2nd LEAF in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Montoo -
I bringing mine to the Plug-In Day Event at the Sustainablity Park Sunday afternoon. I hope some of you can be there. I think I am going to be testing the range or my nerves a little before I get home. Not sure how big the event is really going to be but they have big plans, food and a movie should be enough.

Blue SL
Schneider charge station installed

lektrik said:
Montoo -
I bringing mine to the Plug-In Day Event at the Sustainablity Park Sunday afternoon. I hope some of you can be there. I think I am going to be testing the range or my nerves a little before I get home. Not sure how big the event is really going to be but they have big plans, food and a movie should be enough.

Blue SL
Schneider charge station installed

Did not know about this event. I will surely come. Looks like other EVs will be on display there as well. Thx

Sweet!
Mine still stuck at Jan 12 :(

Did you hear any more from Colorado about what rebate they plan to offer on the 2012? IIRC 2011 was around $4k.

Also, remind me on the details of EVSE rebates (fed, state)?

milanski said:
Sweet!
Mine still stuck at Jan 12 :(

Did you hear any more from Colorado about what rebate they plan to offer on the 2012? IIRC 2011 was around $4k.
I haven't tried to contact the DOR again. I will wait until tax time next year to see if they have updated the information in their "FYI Income 9 Alternative Fuel Income Tax Credits" document. If not, I think I will make my own estimates of the "Incremental Price Difference" and if they don't like it, we can discuss it.
Also, remind me on the details of EVSE rebates (fed, state)?
So far as the EVSE tax credit goes, my recollection is that the federal credit ends this year. I believe that it is 30% of the cost of purchasing and installing an EVSE, with a cap of $1000. For more details, you can take a look at the draft Form 8911 for 2011.

It appears that the state Alternative fuel refueling facility credit ended at the end of last year. I'm not aware of any new one for this year.

Does anyone know anything different about any of this stuff?

My date changed today... went from "month of December" to "week of December 16". Anyone else in CO see a change in your dates? :geek:

My arrival date is the month of January. I ordered my 2012 Leaf from Larry Miller Nissan in the middle of October.

I'm buying the Leaf in 2011 but taking possession in 2012. I better get the tax credit.

Mine also changed today, but just from "Week of December 08, 2011" to "Week of December 09, 2011".

I presume that the car is sitting in Long Beach awaiting transport to my chosen dealer in Oregon.

Cars need to have their transaction date, tax, title and plate in 2011 to get the tax credit.

Nate

1. What are the chances that the car could arrive BEFORE January as planned?

2. I don't see why I can't do the transaction with tax, title and plate before the car arrives. As long as a I have VIN available it should be pretty easy-right?

3. Well, I'm buying the EVSE in December. I'll for sure get that tax credit.

4. The federal tax credit is already built into the lease price.

5. The only credit I really want/need besides the EVSE credit is the State of Colorado credit for EV's.

Should be able to close the deal once you have a VIN. I guess technically the law says the transaction has to occur in 2011, whatever that means. Maybe the plates and title can wait until 2012 if the actual transaction date is 2011. The best way to do this, by the way, is simply to claim the credit on your 2011 taxes and let them decide if they want to fight over the transaction date.

Nate

Our goal is to promote EV and get more people to see benefit of owning one. I will be happy with every new one around, as of first kind of hard to be number 1, Nissan delivered more that 10,000.

McDavis said:
Dammit. We're third? D'oh! I was all, "Look at us, we're driving around and we're the only ones." Well, there goes that.

McDavis said:
Dammit. We're third? D'oh! I was all, "Look at us, we're driving around and we're the only ones." Well, there goes that.
Did you get your delivery in Colorado? If Yes, then, you might be the first one to get a Leaf delivery in Colorado.
Folks have had out of state delivery of Leaf, but i have not heard of anyone getting a Colorado delivery yet.

There were about three leaf's at the Denver National Plug In Day event in October. The black one was from San Diego. I'm not sure where the other two were purchased.

montoo said:
McDavis said:
Did you get your delivery in Colorado? If Yes, then, you might be the first one to get a Leaf delivery in Colorado.
Folks have had out of state delivery of Leaf, but i have not heard of anyone getting a Colorado delivery yet.

Yeah, I ordered right when the website opened up for Colorado, and I've got a delivery date of "week of January 02, 2012". :(

I was in San Diego last week for Thanksgiving. I saw 3 or 4 there driving around town. I'm looking forward to seeing similar numbers here in Colorado soon.

Back