Wouldn't location be nice to pull up on Carwings?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatsShootsandLeafs

The "outlaws" are currently driving my car around. I know that because when I hit refresh I can see the miles dropping. Still, it would be even better if I could actually see where they are. Plus, I'd even let my wife have access to the app so she could see where I am if she ever cared.

Historical mapping over google maps within the Carwings app would be awesome, but I am surprised it can't send out the instantaneous location at least...Unless maybe it can and I'm missing something, but I don't think it does.

Actually while I'm on topic some products exist, gps based, to monitor car use--a great idea if you're lending it to your 16 year old son. Tells you about driving habits and what not. If the car was able to transmit location constantly, or even in batches of data points, it would open up the opportunity for third party developers to create behavior based apps--and these could in theory apply to other cars in the future.

I searched forums for "location" in subject and didn't find anything about this.

I think it used to be possible to see the location via an RSS feed, but I seem to recall Nissan plugged that.

Back