My 2015 Leaf with lowered with 19" wheels

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanlee

Thought I would post a couple pics of my mods.

It has been quite a transformation!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah136/bry_lee/IMG_9514_zpswxlpvoe1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah136/bry_lee/IMG_9512_zps0m3q81bt.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How bad was the hit to your mi/kwh? I'd think pretty significant with the added wheel weight and stickier tires. The lowering may have made it a bit more aero though?

tkdbrusco said:
How bad was the hit to your mi/kwh? I'd think pretty significant with the added wheel weight and stickier tires. The lowering may have made it a bit more aero though?

Actually these wheels and tires are lighter than stock, the stock wheel and tire weighed in at 45lbs and the new wheels by them selves are 20lbs - so the new wheels and tires weigh much less. Same with the coil overs, stock suspension felt like tanks compared to the upgrade.

I havent driven enough to know what the new mi/kwh are, but I have not noticed any difference in the little I have driven. The car handles night and day from what it did prior to the upgrade, no understeer and on rails.

bryanlee said:
Thanks, it was about 3" from how the coilovers came, pretty much as low as they would go, lol!
Looks great! Which coilovers did you go with and how's the ride on bigger bumps?

Looks great. And I am glad that you dropped it as much as you did. Most people leave the huge wheel gap and that just looks fugly.

drees said:
bryanlee said:
Thanks, it was about 3" from how the coilovers came, pretty much as low as they would go, lol!
Looks great! Which coilovers did you go with and how's the ride on bigger bumps?

Thanks, I used the Megan's Racing Coilovers. The ride is noticeably bumpier from stock and on big bumps you feel the impact, but nothing that would make me want to change it back. I haven't messed with the dampening yet so I may be able to adjust that some as well. Funny thing is my wife didn't mention anything about the ride and she drives her stock one every day, so the ride must not be that bad, LOL.

I like it! What is the width and offset of those wheels?

I'm on the same coilovers. If you're already maxed out on the coilover adjustment and want to go any lower, you can also remove the lower two locking rings. it will give you another 1/2" of drop. You can also make some different upper mounts for the rears to keep from bottoming out that will also give you about another 1/2 to 3/4" drop. I can send you a picture of what I made if you want.

Armadillo said:
I like it! What is the width and offset of those wheels?

I'm on the same coilovers. If you're already maxed out on the coilover adjustment and want to go any lower, you can also remove the lower two locking rings. it will give you another 1/2" of drop. You can also make some different upper mounts for the rears to keep from bottoming out that will also give you about another 1/2 to 3/4" drop. I can send you a picture of what I made if you want.

Yes please send me a picture, I would like to see with the extra drop. Does it make the ride a lot more rougher? Did you adjust the dampening at all from the factory setting?

Thanks

Can you tell me what 19" wheel and tire dimension you are using for this fab setup... In particular width and offset!

Just in case some else is looking for the information, the wheels are TSW Bathurst 8x19 offset 35
alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-bathurst-5-lug-matte-black-std-700.jpg

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_bathurst.php

This is how they're positioned compared to stock 16":
wheelimage.php

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=205&aspect=55&diameter=16&wheelwidth=6.5&offset=40&width2=235&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8&offset2=35

Has anybody gone the other way and made a jacked up LEAF? I think the term is "donk". Sorry to go OT, not sure the Q warrants its own thread.

Back