2011 Recall

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thankyouOB

Hey,
can someone tell me the number or name of the recall work that involved reconfiguring how the battery status is reported out on the dashboard.
I have my LEAF in service and they want to do a recall, but I dont remember the name or code onthe one from about 2 years ago that changed the dashboard report of battery status.
thanks.

i did a search but got thousands of answers.

thankyouOB said:
Hey,
can someone tell me the number or name of the recall work that involved reconfiguring how the battery status is reported out on the dashboard.
I have my LEAF in service and they want to do a recall, but I dont remember the name or code onthe one from about 2 years ago that changed the dashboard report of battery status.
thanks.

i did a search but got thousands of answers.

The "hidden bars" update? It was P1273. I rue the day I got it on mine. You know they did away with that again on the 2012, right (or maybe it was the 2013)? So I'm not even sure it's still being offered.

thankyouOB said:
If you are talking about battery capacity bars, it is P3227.

i dont know which of those two it is.
i was talking about the one that recalibrated how battery capacity was displayed in what I call the usage bars; those are the bars that get used up as you drive.

thankyouOB said:
i was talking about the one that recalibrated how battery capacity was displayed in what I call the usage bars; those are the bars that get used up as you drive.

That would be the one I mentioned. Made it so that, before the update, you were pretty well done when you got down to the last of the two bars in the "red zone". After the update you still had ~1.5 worth of bars left after you'd used the last one you can see on the dash.

mwalsh said:
thankyouOB said:

That would be the one I mentioned. Made it so that, before the update, you were pretty well done when you got down to the last of the two bars in the "red zone". After the update you still had ~1.5 worth of bars left after you'd used the last one you can see on the dash.

right. that is the one.

separately, i learned that they are going to give me some kind of battery capacity read out that is more finely calibrated than the 12-bar measurements.
i am not sure what that is, but it sounds like a version of gids.

thankyouOB said:
separately, i learned that they are going to give me some kind of battery capacity read out that is more finely calibrated than the 12-bar measurements. i am not sure what that is, but it sounds like a version of gids.

That sort of sounds like P3227. If it turns out it's not, I'd be interested to hear exactly what it is.

BTW, I really wouldn't get P1273 again, if I had the choice. I think that it really puts your car at odds with everything that's been built subsequent to the 2012/13 model year (I'll have to figure out exactly when), where the bars behave the same way as they did from the very beginning!

how many computers are there in this car? I would think if it used a common computer, one update would include all of the previous ones, and would affect all systems of the car. There's a new safety recall for something to do with the system not arming the passenger airbag when a passenger is riding in the seat. If I have that update done, would it include the recent updates for battery health and other things?

One of those updates also made the doors beep when open and decrease my regeneration abilities at colder temperatures. There was also the "grabby" brakes update done on My11 also.

I'd have to go check my file for the actual campaign number but the update in early 2012 added the 1.5 bar pad below zero bars, added the beeper if the door was opened with the car on, and added the "Shift to P" warning on the dash. It also included a new owner's manual. Here is the thread on it: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7890&hilit=shift+to+park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't remember any reports of regen being affected by this update...

The P3227 update in mid 2013 added improved temperature compensation and accuracy to the BMS and reduced the regen under some circumstances.
That thread is here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13273&hilit=p3227" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the one on the grabby brake firmware update: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10239&hilit=grabby+brake+reprogram" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TomT said:
I'd have to go check my file for the actual campaign number but the update in early 2012 added the 1.5 bar pad below zero bars, added the beeper if the door was opened with the car on, and added the "Shift to P" warning on the dash. It also included a new owner's manual. Here is the thread on it: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=7890&hilit=shift+to+park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't remember any reports of regen being affected by this update...

Agreed on all points. Is the car supposed to read "Shift to P" or "Shift to Park"? Mine reads "Shift to Prange". WORST...UPDATE...EVER!

Yep, to both! "Shift to Prange" as in P Range... Heaven knows why they couldn't have just said Park or even P...
If I had known then what I know now, I would have never had that update done!

mwalsh said:
Agreed on all points. Is the car supposed to read "Shift to P" or "Shift to Park"? Mine reads "Shift to Prange". WORST...UPDATE...EVER!

Just as an FYI, one should be able to download PDFs of most Leaf TSBs, service campaigns and recall procedures and noticed at http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=651#.U4bSGnazQuh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase.html?catid=691#.U4bSFnazQuh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

You just need to register for a free account, which allows you to DL 2 files/day via the 3.5" disk icon...

Back