25% off entire Leviton.com order, including EVSEs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lion

Leviton is running a 25% off your entire order promotion until the end of the month, which also covers their car charging stations (EVSE). While their store pricing is higher than say Home Depot, the 'Evr-Green 300 Level 2, 30A, 240V Electric Vehicle Charging Station, 7.2kW output, cord-connected, 18' charge connector cord, EVB45-3PT' becomes a pretty good deal, as it would be $750 (plus tax in some states) for this unit, which is even cheaper than the Aerovironment deal a while back, and beats the deal Home Depot offers.

They are also offering free shipping (and a gift), but the free shipping part wasn't working for me, so you might have to call them to adjust your order.

Not sure where to post this, but feel free to move the post if needed.

Free ground shipping on orders over $100
Save 25% on most orders! Use code SUMMER13

I was excited when I saw your post...until I looked at the pricing for the 16A version: Leviton just isn't competitive @3.3kW compared to what's out there now. Even if they priced it the same as the L1 charger, it would be a stretch even @25% off :(
Thanks for posting.

Yea the 30A EVSE is the only 'deal', the others are marked up for sure :(

I posted 'leviton.com' instead of just that 30A charging station since it also applies to other parts, such as the J1772 cables, which OpenEVSE builders will appreciate.

Given that the Bosch units are starting to ship next week and the EMW Juicebox might be shipping at the end of July, I expect to see LOTS of companies discounting their units or dropping pricing.

I emailed the Juicebox guys to see if they will offer any warranty and see if they can provide a pic of the basic unit assembled... this seems to be best deal going. You get an EVSE capable of 60 amps for under $400. Assuming they deliver...

Roy

rwalker said:
Given that the Bosch units are starting to ship next week and the EMW Juicebox might be shipping at the end of July, I expect to see LOTS of companies discounting their units or dropping pricing.

I emailed the Juicebox guys to see if they will offer any warranty and see if they can provide a pic of the basic unit assembled... this seems to be best deal going. You get an EVSE capable of 60 amps for under $400. Assuming they deliver...

Roy

I would use caution with any EVSE purchase including the juicebox, based on their pictures on their kickstarter page the relays shown are only rated to 30A. Also the CTs they are picturing for the premimum unit do not appear to be GFCI type. Looks like the are using 2 standard CTs and trying to get a delta between the two, if so the resolution will not be anywhere near GFCI standards.

Questions on the 60A rating have been asked on the Kickstarter page and over on DIYelectriccar and so far have gone unanswered.

I tried to order the 30 amp J1772 plug and cable using the above promo code, and got the following message
"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered is not valid for the item(s) included in this order. Please check the details of the offer and try again, or enter a different promotional code. "

so I cancelled the order.

wow, did you try contacting someone via live chat? I just asked them via twitter, I'll post if they answer.
Here is their original announcement:

SUMMER BLOWOUT SALE! Receive 25% OFF your order on the Leviton E-Store & Free Gift! Use code "SUMMER13" Ends 6/30

Didn't see any mention of restrictions anywhere on the site.

[/quote]

Didn't see any mention of restrictions anywhere on the site.[/quote]

The E-mail I recieved said. "Limited Offer, excludes all electric vehicle related items."

I verified with their sales folks that the EVSE qualified, which it did, really surprised they are putting a restriction on the cord set.

Ok, so I managed to get a new code from them which works with the EV accessories.

Code is THANKYOU and gives you 10% (which is still better than anything out there).

Let me know if you have any trouble.

chris1howell said:
I would use caution with any EVSE purchase including the juicebox, based on their pictures on their kickstarter page the relays shown are only rated to 30A. Also the CTs they are picturing for the premimum unit do not appear to be GFCI type. Looks like the are using 2 standard CTs and trying to get a delta between the two, if so the resolution will not be anywhere near GFCI standards.

Questions on the 60A rating have been asked on the Kickstarter page and over on DIYelectriccar and so far have gone unanswered.

They answered my question today about the 30A vs. 60A question. The short answer is yes the final version will be 60A capable. The slightly longer answer is that prototype does indeed have 30A relays.

I have no affiliation w/ the EMW folks.

arnold

If you are concerned about the JuiceBox's capability to deliver 30A then you can either:
1. Program it to tell EVs not to draw more than 24A (the usual 80% backoff as per the NEC)
2. Substitute a 40A (or 75A or higher if you want to allow 60A in future) relay in your JuiceBox.
Since we are talking about an observation made on a prototype unit, I am sure that the final product will be different from that since the KickStarter campaign is meant to give them the capital to actually build these units and they have posted yesterday that they will make the control board of the JuiceBox Arduino-compatible, so the hardware design is by no means fixed yet.
They have achieved over 50% of their required funding in about 1 week, so it looks like it is going to happen.
In the interest of Full Disclosure: I *did* recently back them by pledging to buy their $99 kit
which means that I will have to supply the cords, but I will get the electronics from this project.
Should be fun to build a home charging station, capable of anything between 24 and 60 Amps,
based on the choices that I make in assembling it.
BTW, I also looked up their address from the EMW website and saw that I can go there in my EV, in case I want to pick up the kit if they are OK in avoiding shipping charges or if there is another reason to visit them.

Not really, did you see my earlier post?, The 40A Level 2 Leviton Charger is $500 off at Amazon.com

Much better than a 10% discount from Leviton.

http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-EVB40-PST-9-6KW-Charging-Station/dp/B00DG147DQ/ref=dp_ob_title_hi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lion said:
Ok, so I managed to get a new code from them which works with the EV accessories.

Code is THANKYOU and gives you 10% (which is still better than anything out there).

Let me know if you have any trouble.

I guess you didn't read my post, as I indicated not everything was a great deal ;) The 40A is one of those examples.

I did read your posts. To me you're wasting your money on 2010 technology. I don't want a 2010 30A charger for $750. I want a 2013 40A charger for $1099 shipped. That gives me more future use. When I buy a 2018 EV that has a 10kWh charger then my 40A Leviton 9.6kWh will be able to charge a lot closer than the 7.2kWh charger that Leviton made in 2010.

lion said:
I guess you didn't read my post, as I indicated not everything was a great deal ;) The 40A is one of those examples.

Back