(Un)Official Mitsubishi (Cypress, CA) L3 Scheduling Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stopped by about 10:30pm on 6/16 and was unable to get the Eaton to start. There appeared to be a problem with the sync or setup. Tried 5 times from "step 1" with no success.

While I was charging slowly on L2 from the A/V EVSE, a security guard strolled by, and said he'd seen another car earlier using the L2 (he had no idea whether they'd tried the QC). I told him of my problem and suggested he ask them to check the Eaton on Monday.

EricH is right. I stopped by today at 9:30a today (6/17/2012) and tried fruitlessly to get the L3 Eaton to work. It kept giving me "connection error." My first attempt at L3 and it was a complete failure. :cry: I had to limp my way to a L2 charger a few miles from my destination.

If anyone stops by and can get it to work, please post back here. I'll be stopping by on Tuesday morning to try again. Hopefully it'll be fixed by then!

Maybe the SAE WAS right... :lol:

In any event, it'll likely be a bot before it can be repaired...

grommet said:
Friend dropped by here, and failed... he told me the Yazaki CHAdeMO connector was damaged. Another one bites the dust...

There are better CHAdeMO connectors than Yazaki's. They aren't the only game in town, and even they'll be replacing their design sometime next year.

mwalsh said:
QC is back in business again, according to a Plugshare user as of yesterday. Same user asks that we be super careful with the Yazaki, which I obviously second. If in doubt, print the instructions that Gary wrote up.
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it already but maybe someone with a laminator could print and laminate the instructions and tape them to the QC unit next time they're in Cypress?

Devin said:
mwalsh said:
QC is back in business again, according to a Plugshare user as of yesterday. Same user asks that we be super careful with the Yazaki, which I obviously second. If in doubt, print the instructions that Gary wrote up.
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it already but maybe someone with a laminator could print and laminate the instructions and tape them to the QC unit next time they're in Cypress?
A good idea, but I suggest we get Mitsubishi's permission first.

Several of us are planning to use the L3 between 2 and 3 pm this Saturday, June 30. I would appreciate anyone else's report verifying that the L3 is back in full unrestricted operation. I commend Mitsubishi for keeping this running.

We would like to carpool from this location. Does anyone have experience/suggestions for parking for a few hours on Saturday ?

As of Tuesday night, 7/2, the QC unit is still out of order.

Also, signs are posted announcing that the parking lot will not be available to the public between 5pm, Wednesday, July 11 and 7am, Monday, July 16. This is due to some event. Consequently, charging will not be available.

Clearly, the Mit QC is not anything you would regularly or way in advance want to plan on... But then, since it is for their use and not ours, and they are being kind enough to let non Mit cars use it, we can't exactly be too upset by that. Of course, the track record of other QCs that ARE supposed to be for public consumption is not any better...

91040 said:
As of Tuesday night, 7/2, the QC unit is still out of order.
Also, signs are posted announcing that the parking lot will not be available to the public between 5pm, Wednesday, July 11 and 7am, Monday, July 16. This is due to some event. Consequently, charging will not be available.

Just went there today (Aug 12, 2012) and the fast charge is still down.
The plug box is locked and the LED shows Out of Order when pressing Start.
I was looking forward to use the Quick Charge for the first time, but guess I still can't.

Back