One more day till august pre-orders...let's guess about Sept

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin

Ok...so the day is almost here for those lucky august pre orders...I'm actually quite excited for them...and slightly envious.

Now the questions are...

What time tomorrow? How easy was it? Did they get quotes they were expecting from the dealers they picked?

And, for us September pre order people, the big question is: when will be our turn?

So what is your guess? Later this week? Next week? Sept 30th?

I'm thinking the 6th or 7th, but could be the 3rd in a perfect world...or the 30th in a world that wants to see me obsessively checking my email for many many days straight...so probably the 30th...

Gavin

I've already experienced delays. Delays with EVSE evaluations ... delays with 'important notice' emails ... August 27 email delays ... etc. Supposedly, the August 27 delay was so Nissan can assure their August email launch will be bullet proof. Right. Bullet proof software.
:lol:
Um ... helo Nissan ... earth to Nissan, come'in please ... aint gona happin. Murphy is as Murphy does. If Nissan would have stuck with the 27th date, Nissan could at LEAST have straitened out the screwups by the end of the month. Now? Now there's NO time left to fix the screwups. Heck ... Nissan might as well say the August 31 dayte begins at 11:58PM ... since the software is no "bullet proof"
:lol:
... which now means the we (so called) lucky August folks ... chomping at the bit as we are, will soon face the music. It reminds me of my AV assessment during the first few hours. Nearly a MONTH later, it finally happened (shaking head). Meah ... I could be wrong ... but history has always repeated itself. We'll see ... shortly

hope it's not too late tomorrow... I'm going to the Green Day concert and need to leave early to get down to Irvine. Please don't send that email at the end of the day Nissan!

I've been conditioned by Nissan enough to think that if they say "some time in September" they mean, September 30, 11:59PM.

Hey, at least they are not on Aptera Time. ;)

Deetime said Sept. orders would be Sept. 1st, but that was before the Aug. delay. So I'm saying it will probably be Sept. 3 because HI/TX also have Sept. ordering which I believe will be at the end of Sept. :)

There appear to be many times as many September orders as August orders. Why would Nissan or its dealers want them to all come in at the same time? My assumption is that the invitations to order in September will be spread out through the month. I think Nissan has already assigned a priority order to each of us; they just haven't told us what it is except in a very general way. I don't expect any sort of stampede for September orders. When I get my chance I intend to proceed cautiously, as I would with any large purchase. If I end up going to three dealers - and hence taking three days - to agree to terms, then so be it. That seems much wiser to me than grabbing the first thing I can get my hands on.

planet4ever said:
There appear to be many times as many September orders as August orders. Why would Nissan or its dealers want them to all come in at the same time? My assumption is that the invitations to order in September will be spread out through the month. I think Nissan has already assigned a priority order to each of us; they just haven't told us what it is except in a very general way. I don't expect any sort of stampede for September orders. When I get my chance I intend to proceed cautiously, as I would with any large purchase. If I end up going to three dealers - and hence taking three days - to agree to terms, then so be it. That seems much wiser to me than grabbing the first thing I can get my hands on.

Well, IMO, when you get a deal under Invoice or 5% off MSRP, it is a deal not to be found anywhere else and I'm going to take it, but you are certainly allowed to take ALL the time you want. :)

planet4ever said:
There appear to be many times as many September orders as August orders. Why would Nissan or its dealers want them to all come in at the same time? My assumption is that the invitations to order in September will be spread out through the month...
Well, as long as we're guessing, here's my glass-95%-empty guess: Nissan planned to spread out September ordering over the month in order to reduce traffic to their web site. But since they've bollixed up the whole process so far, September emails will be spread out over the last three days of the month. That's my guess. I hope I'm wrong. I'll be checking my email regularly. I won't be waiting 'til the end of the month to check, but I won't be holding my breath either.

P.S. I eagerly await news of whether those August orders actually happen today!

After contacting Nissan this morning, I can tell you this whole thing is going to be a cluster for the August order group! I would not doubt September, October, etc. being pushed back! The right hand does not know what the left is doing! They are trying to do this whole Apple type marketing strategy and they are failing thus far. There are so many variables being juggled around that I am sure there is going to be some bad press on it! They really do need to get their arms around the August orders and make sure these go well!

I was under the impression that there were very few August orders to begin with, so I view the August order people as Guinea pigs for September. And idea ALSO furthers the rumors that some September people may actually get their car before the August people.

My guess is that the physical cars for both August and September won't show up until December. It's possible a September order who lives in (let's say) LA might get his/her car before an August person who lives in (let's say) Seattle. If the cars come off the boat in Long Beach, that makes perfect sense. I think the first boatload of cars will have August, September cars all in one load.

But regardless....how hard can this process be to initialize? There are only so many options available and so many 'groups' to turn on the ordering process. :?:

Yep...if it is 200 people...that should be no problem...heck, 200 people, if the system has issues do it by phone...200 is nothing.

If 1000 people...see above...a company the size of Nissan shouldn't have an issue dealing with 200 or 1000 people in a day.

Gavin

September orders will not be fulfilled until next year. Rental inventories will be stocked before even August retail orders/customers and they are still trying to pin down those numbers.

No special information! Used to work with another car manufacturer and rental inventories were always supplied first. May not happen in this case, but they have made a LARGE commitment to Hertz already.

Nissan said they had planned to sell to rentals first, but changed their minds and wanted to get cars into buying customers hands first...

Of course they could change their minds again I suppose.

Gavin

And Hertz has announced they won't start getting them until February (no source available). I don't think rentals are in line for earliest delivery this time.

Chances of rentals being the first are zero.

Nissan wants some consumer enthusiasm - you don't get that with rental companies.

Back