Why are Deliveries from Long Beach Slow?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GroundLoop said:
And you know it's true, how?

I don't know it's true. In fact in previous posts I have made it abundantly clear. Notice the frequent use of the word speculate in previous posts in this thread. I was just clarifying what I meant in a previous post in response to another post.

I should add that if you talk to Nissan CS and ask to talk to a supervisor, there won't be any to talk to. And they tell you that one will call you back within 24 hours, and that never happens......

GroundLoop said:
From all the evidence I've seen in my own process and that of others posted, I've learned one thing:

CS (Live Chat, phone, whatever) has NO additional information over and above what you or your dealer can already see.

Anything additional they provide is total 100% made-up-on-the-spot bullsh!t.

Any callback I've ever received has been preceded by a dashboard update with the same material.
Anything they've said to me that wasn't on the dashboard has been proven to be totally incorrect.

I agree with the analysis that says all these systems are feeding off the same batch updates, and Nissan continues to be tight-lipped with any accurate or useful information.

From what I've heard from dealers, they're just as pissed and confused as we are. Some more vocal than others, but all in the dark.

If someone has an "in" at the Port of Long beach, go buy the guys there a beer and see if you can find out more about why the "1500" parked cars are trickling out of there instead of stacked 20 on each truck. There's an answer here nobody knows, but I bet the boots on the dock do.

Amen :!:

GroundLoop said:
From what I've heard from dealers, they're just as pissed and confused as we are. Some more vocal than others, but all in the dark.
I can believe that. My "7 day" email came five days ago, which would seem to indicate that the car should be on its way and should have been invoiced by now (or soon), but it seems my dealer has heard nothing about my car yet.

Here's what they told me earlier today: "Nissan's official word today was that cars were leaving the port in "batches" and that I'll see them when I see them."

At least he added: "Should be any day now." :)

Perhaps Nissan should adopt the old song "Anticipation" from Heinz? ;-)
Code:
anticipation...
anticipation...
is making me wait...
is keeping me waiting...
and tomorrow we might not be together...

If someone has an "in" at the Port of Long beach, go buy the guys there a beer and see if you can find out more about why the "1500" parked cars are trickling out of there instead of stacked 20 on each truck. There's an answer here nobody knows, but I bet the boots on the dock do.
+1

I had to finally do that chat session with Nissan..All they could say was that the firmware was done and that it was either headed to Phx or still sitting @ Longbeach ;-(

mark13 said:
I had to finally do that chat session with Nissan..All they could say was that the firmware was done and that it was either headed to Phx or still sitting @ Longbeach ;-(
We could have told you that right here ;)

:cry: Oh I saw my car also ..Its trapped like a rat with no where to go...Hmm should we plan a breakin and set them all free :)

And my DB moved again.....from 5/13 to 5/16, fifth time in 8 days, although my car has been ready to ship since 4/19.

Can't you guys from Seattle and Portland move faster? We need this railcar full ASAP!!

Just because somebody thinks that your "A/C Problem" firmware Update was done in April does not mean that there were/are not many other checks still to be completed on your car before it can be put into the queue waiting for transportation to your dealer. The actual transportation duration is usually only a few hours to a few days.

garygid said:
Just because somebody thinks that your "A/C Problem" firmware Update was done in April does not mean that there were/are not many other checks still to be completed on your car before it can be put into the queue waiting for transportation to your dealer. The actual transportation duration is usually only a few hours to a few days.

Actually I was told by CS that my car was "released", and when I asked what that meant, they said it meant it's now ready to ship. My understanding is my car is simply in the queue waiting for enough cars heading for the same market to fill up the railcar....

Mine arrived at the dealer along with 3 other Leafs today..Im guessing that they had a train full of Leafs leave Longbeach a few days ago.. I would imagine that all April orders will get your car this week...

scharlj said:
garygid said:

Actually I was told by CS that my car was "released", and when I asked what that meant, they said it meant it's now ready to ship. My understanding is my car is simply in the queue waiting for enough cars heading for the same market to fill up the railcar....

Same here! My car was 'released'/finished and ready to load since Apr. 15th.

they told me my leaf did not need the flash, was built after the issue was fixed. my leaf left prior to the earthquake yet still sitting at long beach. :roll:

So I just talked to my dealer again and he told me that basically nothing is certain from his end until he gets a rail ship date from Nissan, and he hasn't received one yet for my car, which has gotten the AC fixed and was "released" on 4/19. Basically at this point no one I've talked to (CS, supervisors, and dealers) know why the cars are waiting in LA for so long. I am sure someone knows, but either they won't say, or I can't get access to them. I like the idea of offering a beer to someone at the port to fish for information. Anyone nearby?

My dealer said that he had 22 cars to deliver in April, of which he's only delivered 2. He also said that of 85 cars he planned to deliver in May, 50 have been moved to July. The April deliveries are being moved mostly due to the AC fix, although I will argue that had they had their shipping act together many of these cars could have been delivered before April's end. The May deliveries are being mostly moved because of the earhquake.

All the while Nissan is releasing press release after press release about how they will ramp up production and open up to more markets, and yet they've shown they're incapable of delivering on their initial promises of only a few Leafs (in comparison to their latest numbers).

I've had my VIN for a month, but yesterday my dashboard jumped out to May 26.
April 13 -> April 15 -> April 23 -> April 25 -> May 13 -> May 15 -> May 26.

If the dashboard is right, it's going to take 1 month to get from San Diego to Seattle.

They must be flashing about 10 cars/day and waiting until all of them are done before filling the rail car, or they are waiting until the train is a mile long before sending it out.

I bet dealers don't like this either... crickets for weeks, then suddenly a stampede of cars and paperwork and overtime. Hard to plan and hard to load-balance.

Also posted on April Deliveries..

Res. 4/20...Ordered Oct.....Dashboard still on week of 4/22 since 4/7.....Dealer only a few miles away from the port....CS told me my car, Vin # 1873, has been at the port for more than 4 weeks.....
Nissan CS supervisor told me today that since all of the cars were parked en mass at the port, there was no way to do the AC software update in any type of order of first reserved/ordered, first out. He said this would have been a mess. So, instead they decided to just do the software fix using convenience to cars and then loaded those up for delivery when flashed. This is such a willy nilly process, with no regard for those who placed reservation/orders first.

CS said my software fix was completed on 4/26, so I asked what then is the hold up? The response was that my car is now waiting for the accessories to be applied. This is hilarious, because last week CS told me that the accessories were not holding up my delivery but the AC fix was the problem.....HAHAHAHAHAH!! Next week it will be the AC fix again!!!

These folks are absolutely nuts!

While on a live chat a few days ago, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that he was busy on another call but could get back to me within 24 - 48 hours. I said, "boy o boy, that's some call!" I never did get the return call and had to try again today.

Nissan has something else going on here and I'd love to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if Steve Lopez from the LA times might be interested in a little investigation>>>??

Report this post Delete post

boyodublin said:
Nissan has something else going on here and I'd love to get to the bottom of it. I wonder if Steve Lopez from the LA times might be interested in a little investigation

Dude - it's just a car. It'll get here when it gets here. Repeat after me.... it's just a car. Deep breaths everyone. (and yes I'm waiting too)

Back