2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got following quote. Seems good deal, would love to hear opinion from experts here...

This is from a dealer in Bay area, CA
SL model
39 months
12,000 per year
$2500 due at signing
$169 per month + tax
~$18,300 residual (price to purchase at the end of the lease)

I test drove a 2012 Leaf SL today in Upstate NY. I like it, but this is the offer I received (after some haggling): $199/month for 39 months with $1,500 down and a $4,500 trade-in (near the low end of KBB trade-in value). Taxes, etc. are included. I'll be looking elsewhere tomorrow...

Publius said:
I test drove a 2012 Leaf SL today in Upstate NY. I like it, but this is the offer I received (after some haggling): $199/month for 39 months with $1,500 down and a $4,500 trade-in (near the low end of KBB trade-in value). Taxes, etc. are included. I'll be looking elsewhere tomorrow...

That doesn't seem like a good deal at all, at least based on what I've seen around here (Metro Atlanta region). Granted, regional incentives vary, but if other dealers cannot do better, I'd shop out of state.

For $2500 down, you could get a lease at $250 a month for 36 months here in GA. Although that's not a good deal, that's still better than what the dealer in NY was offering. Fingers crossed you get a better offer from someone else. Heck, it's the end of the year...don't they want to move whatever 2012 stock is left?

One phone call this morning to another local dealer and they're already beating yesterday's offer: Zero down, $297/month and we have yet to negotiate or talk about my trade-in.

Publius said:
One phone call this morning to another local dealer and they're already beating yesterday's offer: Zero down, $297/month and we have yet to negotiate or talk about my trade-in.

If they offer you the same for your trade in, you'd be out for less than $200 a month for 36 or 39 months. Now that sounds like a good deal! Good luck! The electric guys are here today installing my Blink charger. Woo hoo!

pswar said:
Got following quote. Seems good deal, would love to hear opinion from experts here...

This is from a dealer in Bay area, CA
SL model
39 months
12,000 per year
$2500 due at signing
$169 per month + tax
~$18,300 residual (price to purchase at the end of the lease)

Hello, I am new to post here but been reading the forum.
Just leased a SL yesterday from a bay area dealer.
36 months
15k mi/yr
$2000 drive-off
$250/mo tax included
$18090.30 residual
We also bought the prepaid 3-yr maintenance for $675.
With the federal/CA tax incentives, we are paying about $40/mo. Auto insurance is about $315 for 6 mos. adding this 3rd car. My commute is long, 32 mi each way on 85/280 so I thought the sticker would help. But today driving to work the mileage dropped to about 49 mil left (fully charged to 92 mi this morning) which is very scary. Had to stop by Mt. View Civic Center garage to recharge for 2 1/2 hrs before going home. Hope it works better for you. Good luck with your purchase/lease.

Leased a 2012 SL yesterday in Indiana
24 months
$0 down
$880 in first payment, fees, etc. due at signing
$225/mo including tax for remaining 23 months
12k miles/yr

I'm pretty happy with this deal. Didn't worry about the residual because there is zero possibility we'll purchase.

jandq said:
Leased a 2012 SL yesterday in Indiana
24 months
$0 down
$880 in first payment, fees, etc. due at signing
$225/mo including tax for remaining 23 months
12k miles/yr

I'm pretty happy with this deal. Didn't worry about the residual because there is zero possibility we'll purchase.

Sounds like a very sweet deal!

It's not as good as what some of your are getting in other locations but I was satisfied and signed the papers.

-0 down
-$233/month (with NY taxes, etc. included)
-39 months
-Those numbers include the KBB fair value for my trade-in ($4,000) but I took $1,600 of it in cash to buy a charge station and [hopefully] cover its installation (I purchased a GE Wattstation)

2012 SL from Athens Nissan GA
24 month
12,000 per year
0 down
$270/mo tax included
$21,431.20 residual

Sutherlin Nissan Mall Of GA is offering 24 month @ 240 but they're sold out. They claim they're getting more in but I got tired of waiting so I went with Athens. The drive home was a little hike. 58 miles all above 55mph, at night in 34 deg with (almost) a full charge. Made it home with one bar, 11 on the GOM.

Herm said:
Why would you buy the pre-paid maintenance?.. there is no maintenance
The finance manager was pretty believable. Told us it will cost 600 alone to get 30k mi service. Total over 3 yrs about 850+tax. We did not want to take chance paying extra when we return the car when lease ends. Wish I have done more research.

lucky4ever said:
The finance manager was pretty believable. Told us it will cost 600 alone to get 30k mi service. Total over 3 yrs about 850+tax. We did not want to take chance paying extra when we return the car when lease ends. Wish I have done more research.

The the finance manager's job. :roll: Oh well. The guy tried it with me, but since I was only doing a two year lease, it was a harder sell. The vehicle will be under warranty the entire time I have it, and the first two mandatory battery checks are covered. The only other items were tire rotation and balancing, and I can get the tires rotated for free from Kauffman Tire here in Marietta, GA. Balancing will be done if needed, and then it's only $18 per tire, but you only pay that once.

I think they were selling the two year maintenance plan at $230, but they kept noting that it also included a micro air filter that costs $90 on the open market. I looked it up, and so far, I can only see a model that costs $36. I figure that by the time I need to replace the cabin air filter, I can get one on ebay or from Advance Auto Parts for much less than the dealer would charge.

Oh well. Live and learn. If you have the car outside of the warranty period, then it might just pay off. I usually never buy extended warranties, but every now and then I do.

For example: wife's car is a 2009 VW CC. The tires cost $260 each. When we bought new tires, I paid $20 extra per tire for "full replacement" certificates (no prorated fees). She drives 15 miles each way to work, about 10 on I-75, and there is always debris on the road. We've used the coverage each time we've had it. Just recently, I hit a pot hole with the CC over the weekend and it blistered the tire. Got a brand new one for free. So it paid for itself right then and there, but I found out that Kauffman now charges $40 per tire for the same coverage I got for $20 per tire just last year. :oops:

lucky4ever said:
Herm said:
Cancel or return the pack.

srl99 said:
lucky4ever said:
Herm said:
Cancel or return the pack.

Spoke to the finance mgnr over the phone and he said we must come in to fill out the form after new year. They will submit it to Nissan corporate and takes 6 wks to get the check. So, with tire rotation and brake fluid replacement at 30k miles and possibly cabin air filter, etc, all we need to spend down the road leasing 36 mo is approx $400? Saw Other threads and blogs and its really up for debate. We'll monitor the forum and hopefully don't even need to do brake fluid flush. Thanks all!

lucky4ever said:
Spoke to the finance mgnr over the phone and he said we must come in to fill out the form after new year. They will submit it to Nissan corporate and takes 6 wks to get the check. So, with tire rotation and brake fluid replacement at 30k miles and possibly cabin air filter, etc, all we need to spend down the road leasing 36 mo is approx $400? Saw Other threads and blogs and its really up for debate. We'll monitor the forum and hopefully don't even need to do brake fluid flush. Thanks all!

If you spend $400 for tire rotation, air filter change and brake fluid flush then you are getting robbed. But if you do agree to that price, I have some swamp land in south Florida that is prime real estate. :) Seriously, you can get the brake fluid changed at a lot of places for less than $100. You can do the filter and rotate your tire by yourself if you wanted. A lot of tire places will rotate for free so that they can get you back when you are ready to buy tires.

Latest posts

Back