where are all the ladies?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mwalsh said:
malloryk said:
I know Kataphn and Lindak are soon to join me--are there any others? Why are there so few?

Speaking of which....anyone know why Kathleen has dropped off the radar? Hope it's just a vacation absence!

Hi Mike, I am here! Been away a couple of days for the holiday. Back to posting my 2 cents in various threads. Since I slipped to May been nursing my disappointment. As for the interest of women, my own goes back to very early days of going to the EV meetings at Cal Tech and being the only woman there. This was about 20 years ago or close to it. Then the discussion was about how to get a good shell car like a Rabbit with a blown engine and then converting it to EV. I also explored a company who was getting light truck shells from the manufacturer and making them EVs. But there were issues of warranty and service. On the "get a Rabbit and convert it", I just couldn't see myself managing that. I wanted an EV1 but did not want to lease. So I have been wanting an EV from a major maker with a warranty and a place to go for service for a long, long time. Our household will end up with a LEAF and one Honda Accord. That car will eventually be turned in for a plug in hybrid at some point. And yes, I will be figuring out how to tote my bike and my kayak on the LEAF, using my Yakima rack.

I am no lady, but I am largely acting as my wife's proxy here, since she doesn't participate on internet forums at all. The Leaf we're buying is for her, and will be her daily driver. It was her choice and we wouldn't be buying it if she wasn't so adamant about not EVER going to another gas station to fill her car, if she can avoid it.

I have done the research to inform her decisions (and educate myself) but she is the driving force in this move. She says "Hi" to the other women here, but will not be signing on to participate directly, it's just not her style. Me, I've been participating in internet discussion groups since there was only the Usenet and Al Gore had not yet invented the WWW. :cool:

TT

malloryk said:
I'm just curious who the women are out there because I think I'm the only girl on this forum with a Leaf (yeah yeah Alyssa Milano.. but she's not on this forum... that I know of). I know Kataphn and Lindak are soon to join me--are there any others? Why are there so few?

I don't have my Leaf yet, but current scheduled for "April".

I'm here! Would have responded sooner, but I've had a horrendous chest cold (on top of being 12+ weeks pregnant and having a 13 mo. old to chase). No fun. Hoping to see our LEAF in May, maybe sooner. Although my husband will occasionally drive the LEAF, I was the instigator, as I am for most things "green" that we purchase, such as our PV system. I blame it on being from California (he's from the east coast).
Cindi

I'm a female aerospace engineer with two boys (11 & 12). The leaf (late summer 2011) will be mine (Mine! Mine!) ... if I can convince the hubby that we can afford it. :)

Loving my LEAF. I wanted to take it to do errands this morning (I usually walk downtown) just to drive it, but resisted temptation. After all....walking is a good thing too!

LindaK said:
Loving my LEAF. I wanted to take it to do errands this morning (I usually walk downtown) just to drive it, but resisted temptation. After all....walking is a good thing too!

congratulations, Linda! Yes, walking is a good thing but I totally understand. I'll look for any reason to drive my car. Ohh, did I feel a drop of rain? Well then, I should drive over to to the coffee shop 2 blocks away!

I bought the car primarily for myself but now that my wife has driven it numerous times, she kind of wants one for herself ("can we sell the Acura and buy me one too?")... But since we still need one ICE, that is not practical, alas. Her name is Linda too, by the way...

malloryk said:
LindaK said:

congratulations, Linda! Yes, walking is a good thing but I totally understand. I'll look for any reason to drive my car. Ohh, did I feel a drop of rain? Well then, I should drive over to to the coffee shop 2 blocks away!

I am part of a couple, but have been driving this particular purchase. My husband could tell you about all the time I spend reading these posts--dashboard says "week of march 25th" now, so hopefully I will be hauling our two kids in it soon.

mogur said:
I bought the car primarily for myself but now that my wife has driven it numerous times, she kind of wants one for herself ("can we sell the Acura and buy me one too?")... But since we still need one ICE, that is not practical, alas.
Then get her a Volt. :) It also looks quite good in red having seen one on the road.

No, the Volt simply makes no sense to us on many levels. We'll keep the Acura for at least a couple more years and then make a decision on what way to go but it likely will have to be either a pure ICE or a hybrid. She also loves the Mini Clubman...

drees said:
mogur said:
I bought the car primarily for myself but now that my wife has driven it numerous times, she kind of wants one for herself ("can we sell the Acura and buy me one too?")... But since we still need one ICE, that is not practical, alas.
Then get her a Volt. :) It also looks quite good in red having seen one on the road.

Female LEAF purchaser here!

It will be mine and mine alone... hopefully in April. I'm getting pretty tired of waiting... LETS DO THIS!

Hello, Ladies! (and some guys)

Add me to the list of Hot Chickies with Leafs. Picked up my Red Leaf from Mossy Nissan in San Diego last Friday. Love the car, but getting kind of frustrated with Nissan Technical Support. Haven't been able to log into CarWings yet, so I can't access car info from my laptop or iPhone and I can't update the charging stations' locations around town (maybe that's not related to CarWings, but its some kind of connectivity issue).

My lovely Leaf is replacing a Volvo V70 station wagon, so the size/space difference has been an adjustment. Not much space in the trunk after I put in a few empty, reusable grocery bags. But, my biggest concern is when they are going to announce a rack for the Leaf. My surfboard doesn't fit inside like it did in the V70. (And that damn antenna looks like it is going to be in the way....)

Cheers!
Lea

Hi azpaula! Welcome to the club. I've had my cayenne red LEAF for nearly 3 weeks now. Her name is Sallyl! I'm loving driving her and smelling that new car smell!

Lots to learn, but I'm sure you'll enjoy yours too!
Linda

Back