Whats the issue with driving slow/speed limit?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This discussion is really funny. It used to be Volvos, then Prius, now Leaf? I hope not. SLOWER (not slow) traffic keep right, that's all it takes. :lol:

AP1 said:
This discussion is really funny. It used to be Volvos, then Prius, now Leaf? I hope not. SLOWER (not slow) traffic keep right, that's all it takes. :lol:

Actually, it isn't that simple when you add HOV lanes to the equation. People need to keep in mind that HOV lanes are NOT 'fast' lanes. Here, 65mph in the HOV is fast enough! If someone wants to break the law, they can go into the 'fast' lane and pass. The fast lane is the far left lane if there is no HOV lane. If no HOVs, then I agree with you.

I you are in the HOV lane and you are being constantly passed on the right (dangerous), it makes no sense to stay there. If it is possible and legal you should move over to the lane that will accommodate your speed and let others behind you through regardless of the speed. 65 may be fast enough for you, but not for others, and it's not up to you to be the traffic policeman.

AP1 said:
I you are in the HOV lane and you are being constantly passed on the right (dangerous), it makes no sense to stay there. If it is possible and legal you should move over to the lane that will accommodate your speed and let others behind you through regardless of the speed. 65 may be fast enough for you, but not for others, and it's not up to you to be the traffic policeman.

"if" that is the case, i will drive in the right lane and have done so frequently. now, unlike other areas, around here, HOV means exactly that. there are a few exceptions where you can pay to drive solo in HOV lanes but they dont allow passing. they are separated.

but in most cases, the HOV lane is much faster and for those reasons, i will drive in that lane if i am on a schedule. if i am not, i really dont mind driving slowly. but keep in mind. i dont commute in the normal sense. i am only out there for pleasure.

i took a very large cut in pay to end my commuting days back in 2004. i regret it occasionally from lack of money. i am thankful daily for my time spent at home not commuting.

its a trade off

If there is an actual accident the person going 5 over will have stronger scutiny than the person going 10 under.
If I am in an accident I would prefer to already be the 15 miles per hour slower as there is lower chance of injury.

Reddy said:
Ah yes, I still vividly remember the day I was passed in TX on a two lane road. I was doing 65 in a 55. I was passed nearly simultaneously on the right (shoulder) and the left (opposite lane of traffic). Yup, excellent drivers in TX. :?

Reddy
Where was this? I have never seen behavior like this before, and I grew up a smallish town (20K) near San Antonio that had lots of country roads and undivided highways.

Back