Why are Deliveries from Long Beach Slow?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it's worth.. I know someone who heard that his car was on hold for "Accessories" and got the call for delivery the same day.
They're shaking their Magic 8 Ball so hard the dye is foaming up..

GroundLoop said:
For what it's worth.. I know someone who heard that his car was on hold for "Accessories" and got the call for delivery the same day.
They're shaking their Magic 8 Ball so hard the dye is foaming up..

What date did their DB say?

GroundLoop said:
Was the pollen Japanese pollen or California pollen? DNA testing is required.

Japanese pollen...but Jasmine was mistaken. It isn't all 1500 cars and CS knows which ones had to have the special 5-hour cleaning. She told me mine was one of them, but a Sup said it wasn't.

Here's a new one…. dealer shows our delivery date of 4/11/2011. DB has said 4/18 since March - no change. Been in port since 3/30 (with the others that left the day before the tsunami).
Previous info from CS was that the AC / Start problem was fixed on 4/8. Then it was all accessories have been installed except the protection package (clear coat on the bumpers, I assume?) That was as of 2+ weeks ago.

Today I call… Still shows waiting on the protection package to be installed, so I say, do you even have the parts, or what gives? Then I get…
"
Your car is being held BY the Port."

"BY the Port, as opposed to AT the Port?? As in it's not being held by Nissan, it's being held by the Port??"

"Yes, I have no further information to give you."

Alrighty, then. Anyone have any idea why cars would be held by the Port? Are we now dealing with some other import issue?

11/17/2010 Got dealer quote and ordered; order submitted by dealer to Nissan
2/8/2011 Email re: car coming in April

3/10/2011 Manuf Date
Left Japan day before Tsunami
3/30/2011 – Arrives Long Beach ??
4/8/2011 – AC / Start fix complete

JCBNJB said:
Anyone have any idea why cars would be held by the Port? Are we now dealing with some other import issue?
It's all invented on the spot by the service reps. They have no info. Don't start another rumor based on a one word change.

JCBNJB said:
Here's a new one…. dealer shows our delivery date of 4/11/2011. DB has said 4/18 since March - no change. Been in port since 3/30 (with the others that left the day before the tsunami).
Previous info from CS was that the AC / Start problem was fixed on 4/8. Then it was all accessories have been installed except the protection package (clear coat on the bumpers, I assume?) That was as of 2+ weeks ago.

Today I call… Still shows waiting on the protection package to be installed, so I say, do you even have the parts, or what gives? Then I get…
"
Your car is being held BY the Port."

"BY the Port, as opposed to AT the Port?? As in it's not being held by Nissan, it's being held by the Port??"

"Yes, I have no further information to give you."

Alrighty, then. Anyone have any idea why cars would be held by the Port? Are we now dealing with some other import issue?

11/17/2010 Got dealer quote and ordered; order submitted by dealer to Nissan
2/8/2011 Email re: car coming in April

3/10/2011 Manuf Date
Left Japan day before Tsunami
3/30/2011 – Arrives Long Beach ??
4/8/2011 – AC / Start fix complete

I would guess that your car fell off the ship during unloading, and divers are searching for it in the harbor. Not to worry though---they will eventually find it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So my car is still held at the port and CS has got no explanation. Just wanting to see if any one has any news by association.

Who's got a car headed to Portland or Seattle, that is known to have received the AC fix on or close to 4/19? My car's received the fix on 4/19. I would be interested to know if any car headed to Portland or Seattle has made it out before me, or not, and if so what those owners have been told. BTW, my DB is now at 5/26, after having made a stop at every week in April and May.

Thanks

scharlj said:
So my car is still held at the port and CS has got no explanation. Just wanting to see if any one has any news by association.

Who's got a car headed to Portland or Seattle, that is known to have received the AC fix on or close to 4/19? My car's received the fix on 4/19. I would be interested to know if any car headed to Portland or Seattle has made it out before me, or not, and if so what those owners have been told. BTW, my DB is now at 5/26, after having made a stop at every week in April and May.

Thanks

I expect to take delivery of mine in Seattle tomorrow and I believe it is in that group of AC fixes if that helps.

Well it helps in that it helps me confirm that mine missed a railcar or two.... I really wonder why. Anyone else?

Most likely yes. But I still wonder how many railcars to Seattle/Portland they use, and how often they run. I understand that I may have missed a railcar once, considering how many Leafs they have. But if it turns out I missed 2-3 that would be really indication of something bad....that's why I still want to know how many folks had their cars delivered in Portland/Seattle that had their AC fix on or near 4/19.

scharlj said:
Thanks

Mine was finished with the A/C update Apr. 15th. I received the 'delivery soon' email on May 5th which I believe means it was scheduled for transport today, May 9th to Portland and then to Seattle.

My dashboard jumped out 2 weeks to June 8 today. Considering the car has been sitting at the port since March, the port staff are headless chickens. There are a trickle of cars coming from Japan, so they aren't exactly swamped with inventory, yet some cars sit and rot. Are they randomly picking cars to send to dealers (causing some that recently came off a ship to get sent while others that have been sitting in a corner continue to sit in the corner)? According to CS (maybe it's a lie) my car has been done with everything and awaiting delivery for over 3 weeks (that means it will sit for 5 weeks waiting to get loaded on a train). At this point it has nothing to do with being a new model and ironing out bugs, this should affect all Nissan models. Did they already lay off port staff for the post-quake slow-down? Are they trying to artificially buffer deliveries for a slow steady flow? Did they cheap out on their truck/train contracts for the next few months?

April 13-> April 15 -> April 23 -> April 25 -> May 13 -> May 15 -> May 23 -> May 26 -> June 8.

my dashboard was updated from "week of May 5" to "week of May 18th" since obviously the car hasn't arrived.

My dealer was invoiced three weeks ago. last week I chatted with CS and they told me that the car was already on a truck or rail car, and as of Tuesday, May 17th, no car.

wernerg said:
my dashboard was updated from "week of May 5" to "week of May 18th" since obviously the car hasn't arrived.

My dealer was invoiced three weeks ago. last week I chatted with CS and they told me that the car was already on a truck or rail car, and as of Tuesday, May 17th, no car.
If it's on a rail car, you are at the mercy of a railroad dispatcher somewhere. Union Pacific is notorious for having gridlock, especially in Texas where almost everything is single track.
http://scarymazegame3.org/gain/visit520004users/ireal481338

Just got a call from the dealer saying they just updated him today that it will be delivered around June 10. He says in the info they were giving him that it was on hold until today. He says that all Nissan models have been getting held at the port for floor mats and that they are starting to ship them without floor mats so that the dealers can handle it individually. Mine wasn't ordered with floor mats (dealer confirmed this) but for some reason it was being held anyway. The only accessory I ordered was the cargo organizer (wishing I went aftermarket so they would have no excuses to hold the car for weeks, although I'm sure CS would make something up like pollen or sun spots).

kballs said:
Just got a call from the dealer saying they just updated him today that it will be delivered around June 10. He says in the info they were giving him that it was on hold until today. He says that all Nissan models have been getting held at the port for floor mats and that they are starting to ship them without floor mats so that the dealers can handle it individually. Mine wasn't ordered with floor mats (dealer confirmed this) but for some reason it was being held anyway. The only accessory I ordered was the cargo organizer (wishing I went aftermarket so they would have no excuses to hold the car for weeks, although I'm sure CS would make something up like pollen or sun spots).
My dealer has given me a delivery estimate just a few days after yours (of course nothing but month of June from Nissan CS), when did you order and have they told when your car arrived in the port? Curious if you have a pre or post earthquake car?

jcesare said:
wernerg said:

If it's on a rail car, you are at the mercy of a railroad dispatcher somewhere. Union Pacific is notorious for having gridlock, especially in Texas where almost everything is single track.
http://scarymazegame3.org/gain/visit520004users/ireal481338

last week, the story was that my car was either on a truck or on a rail car and should arrive at my dealer (Northern Cal) any day. This week my dealer tells me that "there was something wrong with my car, and we are trying to find a replacement".

The problem is the lack of information, for which they come up with new stories, resulting in ZERO credibility.

LALeaf said:
kballs said:
My dealer has given me a delivery estimate just a few days after yours (of course nothing but month of June from Nissan CS), when did you order and have they told when your car arrived in the port? Curious if you have a pre or post earthquake car?
Pre-quake. Got VIN in march and "don't worry your car was on the boat before the quake" email.

Back