195 miles today with planning

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dndrich

Today was an interesting day with our Leaf. We drove from our house in Sonoma County to the hospital in San Rafael to visit a friend. Then a quick stop at the Blink QC at the market in San Anselmo for a top off. Now, that thing is amazing. Brought the charge up to 94% or so in about 20 minutes while I shopped for some food and got a sandwich. You could watch the percent climb while you watched it. Wow. Then, down to Stanford hospital in Palo Alto to visit yet another friend in the hospital. No I am not the finger of death. Charged at a nice L2 Chargepoint charger at the parking structure there. That one was not free, but I do not complain about paying for the electricity at all. I am just glad to have it. Got about 8 kWh there. Then, to San Francisco and the Sutter Stockton garage for a charge at the free Chargepoint L2 there, and some dinner near there. Thank you OpenTable. Very nice. Charged to about 85%, and drove home another 55 miles or so to my home with a charge of about 23% left. Didn't even hit the low battery warning.

So, it was fun to see what you can do if you plan for it, especially around here where we have a pretty good network of chargers, and even a few quick chargers. The gas car would have been more convenient to be sure, but we did what we needed to do and had a good time doing it. I definitely keep my speeds down when trying stuff like this. I think the car has about an 85 mile range right now in this kind of mixed driving that I do as long as I keep the speeds down on the freeway. Pretty good head wind coming north up to San Francisco, so that made me drive even just a bit slower too just to save some range.

Congrats, that's great to hear! It's a lot of miles for a relatively new owner. It took me a while to learn to drive about half the distance in a 24-hour period. This just goes to show what difference more mature charging infrastructure and the new 6 kW onboard charger make.
newownermnl

surfingslovak said:
Congrats, that's great to hear! It's a lot of miles for a relatively new owner. It took me a while to learn to drive about half the distance in a 24-hour period. This just goes to show what difference more mature charging infrastructure and the new 6 kW onboard charger make.
newownermnl

The 6 kW charger makes a huge difference. You can really put on meaningful miles in an hour.

Back