee why on earth would I have opened the Carwings app if I didnt want an unpdate on the car status? Did they think I opened the app to watch a video? :)

It's just basic user interface design incompetence...

OK button??

i look forward to pushing it every day.
if find it way way way less annoying than the back-up mode blackout of radio switching.

I mean, doesn't Nissan know that I want to adjust the radio while backing out of my driveway and multi-tasking while I ensure I am not running over stray cats, the neighbor's dog or the peeping toms next door.

I got a survey from Nissan and made sure to include this in nearly every comment box. That along with requesting an optional battery warranty that covers degradation. They are, IMO, the simplest improvements Nissan could make to the LEAF.

N1ghtrider said:

no doubt.
in many ways, trial lawyers are the only bulwark we have against corporate criminals and the idea that corporate corner cutting is good for the bottom line.

Yesterday I drove some guys to lunch. One of them asks me "you have to do that every time?"

Embarrassing.

Hey Nissan!!! Fix this damn thing.

Remember, you don't have to touch OK. Just hit the Map or CarWings button and choose a different screen—the OK screen goes away.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Yesterday I drove some guys to lunch. One of them asks me "you have to do that every time?"

Embarrassing.

Hey Nissan!!! Fix this damn thing.

But also know, for those who are interested in Carwings data, that it will never be sent if one does that...

Personally, if you are going to have to hit something anyway, why not make it "OK..."

saywatt said:
Remember, you don't have to touch OK. Just hit the Map or CarWings button and choose a different screen—the OK screen goes away.

TomT said:
Personally, if you are going to have to hit something anyway, why not make it "OK..."
Because then all you see is a stupid map of the area around your home or your workplace. Who needs a map of those locations? I want to see the energy screen. My wife wants to see the XM radio screen. We manage to work that out between the two of us, but neither of us want to look at a map.

Ray

Sorry, but I think you just made a case for my argument for hitting the OK button on the screen...

planet4ever said:
TomT said:
Personally, if you are going to have to hit something anyway, why not make it the "OK..."
Because then all you see is a stupid map of the area around your home or your workplace. Who needs a map of those locations? I want to see the energy screen. My wife wants to see the XM radio screen. We manage to work that out between the two of us, but neither of us want to look at a map.
Ray

thankyouOB said:
N1ghtrider said:

no doubt.
in many ways, trial lawyers are the only bulwark we have against corporate criminals and the idea that corporate corner cutting is good for the bottom line.

Why else would Nissan do it unless they are afraid of lawsuits? I'd rather take my chances with "corporate criminals" :!:

TomT said:
planet4ever said:
TomT said:
Personally, if you are going to have to hit something anyway, why not make it the "OK..."
Sorry, but I think you just made a case for my argument for hitting the OK button on the screen...
Explain, please? Surely it makes more sense that if you hit something you would like it to give you what you want to see.

Ray

Back