2011, 2012 Nissan Leaf Leasing Information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello from rhode island. I just secured a nice white pearl leaf sl 2012 lease for $169 a month for 24 months no money down. taxes registration all on me. I also used a supplier discount that was valued to an extra $750 to get this deal.
I want to thank others in the forum that showed their lease price.
There is an other 2012 leaf SL (blue) at that dealership near Boston. Maybe you can get a similar deal. Contact me if you need details I am not sure we can display name of dealership/sales man in the forum

Hi all, brand new to the forum! I got a quote for a 2012 SL, 2499 down, and 199/month, all fees on me. is that a good deal or not? I am located in Seattle area. Opinions are greatly appreciated!

shinta said:
Hi all, brand new to the forum! I got a quote for a 2012 SL, 2499 down, and 199/month, all fees on me. is that a good deal or not? I am located in Seattle area. Opinions are greatly appreciated!

$2500 down for a 2012 seems a bit steep, even at $199 a month. What all is included in the $2499? When you said "all fees on me," what all are you having to pay in addition to that? First payment? Disposition fee? All taxes? Deposit?

I would likely wait for the 2013s at that price. I would think if they had one of the few remaining 2012s, they'd want to move it. See if they bite if you offer zero down or maybe $700 or something like that. Just based on what I've seen on the forums, seems like they could do better with a 2012.

This is just my opinion based on the deal I got in GA and what I've seen on the forum. Maybe pricing is quite different in Seattle. Thanks!

Yeah, I'm thinking you can do better than that, my deal was decent(think I could have done better with more inventory available at the time)....I got my SV at $232/month-15k miles/year(equivalent to approx $215/month on 12k miles/year) .....$0 down everything included, they paid first month, true sign & drive $0 out of pocket plus 10 free rental days on a gas burner. At the time I could have gotten an SL for about $40/month more. If that $2,495 down is all-inclusive, I'm thinking they are about $60-70/month too high on an SL. Of course deals may be different today, I'm basing my thoughts on what pricing I saw in Georgia at the end of 2012.

shinta said:

Maybe 6 months ago that was a decent deal but with the 2013 right around the corner, I wouldn't even consider a 2012 SL unless it was $199 and ZERO out the door.

Northern Indiana (not exactly a hotbed of Leaf ownership) dealer and I have been discussing the lease of their demo (350 miles) 2012 SL...

Says he:

MSRP: $38,270.00
Invoice: $36,649.00
Selling Price: $36,149.00
Total discounts: $2121.00
Plus $7500 and Nissan lease cash: plus $2650.00 ($10,150.00)
Total savings: $12,271.00

1000 down (includes first payment, tax, etc)
39 months 12,000 miles per year
$262.00 per month includes tax
Residual $17,604.00 @ 46%

-OR-

39 months 15,000 miles per year
$274.00 per month includes tax
Residual $17,221.50 @ 45%

Compared to other posts, this looks like a lousy deal, yes? Or should those of us in low-volume areas expect to pay more?

Thanks for any input!

I have been on this site for a while now and finally need some help. I am in south Florida and it seems like any dealers here aren't willing to make deals. My last lease deal was Friday on a 2012 SL. Best they would do is zero down 349 a month and 1200 miles a year. Lease price was 26000 and change. Yesterday another dealer offered a 2012 SL demo for 31000 and change for a flat out buy.

I just about give up! Found a local guy here with a 2011 SL with 7000 miles for 19200.

What should I do?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Have you tried Coral Springs Nissan? They gave me a great deal on a 2012 SL back in December. They were very willing to deal back then. Michael Firestone was the sales rep, but Doug was the one that was willing to deal.

Hey Miamileaf,

They don't have any 2012's left. I tried the last week. Looks like I am going to be forced to buy a 2011.

How much does it cost to ship a car? A dealer in Wisconsin has 2 2012 SL's that they are listing at under $28,000.

http://waukeshanissan.com/Inventory/view/Make/Nissan/Model/LEAF/New/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edmunds shows all deaers have $8500 dealer cash right now.

http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2012/car-incentives.html?style=101397754&irr_section=marketing_support_irr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8500, good to know. These dealers down here are not serious about selling a 2012 leaf. Everyone I talked to don't even know their product.

x10guy said:
shinta said:

Maybe 6 months ago that was a decent deal but with the 2013 right around the corner, I wouldn't even consider a 2012 SL unless it was $199 and ZERO out the door.

Thanks for all the info, everyone. I just joined the forum, as I am looking into getting a Leaf. I have always bought used cars with cash in the past, and am looking into leasing because I want an EV, and Nissan appears to be doing a lot to incentivize leases on 2012 Leafs — at least on their advertised deals.

However, I'm being told that while my credit is good, I can't get a good deal on a lease because I've never "owned a car" (I have, and do, but haven't had a car loan). Can Shinta, Pepscae or some of the others who have gotten zero-down leases let me know if their credit history jives with my situation?

I'm looking at an SL and was offered $6000 down and $222.50 for 36 months. Seeing as I have cash on hand to pay for the full $199 36-month lease, I find this $5000 hike from the advertised $1999/$199/mo. lease rather appalling. I'd just as soon leave it and save for another year than take the offer.

I originally thought the deal with the $1999 down payment sounded good as advertised, but now I'm wondering I should actually push for lower than that. If anyone can give me some insight as to whether the first-car-loan thing really hinders me that much, please do — I'd really appreciated it.

Thanks!

UPDATE:
I was offered $300 a month after tax ($282 pre), zero down (not sure how much all the fees would be as I wasn't wooed enough to go into it), or $199 a month with $3000 down for a 2012 SL. The dealer assured me that was the lowest they'd go. So not quite as good as others are getting, but better than before. I told them I'd think it over.

nsps said:
UPDATE:
I was offered $300 a month after tax ($282 pre), zero down (not sure how much all the fees would be as I wasn't wooed enough to go into it), or $199 a month with $3000 down for a 2012 SL. The dealer assured me that was the lowest they'd go. So not quite as good as others are getting, but better than before. I told them I'd think it over.

You would probably get the MY13 for this price. $334 with 2k down MSRP, $174 for VPP ! Figure, somewhere in between if you just negotiate.

evnow said:
nsps said:
UPDATE:

You would probably get the MY13 for this price. $334 with 2k down MSRP, $174 for VPP ! Figure, somewhere in between if you just negotiate.

Thanks a lot for the info—if I can't get a better offer I'll just wait for MY13. This is the last 2012 in the area so not much shopping around to do. Stupid question: What is vpp? (I tried to Google it, but all I got was ebay's vehicle purchase protection.)

Back