2nd LEAF in Colorado?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
batzman said:
I should know soon..... my date hasn't changed.... it is still week of December 16.
batzman, Did you enable Carwings yet and get your VIN? If so, when did this happen?

Thanks.

No carwings or VIN yet. Nissan CS continues to tell me nothing has changed and I should expect the car. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping.

Got an update the other day from Nissan. Delivery date has been updated from month of January to January 13th. Just got my Eaton residential EVSE level 2 charger. Can't wait to get it installed this month.

Well after hounding Nissan CS... I received my VIN... their lack of information is ridiculous. I do know that my dealer has his VIN and is expected to receive his LEAF next week (week of the 23rd).

So I'm not sure when mine will be blowing through... but I am losing hope that it will be this year.

If you have the VIN you can close the deal before the 31st and get the tax credit.

Nate

I've also got a leaf coming, week of 16 jan, to boulder. I have a vin, but wasn't going to try and close the deal by dec 31st. I know the Colorado rebate drops on jan 1 from 85% to 75% of the difference with a comparable vehicle, but figured it doesn't matter because of the $6k cap. In Other words, for 2012, the leaf has to be at least $8k more than a conventional ice in Order to get the full $6k rebate.

Surely, the leaf meets that.

Is there a fault in my logic? Thanks

nater said:
If you have the VIN you can close the deal before the 31st and get the tax credit.

Nate
"enable Carwings" link on my Nissan portal just became active and my date shows Jan 6. I remember a Nissan spokesperson at Leaf test drive said the same thing about being able to purchase once you have a VIN# and being able to get tax credit based on that, i wish i had taken her contact info. Nate, do you know of anyone who has closed the deal before 31st like this?

Checked my status the other day. My date has been moved from Jan 13th to Jan 20th. Also, I received the email invitation to the Nissan owners portal today.

I will love to have your rebate, it is nice compared with OK rebate of $0
milanski said:
I've also got a leaf coming, week of 16 jan, to boulder. I have a vin, but wasn't going to try and close the deal by dec 31st. I know the Colorado rebate drops on jan 1 from 85% to 75% of the difference with a comparable vehicle, but figured it doesn't matter because of the $6k cap. In Other words, for 2012, the leaf has to be at least $8k more than a conventional ice in Order to get the full $6k rebate.

milanski said:

Here is what has been quoted in this forum before
The incremental price difference (IPD) for the Nissan leaf is $12,250, which is higher then they originally posted, so the tax credit should be turning out to be:
$12,250.00(IPD) - $7,500(FTC) = 4,750
$4,750 x 0.85 = $4,038
Your tax credit is $4,038.00

For 2012 this will go down to 4750 * 0.75 = $3562
means CO Rebate for 2012 will be $475 less than 2011.

montoo said:
nater said:

Nate
"enable Carwings" link on my Nissan portal just became active and my date shows Jan 6. I remember a Nissan spokesperson at Leaf test drive said the same thing about being able to purchase once you have a VIN# and being able to get tax credit based on that, i wish i had taken her contact info. Nate, do you know of anyone who has closed the deal before 31st like this?

I don't, but it's up to the bank and the dealer, not the state law. I worked at a Toyota dealer for years, cars were routinely sold in person, via phone, fax, etc, and handed over to the customer at a later date. The sale date is the transaction date, not the date you drive it home. Nowadays, the opposite is also true, I test drove a car on a Saturday afternoon; the dealer sent it home with me and told me to come back on Monday to close the deal if I wanted the car.

Also, when I worked at the dealer, there was a huge push on the last day of every month to date paperwork that day, with everything finished out the following month.

Nate

nater said:
montoo said:
nater said:

Nate

I don't, but it's up to the bank and the dealer, not the state law. I worked at a Toyota dealer for years, cars were routinely sold in person, via phone, fax, etc, and handed over to the customer at a later date. The sale date is the transaction date, not the date you drive it home. Nowadays, the opposite is also true, I test drove a car on a Saturday afternoon; the dealer sent it home with me and told me to come back on Monday to close the deal if I wanted the car.

Also, when I worked at the dealer, there was a huge push on the last day of every month to date paperwork that day, with everything finished out the following month.

Nate
For the federal rebate, I checked on this awhile back since my Leaf probably isn't going to be here until January, but I might have the VIN in December. The instructions on Form 8936 are very clear and include:
- You are the owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is leased, only the lessor and not the lessee, is entitled to the credit;
- You placed the vehicle in service during your tax year;
- The original use of the vehicle began with you;
- You acquired the vehicle for use or to lease to others, and not for resale; and
- You use the vehicle primarily in the United States.

The real killer is the second bullet, "You placed the vehicle in service during the tax year." OK, maybe you could talk the bank and the dealership into closing the sale and taking your money even before it got there, but your risking significant penalties if you get audited.

In any case, good luck and enjoy the Leaf!

Leaf Spotting!!!!

Colorado Leafers:

While running errands with the family yesterday, my daughter spotted a lone Blue Ocean Leaf on a vehicle transport trailer heading west on County Line Road at Broadway in Littleton!!!!

Who's claiming this one? :shock:

It isn't mine. I chose Cayenne.... :D

It could've been a Versa? Nah, I'm sure it was a Leaf headed to Larry Miller Nissan which is my dealer; but I ordered Glacier Pearl.

I've never looked so forward to a vehicle in my life. I need my Leaf!!

After more than 2 years of obsessive research and waiting, my poor family can pick out a Leaf by looking at nothing more than a license-plate bolt! :D

It was most certainly a Leaf. But Batzman may be right; it could have been a dealer demo.

I too am purchasing (actually leasing) my 2012 Leaf SL from Larry Miller, GREENEV.

Back