Best way to sell your leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but search for sell and there's over 1100 pages of results.

Given the increase in price for the battery pack it doesn't make sense for me to replace it. Since I'm at 9 bars there's still plenty of life in it but the tax credit is expiring on the competitors vehicles so if I'm going to switch I should do it now. I would normally just go with the 2019 since it fits my needs but Nissan keeps burning us every chance they get so I think it's time to give someone else a turn.

The downside is that trade in is terrible so I won't even entertain that. I would rather keep it as a toy or turn it into a golf cart for what they offer. I'm going to list it but I figured some advice might be helpful first.

Thanks in advance

I sold 3 cars in the past two years -- enough for a lifetime. For low priced cars craigslist is your best bet IF you can tolerate and filter out a lot of scammers.

My advice is this:
1. ONLY invest time in local buyers. PERIOD. I would answer any query politely and ask where they were calling from and state that I only would sell to someone local. I rarely had reason to communicate any further although one person convinced me right away that because he had family in my city he would conduct a face to face sale. That turned out to be true.
2. Conclude the sale at their bank where you get a bank cheque and they get the car and title

The OP obviously has an early 2013 build, and a Canary pack Leaf with no remaining warranty isn't going to sell to anyone except a local short-trip driver - or someone with no knowledge of the cars - for anything but cheap.

I know I'm going to take a beating on this. I feel kind of stupid for not realizing that the car would be so worthless, so soon. It's very sobering when the trade in value is $3000 and the car still looks very good.

Craig’s is very regional around here unless the car is ready for the wrecker (or some kind of truck) it won’t sell.

Not enough eyeballs and lots of can I scams.

Back