How/where to see charging history?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakumar

Carwings shows me usage and consumption in kWh based on when I drove the car.

I'm interested in seeing a time history of when the car was charged and how much. Where can I view such records?

Sorry if this is obvious -- I couldn't find it after playing around with carwings for a bit, and this is a newbie forum after all.

Thanks.

mwalsh said:
I don't know if you can see that in CW or not, I set my car up to email (and text) ended and stopped notifications. I kept all the emailed ones as a record.

They don't have it? I'm really surprised since they have all that other stuff about trees and what-not.

Thanks for the idea about having the car notify me.

At home I have "The Energy Detective" (electric usage monitor) and I believe it can profile the current-flow ramp-up to "recognize" various devices. I haven't tried this feature, but it may be the solution for tracking the Leaf's energy draw during charging. Of course, I won't have records if I charge it away from home.

mwalsh said:
I don't know if you can see that in CW or not, I set my car up to email (and text) ended and stopped notifications. I kept all the emailed ones as a record.

I keep the Emails also, but do not always get them, when charging away from home. I still haven't done the last CW (guess-o-meter) update, BTW.

Have you noticed this happening to you?

Is their some way I am inadvertently disabling some of the Emails?

AFAIK, CW does not track charging by kWh, but the time to recharge to 80% or 100%, does closely track daily kWh use reports.

I just checked the total CW kWh use /time of several recent 80% to 80% charges, and they all came in at between about 3 and 3.1 kWh per hour of re-charging (the next day), on my 16 A modified EVSE. I believe this reflect the fact that CW reports daily kWh use as reduced by the inefficiencies of both charging and discharging, and is limited in accuracy by rounding to 0.1 kWh, and due to delays in receiving the Emails.

Battery capacity (and charge efficiency?) to 80% or 100% will also vary with battery temperature, so the kWh to recharge to either level, will never exactly match the previous day's use, from the same level.

Back