timbolovett
Delivery Date: 01 Mar 2018

2018 Leaf 2.0 "Service EV System. Unable to restart after power off"

Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:27 pm

Hi All! First post here... I did search but couldn't find anyone with the same issue.

My UK 2018 Leaf 2.0 Launch Edition is less than 6 months old, with under 6,000miles on the clock. Last week it failed to select Drive or Reverse with the error "Service EV System. Unable to restart after power off".

After getting her back to the dealer, we finally picked it back up two days ago. They admitted they hadn't seen the issue before and that it showed a "Rapid charger failure" diagnostic code. They couldn't confirm 100% that it was fixed but were "confident".

This morning, same thing happened. As anyone else had this? If so, and joy in proper diagnostics from a Dealer and a fix?

henrydehoja
Delivery Date: 12 Sep 2018

Re: 2018 Leaf 2.0 "Service EV System. Unable to restart after power off"

Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:05 pm

I have not seen that on my 2018 Leaf. However, it sounds like it may be an issue with the vehicle immobilizer system. Below is what I see in the manual on this system:

=================================
NISSAN VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM

The NISSAN Vehicle Immobilizer System will not allow the power switch to be placed in the READY to drive position without the
use of the registered key.

If the power switch fails to place the vehicle into the READY to drive position using the registered key, it may be due to interference
caused by another registered key, an automated toll road device or automated payment device on the key ring. Restart the
EV system using the following procedure:

1. Leave the power switch in the ON position for approximately 5 seconds.
2. Place the power switch in the OFF position and wait approximately 10 seconds.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 again.
4. Place the power switch in the READY to drive position while holding the device (which may have caused the interference) separate from the registered key.

If this procedure allows the power switch to be placed in the READY to drive mode, NISSAN recommends placing the registered key on a separate key ring to avoid interference from other devices.
=================================
2018 Nissan Leaf S w/QC
Placed in action: 9/2018

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”