(Un)Official Mitsubishi (Cypress, CA) L3 Scheduling Thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With national Plug-In day fast approaching this month - and the event taking place at that very Mitsu headquarters, It'd be bad form for the only working/available Chademo south of L.A. County to not be up and running.
;)

hill said:
With national Plug-In day fast approaching this month - and the event taking place at that very Mitsu headquarters, It'd be bad form for the only working/available Chademo south of L.A. County to not be up and running.
;)

Just got this off Plugshare:

"Just found out Mitsubishi is not going to let EV drivers charge free anymore.... they are parking all their cars to occupy all the spots. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT . "

TonyWilliams said:

"Just found out Mitsubishi is not going to let EV drivers charge free anymore.... they are parking all their cars to occupy all the spots. PLEASE DON'T DO THAT . "
Has anyone been able to verify that with an MMNA employee/spokesperson? If true, it'd be a real shame... :cry:

ahagge said:
TonyWilliams said:

Has anyone been able to verify that with an MMNA employee/spokesperson? If true, it'd be a real shame... :cry:
As of this morning Fri 10/26 i-Mievs filled all parking spaces in front of all chargers, Chademo included. Though nothing is posted, it seems they are curbing/blocking all public access to their chargers for now. I understand that their thinking on their public charging policy is still in flux and they may set out new conditions for their use going forward. (If they allow it at all, don't know.) :( Though I've seen the occasional open parking spot in the last couple of weeks, that could possibly access the L3 Chademo, it's really not a safe bet for those coming long distances to rely on this charger at this time.

Charged tonight on the CHAdeMO. Two parking spots open next to the unit. The omnipresent Volt charging on L2 parked outside the solar cover.

91040 said:
Charged tonight on the CHAdeMO. Two parking spots open next to the unit. The omnipresent Volt charging on L2 parked outside the solar cover.

Great! Hopefully Tony was able to charge there as well to be able to get home without an 8 hour wait.

Boomer23 said:
91040 said:

Great! Hopefully Tony was able to charge there as well to be able to get home without an 8 hour wait.

No Volt when I was there. Let it charge down to 8 amps / 394 volts , which is slower than 3.3kW L2, so I left for the 95 mile drive home, where I arrived in turtle mode.

I charged for 30-45 minutes in San Juan Cap at the Nissan dealer while checking out the Rav4 EV (they have 3; 2 white, one silver).

I pick up my Rav4 EV rental from Mossy Toyota Monday morning.

TonyWilliams said:
Boomer23 said:
91040 said:

No Volt when I was there. Let it charge down to 8 amps / 394 volts , which is slower than 3.3kW L2, so I left for the 95 mile drive home, where I arrived in turtle mode.

I charged for 30-45 minutes in San Juan Cap at the Nissan dealer while checking out the Rav4 EV (they have 3; 2 white, one silver).

I pick up my Rav4 EV rental from Mossy Toyota Monday morning.
I look forward to reading your performance reports.

Herm said:
coolfilmaker said:
Anyone know why they are doing this?

I hope Mitsubishi is not dropping the iMiev in the US..

Tony, its tuesday.. where is that report? :)

Operational.

The problem appears to be one Volt owner who parks her car there every night to charge, and bicycles home. The ultimate free loading opportunist. So, apparently, they were trying to crowd her out.

As to the continued production of iMiev, I give that a 1% chance. Actually, they already halted production in August. I doubt it will start up again. Hard to say what will happen to the charger and solar.

TonyWilliams said:
Operational.
Good news!

TonyWilliams said:
The problem appears to be one Volt owner who parks her car there every night to charge, and bicycles home. The ultimate free loading opportunist. So, apparently, they were trying to crowd her out.
Points out why EV charging should nearly always charge some nominal fee. That kind of behavior is just despicable if she continued to do it after being warned that she was abusing her privileges. This is why many Nissan dealers have issues with public charging, too.

TonyWilliams said:

Wouldn't leaving a note on her car telling her that was unacceptable behavior be just as good? Or leaving a note telling her that she needed to see someone from Mitsubishi management to discuss the issue? Or simply telling the on-site security to shoo her away?

TonyWilliams said:
...As to the continued production of iMiev, I give that a 1% chance. Actually, they already halted production in August. I doubt it will start up again. Hard to say what will happen to the charger and solar.
Hopefully, everything will stay in place for the rollout of the Outlander PHEV next year. Not sure whether it will be available with a CHAdeMO DC quick charge port though.

BTW, does anybody have a marketing contact at MMNA? I'd like to talk to someone about getting onto a waiting list for the Outlander PHEV. I'm looking at that one quite seriously as my "other" vehicle...

ahagge said:
BTW, does anybody have a marketing contact at MMNA? I'd like to talk to someone about getting onto a waiting list for the Outlander PHEV. I'm looking at that one quite seriously as my "other" vehicle...

We know David Patterson on the emissions and energy compliance side of things. I haven't had a local contact in marketing since Moe Durand left for Toyota around a year ago.

coolfilmaker said:
So why haven't they towed this woman yet/ had the security guard tell her to leave / etc.?
I'm actually stranded at Mitsubishi right now as I write. Lo and behold - guess who just came up to me and asked when I would be done because all the other places are full. The silver volt chick. BTW ... I'm stranded here because the quick charger is on the fritz. So I got at least another 10 minutes before I can make it to South Orange County. I guess the girl knows all of the flak about staying overnight and she said she's not doing it anymore. Yes she's going to keep parking and bicycling home until they force her to stop. No it doesn't bother her that she may ice a full EV, when all the other spots are taken. After all ... and as she says ... first come first served. Oh well. That's just a side note. The main thing is the QC is down. Oh and leaving a black leaf hear - left by the owner and I hope they're not doing the same thing.

Back