2012 Leaf Trade in value

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negotiating skills play an important part in buying a car (or any big ticket item for that matter). For example, many early adopters left money on the table by agreeing to MSRP, while many others including myself negotiated a much better price. In my situation, I was able to settle on a price that was abut $2k under MSRP, and that was in May of 2011.

Regardless of what price that was negotiated for a LEAF, I think that the vast majority are happy with their car.

You have to put the price into the time frame. I purchased an orphan that was marked up $500 for list. It was 1 0f 2 Leaf's on the lot. Nearly everyone had pre-ordered the car. Tustin Nissan was getting $1800 over list. Fontana Nissan was about the only dealer discounting and I found them only after joining the forum with car in hand.

newownermnl
The early online ordering process did not involve direct dealer interaction, and it could be very slow. Getting quotes from five dealers could take several weeks. The workaround was to call ahead and "pre-arrange" a sale before sending an online quote request.

That's what a number of early buyers ended up doing. That said, if you were not part of this community, did not have time to call around or did not live on the West Coast, you likely wound up paying sticker. There are even folks who purchased orphans at a significant markup over MSRP.

Although nobody likes to overpay, it's part of the gamble and risk early adopters often take on when purchasing a new product. I believe that many of the early LEAF buyers did that willingly, and even enthusiastically. Let's hope that there will an opportunity for those wanting to upgrade to a 2013 LEAF to do so at reasonable cost, and without taking a huge bath. There is a number of things that could work in their favor later this year. The $1,000 loyalty rebate is a start.

SF BayLEAFs is working with Nissan's Business Development Team to bring the companies that our members work for into Nissan's VPP(Vehicle Purchase Program) corporate offering. This will not only to provide extremely favorable pricing for Nissan vehicles including the LEAF for these companies and their employees, but also very favorable terms for the installation of Nissan sourced L2 & L3 workplace EVSE for the participating companies.

This program can provide LEAF early adopters with great baseline pricing on new LEAFs that would be on top of any retail pricing incentives in effect at the time of purchase or lease.

If you are interested in getting your company involved in this program, PM me, and I will provide you and your company an introduction to the right people at Nissan.

OrientExpress said:
SF BayLEAFs is working with Nissan's Business Development Team to bring the companies that our members work for into Nissan's VPP(Vehicle Purchase Program) corporate offering. This will not only to provide extremely favorable pricing for Nissan vehicles including the LEAF for these companies and their employees, but also very favorable terms for the installation of Nissan sourced L2 & L3 workplace EVSE for the participating companies.

This program can provide LEAF early adopters with great baseline pricing on new LEAFs that would be on top of any retail pricing incentives in effect at the time of purchase or lease.

If you are interested in getting your company involved in this program, PM me, and I will provide you and your company an introduction to the right people at Nissan.
From my brief time reading this forum, that VPP offering looks like a fabulous opportunity for those who qualify -- bringing the Leaf within financial reach of many who perhaps could not otherwise afford the car. As a small business owner though with myself and two employees, I can only stand outside on the sidewalk and look longingly through the window at all of that discounted Leaf candy in the Nissan store. I completely understand the power in numbers and wide visibility afforded Nissan in partnerships like this, but I -- and many other "mom & pops" out there -- remain hopeful that perhaps one day Nissan and other companies will throw a bone to the "backbone" of American Business.

I know... I need a little cheese with that whine, so I'll get off my soapbox and recede back into the shadows of forum lurking :lol: </rant>

OrientExpress said:
My wife works for American Express. How does a company become part of this program ?

Back