Who Has The MOST Total LEAF Miles So Far??? Daily Average???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On May 9th and May 11th, I was #1 rank in the world for distance driven in one day in a LEAF, 134.5 miles and 131,5, respectively. Pretty cool! :D

Oh, wow ... JimmyDreams has us all beat (so far) ! But Bassman is (will be) quickly catching up due to his regular commute ( glad I was able to convince him a LEAF can do it :p )

Yeah, thanks LEAFer. I'm actually making it home with 8-17 % of battery capacity remaining, doing 65 on the section of Hwy 16 that is posted 65. I think the warmer weather is helping. :)

I'd really like to know the highest daily average without a mid-day charge. We are considering a leaf but average 70 miles per day in our Honda right now. Not sure if it will work for us.

Joel

mythrenegade said:
I'd really like to know the highest daily average without a mid-day charge. We are considering a leaf but average 70 miles per day in our Honda right now. Not sure if it will work for us.

Joel

I commute 63-65 miles daily with no mid-day charge. I arrive home with 15-25 miles left, depending on my speed....mostly highway, usually 60mph. 70 miles is doable at 65mph, unless there are large variations in altitude involved.

3017 miles so far with 89 days of ownership. That's only 33.9 miles/day, a paltry sum compared to some of you. We love this car and really enjoy driving it.

Josh

Jimmydreams said:
As of is morning: 6987 miles in 126 days for a daily average of 55.45.

Looks like I better schedule my 7500 service!!! :D

Yo JimmyD: During that 7500 mi service, be sure to have them: change the oil, oil filter, check the muffler, tailpipe, catalytic converter, gas cap, radiator cap, anti-freeze level, etc. Holy SH$T! This could set you back big bucks!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

derkraut said:
Jimmydreams said:
As of is morning: 6987 miles in 126 days for a daily average of 55.45.

Yo JimmyD: During that 7500 mi service, be sure to have them: change the oil, oil filter, check the muffler, tailpipe, catalytic converter, gas cap, radiator cap, anti-freeze level, etc. Holy SH$T! This could set you back big bucks!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wilco! And I'll ask for all the old parts, too!!! :mrgreen:

Actually, I can't remember if they do the battery health check at 7500. If not, I'll ask them to do one and get the printout....I don't believe anyone has seen one yet.

derkraut said:
Jimmydreams said:

p1100470q.jpg

Jimmydreams said:
Actually, I can't remember if they do the battery health check at 7500. If not, I'll ask them to do one and get the printout....I don't believe anyone has seen one yet.

I actually had my dealer do one as part of my delivery to use as a baseline test for the pack. The report is not what you think it is. It is a picture of the bargraph for battery capacity straight from your dashboard and a bunch of driving statistics that looks like the data from carwings. It's almost useless.

hobbyguy said:
8560 miles, 133 days of ownership = 64.36 miles per day!

have you noticed any improvements with the range as the car has "broken in"... assuming break in improves an EV's milleage?

George

hobbyguy said:
8560 miles, 133 days of ownership = 64.36 miles per day!

My daily roundtrip on the Leaf is 72.3mi, so we'll surpass you eventually... but we've only had ours less than a month.

GaslessInSeattle said:
have you noticed any improvements with the range as the car has "broken in"... assuming break in improves an EV's milleage?
George

You would see MOST of the range improvement after the 3rd cycle, perhaps 5 cycles as the battery gets older. You will see this every time the Leaf sits idle for a month or two.

Carwings reported my total miles for the my drive home on the 17th at 214. If I'd done the final 87 mile leg from Chico CA to home directly, as planned, I'd have hit about 234 miles, but I chickened out after I got the "you may not make it" message from my car, about 30 miles from home. I detoured to Redding and sucked up almost 2 hours of L2 (Thank you Crown Nissan for leaving the power on and parking area clear for your 2 L2 and 2 L1 charge points!) so the final 28 miles of my drive occurred after midnight.

A few carwings questions.

It didn't record about 70 miles I drove on the day I picked up the car. Is this a first day glitch, or does it happen frequently?

It also says I made 15 "trips" on the 17th. I guess it is reporting the start-ups I died during charging, to check charge status, as "trips". Correct?

edatoakrun said:
A few carwings questions.

It didn't record about 70 miles I drove on the day I picked up the car. Is this a first day glitch, or does it happen frequently?

It also says I made 15 "trips" on the 17th. I guess it is reporting the start-ups I died during charging, to check charge status, as "trips". Correct?

1) there is a delay, wait a few days. u also must "accept" carwings EACH time you power cycle your device

2) yes, it logs each power cycle as a trip. also keep in mind, your dealer probably was responsible for several during final checkout

Back