Delayed Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gladitude

Estimated Delivery
Week of:
January 31, 2012
February 3, 2012
February 8, 2012
February 10, 2012
February 14, 2012

I know many of you haven't even ordered yet. I know that frustration. I ordered the same day they opened the remaining states on December 1. Has anyone had experience with how long the delivery could be delayed?

I had my charger installed this week. I'm ready here in Indiana!!

Mine got delayed from something like December 26, 2011 to actually finally getting delivered on January 14, 2012. I also ordered on first day orders opened in CO. So you're in the ballpark so far. Your might be in transit now. Did you get a VIN yet?

Gladitude said:
Estimated Delivery
Week of:
January 31, 2012
February 3, 2012
February 8, 2012
February 10, 2012
February 14, 2012

I know many of you haven't even ordered yet. I know that frustration. I ordered the same day they opened the remaining states on December 1. Has anyone had experience with how long the delivery could be delayed?

Close to a year ago mine was delayed about two months from the initial estimate.
And yes everyone's date would dance around.

My RAQ order to delivery was 231 days.

I feel your pain and I know that this will not help much. I have April 2010 deposit and still can't order. Are you better now?

That looks very familiar in precise detail - except mine moved again to 2/20 today. Same state so no big surprise we're matching (I briefly had a 1/24 though).

Supposedly it won't ship from port till 2/5. Won't get to dealer until 2/14. Why they need a week to prep I have no idea (I know they have only sold 3 - charger availability not an issue).

I waited patiently for two years but this dance back and forth at the very end just makes them look incompetent. Can buy a Volt for $200 under invoice off the lot and normally drive 20-30 miles max a day. It's very tempting not because I am impatient but because I find these dithering guesses insulting from a major company.

mine moved from January 9th, to now February 6th.

There is a VIN now (Leaf VIN: JN1AZ0CP1CT016992), but no matter, not going to take delivery :(

It's a Cayenne Red SL, at Nissan of Norwood (MA), if anyone is interested.

mitch672 said:
mine moved from January 9th, to now February 6th. There is a VIN now (Leaf VIN: JN1AZ0CP1CT016992), but no matter, not going to take delivery :( It's a Cayenne Red SL, at Nissan of Norwood (MA), if anyone is interested.
You seem awfully interested for someone who is not planning to take delivery. :D Just think, instead of waiting for the pricey Tesla Model S, you could buy the LEAF now, and keep your Prius for longer trips. I'm not saying that would be the best financial decision, though. Just keeping the Prius until it dies would probably be best financially, but obviously not as fun.

If anyone in the LA area doesn't want to wait, I have several orphans for sale at MSRP. 2 are 2011's and the rest are 2012s. If you live far away, we can price shipping for you. Be the first on your block:~)

Right now there are no orphans only in the states that still not allowed to order. Nissan still recommend to wait so one can service locally, and to me that makes a lot of sense. MSRP - $2K was recently offered by others in CA

PaulScott said:
If anyone in the LA area doesn't want to wait, I have several orphans for sale at MSRP. 2 are 2011's and the rest are 2012s. If you live far away, we can price shipping for you. Be the first on your block:~)

abasile said:
mitch672 said:
mine moved from January 9th, to now February 6th. There is a VIN now (Leaf VIN: JN1AZ0CP1CT016992), but no matter, not going to take delivery :( It's a Cayenne Red SL, at Nissan of Norwood (MA), if anyone is interested.
You seem awfully interested for someone who is not planning to take delivery. :D Just think, instead of waiting for the pricey Tesla Model S, you could buy the LEAF now, and keep your Prius for longer trips. I'm not saying that would be the best financial decision, though. Just keeping the Prius until it dies would probably be best financially, but obviously not as fun.

Not interested in doubling my car insurance costs, and spending $15K over 3 years (lease), when the fuel and TCO for what I drive is tiny over the same time period, and the EV range and choices will be better in 2-3 years. I need a 1 car solution and the Leaf isn't it. Just following along with the ludicrous delivery updates from Nissan, I find it comical.

EdmondLeaf said:
Right now there are no orphans only in the states that still not allowed to order. Nissan still recommend to wait so one can service locally, and to me that makes a lot of sense. MSRP - $2K was recently offered by others in CA

PaulScott said:

Any Nissan Dealer in the country can do your service and warranty work. It makes no difference where you buy the car.

No I haven't received the VIN yet. One of the gals told me on the phone (she acted like it was a big hint) that I would get an e-mail to set up Carwings and it would have the VIN and delivery would be 2 weeks from then. No Carwings e-mail yet.

Reserved: July 21, 2010
Ordered: December 1, 2011
Delivery: Scheduled week of February 14, 2012

Ordered:
2012 Nissan LEAF™ SL trim
blue ocean

KJD said:
Any Nissan Dealer in the country can do your service and warranty work. It makes no difference where you buy the car.

Not true. To service a LEAF, the service department has to have EV trained staff, special tools and instruments for an electric car, and a proper EVSE to charge the car.

My local Nissan dealer do not have evse yet and not sure when will install one. If problem then on the trailer and 250 miles back to Dallas. I have faith that this won't be necessary, and I will just do 1 year battery at my local dealer. Again, for not open states official Nissan position concerning Leaf purchase is "wait till service is in your area".

KJD said:

mitch672 said:

There is a VIN now (Leaf VIN: JN1AZ0CP1CT016992), but no matter, not going to take delivery :(

Sadly, I orphaned my Leaf today (they called me to tell me it was in), so if anyone in the Boston area needs a Cayenne Red SL, its at Clay Nissan, in Norwood, MA

Gladitude said:
Estimated Delivery
Week of:
January 31, 2012
February 3, 2012
February 8, 2012
February 10, 2012
February 14, 2012

Just added week of February 16 to my long projected delivery list.

Strange. I've had my VIN almost a month but getting a later date in the same state. Hardly an original genius-level insight here, but Nissan has a problem with a consistent delivery communication process....

mitch672 said:
mitch672 said:

Sadly, I orphaned my Leaf today (they called me to tell me it was in), so if anyone in the Boston area needs a Cayenne Red SL, its at Clay Nissan, in Norwood, MA

My condolences. :(

I really wish I could take it but my budget is too tight right now to manage the lease payment. :(

Back