2014 Rumor for Nissan Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GetOffYourGas said:
You guys with 2000+ posts ... I don't know how you do it. And I sometimes wonder if some of you could use other hobbies ;)
How do you know "we" don't have other "hobbies" as well ?

ps : I don't consider this a "hobby" at all. This is not like collecting stamps or some such totally irrelevant stuff.

GetOffYourGas said:
EVDRIVER said:
Fans under the fornt grill that generate power from the wind on the freeway and extra generators on the back wheels that create more range while driving at high speed

Seriously? We're still playing this game? Sorry, Nissan is not on the verge of inventing the perpetual motion machine.

(Fans under the grill will create more drag, which will use more energy to overcome than they will generate. Same with generators on the back wheels.)

I am so glad you set me straight on that :lol: :roll: I guess my $100K investments in overunity were not a good idea.

All: Do remember that one can never quite be sure when EV is trying to be funny ... or not. It is a very fine line. :D

EVDRIVER said:
Fans under the front grill that generate power from the wind on the freeway and extra generators on the back wheels that create more range while driving at high speed as well as 300lbs of solar panels on the roof. Carpet that is sprayed on in two coats not just one, and something that resembles a navigation system not a kid's toy. Last option, a sub $40K Tesla that is smaller than a Model S that I will run out and buy immediately!

evnow said:
GetOffYourGas said:
You guys with 2000+ posts ... I don't know how you do it. And I sometimes wonder if some of you could use other hobbies ;)

ps : I don't consider this a "hobby" at all. This is not like collecting stamps or some such totally irrelevant stuff.
Right, I think the community on this forum has had a direct and measurable impact. The number of news articles and video reports based on the information shared on the forum is nothing short of astounding. Along with GMV and TMC, MNL is one of the main hubs serving early EV drivers and prospects. Although not everyone has the time and inclination to contribute actively, I think our goals and interest are all the same.

Personally, I joined because I found it difficult to figure out everything on my own, and this forum already contained a lot of valuable information. Since I benefitted greatly from the advice of others, I felt motivated to give back. I'm not sure what drives others, but that would be my explanation for posting here. Plus you always learn something new. I'm installing fans under the front grill next ;-)

TomT said:
All: Do remember that one can never quite be sure when EV is trying to be funny ... or not. It is a very fine line. :D
But that's what makes it fun, doesn't it?

surfingslovak said:
evnow said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Right, I think the community on this forum has had a direct and measurable impact. The number of news articles and video reports based on the information shared on the forum is nothing short of astounding. Along with GMV and TMC, MNL is one of the main hubs serving early EV drivers and prospects. Although not everyone has the time and inclination to contribute actively, I think our goals and interest are all the same.

Personally, I joined because I found it difficult to figure out everything on my own, and this forum already contained a lot of valuable information. Since I benefitted greatly from the advice of others, I felt motivated to give back. I'm not sure what drives others, but that would be my explanation for posting here. Plus you always learn something new. I'm installing fans under the front grill next ;-)

TomT said:
But that's what makes it fun, doesn't it?

Please be advised that I have a method patent pending on grill, hood, and roof mounted fan generators. LEAFAN is pending a trademark domestically and internationally. My Dragmaster TM rear wheel-mounted generators have been tested to add at least 100 lbs of dead useless weight that could otherwise be left out and I don't expect the efficiency gains to be more than simply increasing the regen on the existing traction drive. The point is you are going to want it and you will want to post about it. It will not be UL approved and I hope it is the poster child of OT discussion on all threads on MNL.

I am sure we will get some new members with names like BobD, SteveK, BillyC, with first time concerned posts that will start off like... "Will the Dragmaster TM void my warranty and what are the implications of it burning down my house and will Nissan implement this in the 2014 LEAF?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

EVDRIVER said:
I am sure we will get some new members with names like BobD, SteveK, BillyC, with first time concerned posts that will start off like... "Will the Dragmaster TM void my warranty and what are the implications of it burning down my house and will Nissan implement this in the 2014 LEAF?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK, now I regret posting in this thread. I should have known better ;-)

derkraut said:
jim said:
My salesman told me when I leased the Leaf that Nissan would allow me to extend the lease for up to one year buy just continuing to make my current lease payment. I've been meaning to call Nissan Motor Acceptance to verify that.
You believe what an auto salesman tells you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haha. Not at all. :D But it is more misinformation dealers are pushing to sell the cars. Although, this salesman did know quite a bit about the car, which I didn't expect.

I'm still going to call Nissan to see what they say about it.

I heard a rumor that the 2014 might have 2 interior colors this year.
Wouldn't that just be amazing ?
Sorry black leather is not my favorite.

jim said:
My salesman told me when I leased the Leaf that Nissan would allow me to extend the lease for up to one year buy just continuing to make my current lease payment. I've been meaning to call Nissan Motor Acceptance to verify that.
I won't be surprised if NMAC does that. They are getting more than they would if they re-leased it, since the car depreciates slower after 2 or 3 years.

I just called NMAC. They said they will extend the lease on a month by month basis depending on your reason for the extension. The terms stay the same as the original lease, with mileage being adjusted based on the original terms. There may be an increase in the monthly payment if the sales tax changes, say if you move to another state or jurisdiction. There is a form you need to fill out and it needs to be approved. So it looks like they will extend the lease if necessary.

I missed the report that the backup camera will be standard on all models in 2014. Not surprising, aren't they required on all cars in 2015?

Sounds like that's about the only change coming except for improved ev-it system... to better inform drivers where all th qc stations aren't.

DanCar said:
tiblot said:
Not gonna happen. The LE has been put on hold indefinitely.
This to me gives more weight to the theory that the fastback will be released as a Leaf for 2014.

Doubtful, as Nissan just discontinued the Altima coupe due to poor sales. The 2013 Altima coupes were also based on the previous Altima sedan and were not redesigned for MY 2013 like the sedan was.

Back