Seating surfaces already dirty!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Speaking of poor choice for the interior fabric....I already have a nasty black smudge on the passenger seat backrest, where some dirt has rubbed off my laptop case. Will have to get busy with the Folex when I get home tonight. :?

Where are the in-seat airbags located, if any?

It would be useful to be able to drape a sheet over the seats, or actually use real seat covers.

Are any yet available that are properly made for the LEAF's airbag deployment?

I found the fabric to be really easy to clean actually ... I have a 2 and 3 years old, it has been raining here, and the kids - for some unknown reason - love to walk via the muddy lawn rather than the path to the car ...
So far, simply swiping with my hand has been enough to remove dirt from the back of my seat (where their shoes get on).

I think that the "plastic" nature of the fabric makes it fairly impermeable to water ... anyway, my seats still look good, and they've had mud / dirt on them more than once ...

I was thinking of spraying some of the 3M scotchguard auto fabric protector on the seats and armrest. I know on my prius (which has a similar fabric) the armrest is quite dingy and worn and I'm hoping this might protect it? Or would I need some sort of cover to have any real protection?

-Peter

If anyone finds a good seatcover, please post. I'll do the same (still looking!).

I've a couple of young kids and we've resorted to taking off their shoes before going in the car! I don't think we'll be able to keep that up for long! If we could just find protection for the back of the front seats, something that can be removed and washed periodically, we'd be pretty much good to go. Right now, the kids naturally put their feet up onto the back of the back seats. If left as is and the kids keep their shoes on, the back of the front seats will get gross pretty fast...

Ohmie said:
I've a couple of young kids and we've resorted to taking off their shoes before going in the car! I don't think we'll be able to keep that up for long! If we could just find protection for the back of the front seats, something that can be removed and washed periodically, we'd be pretty much good to go. Right now, the kids naturally put their feet up onto the back of the back seats. If left as is and the kids keep their shoes on, the back of the front seats will get gross pretty fast...
We use these in our car with leather seats. Have worked great for the past few years. Cheap protection at <$10 for a pair.

http://www.amazon.com/SafeFit-Kick-...GQGC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295323628&sr=8-1

Plenty others to select from here:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ps&field-keywords=back+seat+protector&x=0&y=0

Yes, I still wish for a darker interior, My 2 six year olds are going to drive re crazy trying to keep it clean. I would never choose this color -if given a choice

Ohmie said:
If anyone finds a good seatcover, please post. I'll do the same (still looking!).

When I get my LEAF, these are the ones I'm buying because they look great, cover the headrests, can be used with side airbags, and have lumbar support.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/sport-trax-seat-cushions/p2009875.jcwx?filterid=c15745j1#prodDetailTabPanel

gudy said:
I found the fabric to be really easy to clean actually ... I have a 2 and 3 years old, it has been raining here, and the kids - for some unknown reason - love to walk via the muddy lawn rather than the path to the car ...

LOL!! unknown maybe, uncommon?? no way!! my 3½ YO jumps in puddles to splash the water out so he can see the water run back in and here in the Pacific Northwest, there are plenty of opportunities~!~!

They look pretty good. I wonder how well they'll fit the leaf and if the lumbar support will actually be comfortable...

Ohmie said:
When I get my LEAF, these are the ones I'm buying because they look great, cover the headrests, can be used with side airbags, and have lumbar support.
http://www.jcwhitney.com/sport-trax-seat-cushions/p2009875.jcwx?filterid=c15745j1#prodDetailTabPanel

Look nice, and perhaps a good cushion, but it is not a cover for dirt problems, right?

Some would want removable covers that can be washed, covering all the surfaces, for both front and back seats.

Here's a better picture of them: http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-2291-Sport-Trax-Cushion/dp/B000BQMKKQ

And for those of you in to that wooden roller thing, there is a version with that too: http://www.amazon.com/Wagan-2426-Wooden-Sport-Cushion/dp/B0027AL3ZM

From page 1-42 of the Leaf manual:

*When sitting in the rear seat, do not
hold onto the seatback of the front
seat. If the side air bag inflates, you
may be seriously injured. Be especially
careful with children, who
should always be properly restrained.
Some examples of dangerous
riding positions are shown in
the illustrations.

*Do not use seat covers on the front
seatbacks. They may interfere with
side air bag inflation.

Based on the last Nissan survey, one has to wonder if orders placed later in the year will have the option of multiple fabric interiors, they really seemed to focus on that and I would not be surprised it that were the case sooner rather than later.

Andy said:
I just installed the SafeFit Kick Mats. Now I can at least let the kids have their shoes on! Thanks for the tip JPVLeaf!
Hey, great to hear. Glad to help out. Congratulations on having your LEAF that your kids can even TRY to get dirty. ;)
Still waiting here ... until April 2011 delivery, at least .... :cry:

I would like an aftermarket, darker, leather, seat cover. Cover King tends to make them for almost everything, of course they have neither the Leaf or the Juke listed yet. Front row leather covers for a Cube (used as a comparative), custom made to allow for the airbag are $625. As soon as they have them for the Leaf, I'm there. I bought their product for another car and they seem very well made and fit well.

Back