Touch OK to accept

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just a case of poor, outdated software design - not legal matters. Even the Nissan smartphone app has the exact same issue - and that can't possibly be blamed on lawyers/feat of car accidents, because the use case is sitting on your couch at home!

You have to understand that many of the people designing electronic products in the established companies in the far east are just simply out of date. I am reminded of it every time I use an AV receiver, which interface-wise is like stepping back 20 years in time. Its this type of folks that are in charge of products like Carwings.

When I first got my 13 SV.. It never asked me to hit ok.. at all.. It'd display the 'disclaimer' and then disappear.. it wasn't until I unhooked the 12v battery to tie into the IDPM for my driving lights, that the nag began after rehookup... The screen says 'this will reappear every 30 days'.. apparently every 30 days is more like every time I 'start' the car... I dont' care if they collect. Give me the damn "I accept indefinately" button. :p

My '13 SV asked me to click OK on the first day (6 weeks ago) and again a couple weeks ago, otherwise, it's working okay. Disconnecting the battery shouldn't mess it up - I'd recommend calling the dealer to fix it. Good luck!

Why you're pressing "OK". Red indicates a journey mapped from Carwings data. Clearly a lot of folks in the mid-west have still got to get with the program (nothing new there! :? )

The second picture focuses on LA data for the graphic, but shows numbers from the 75,000 LEAFs sold globally.

Attachments

• Img_7721.jpg
    Img_7721.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Img_7720.jpg
    Img_7720.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 73
mwalsh said:
Why you're pressing "OK". Red indicates a journey mapped from Carwings data. Clearly a lot of folks in the mid-west have still got to get with the program (nothing new there! :? )

The second picture focuses on LA data for the graphic, but shows numbers from the 75,000 LEAFs sold globally.

This is awesome!! Available on the web somewhere?

J.

sorphin said:
When I first got my 13 SV.. It never asked me to hit ok.. at all.. It'd display the 'disclaimer' and then disappear.. it wasn't until I unhooked the 12v battery to tie into the IDPM for my driving lights, that the nag began after rehookup... The screen says 'this will reappear every 30 days'.. apparently every 30 days is more like every time I 'start' the car... I dont' care if they collect. Give me the damn "I accept indefinately" button. :p
There is a setting where you can enable the 30 day option. It must have reset when disconnecting the 12V. It is the last menu item in the Carwings Settings. It is called something like Vehicle Data Transmission Sending. Once you agree to it there you should be good.

mwalsh said:
Clearly a lot of folks in the mid-west have still got to get with the program (nothing new there! :? )

You should remember that the mid-West does not have the population that the coasts have. In Colorado, we have a $6K state rebate that is the best in the country. That map looks about like things look from outer space at night, i.e., correlates well to the population density.

It could be worse... My MINI made you do it _every_ time you got in the car, because of the NAV.

mwalsh said:

Source?

saywatt said:
Remember, you don't have to touch OK. Just hit the Map or CarWings button and choose a different screen—the OK screen goes away.
TomT said:
But also know, for those who are interested in Carwings data, that it will never be sent if one does that...

Personally, if you are going to have to hit something anyway, why not make it "OK..."
Not that Carwings is ever current or reliable.

I find it frequently is 3 or more days late... if its working at all.

Ogi said:
It's just a case of poor, outdated software design - not legal matters. Even the Nissan smartphone app has the exact same issue - and that can't possibly be blamed on lawyers/feat of car accidents, because the use case is sitting on your couch at home!

You have to understand that many of the people designing electronic products in the established companies in the far east are just simply out of date. I am reminded of it every time I use an AV receiver, which interface-wise is like stepping back 20 years in time. Its this type of folks that are in charge of products like Carwings.
Its not a software design issue. Developers just want things to work, and work well. Given their d'ruthers, they'd eliminate the question altogether. Or make it a menu option somewhere in settings.

No, this is driven by lawyers.... They are the only ones who would desire this "in your face with every start" question. I can't think of any other group that would want this.

Hello!
This is my solution for annoying OK button confirmation ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke671I310PA[/youtube]
is my solution for this annoying OK button ;)

Back