411 on volontary recall P1273 LEAF VCM LBC TCU NTB12-014

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saywatt said:
It may be that "apron bracketer, third class" at the Nissan plant missed a few random days of work! :lol:
Remember the good ol days - - go into the parts department, and whether you wanted a piece of floor molding, or clutch plate ... they usually had it in stock. Ahhhh, the joys of 'just in time' deliveries.
:lol: RIGHT
Pipcecil said:
. . . . . . . . snip . . . . . . . . It appears the recall is in three pieces of upgrades. Taking with the rep, my car has received 2 of the 3. I explained how this was kindof odd since I never took the car into the shop. He said both were delievered on Jan 25th via carwings download. So, they updated the car remotely. The only remaining item (that couldn't be done remotely) is the door chime fix. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snip
So - they can download the apron thingie ....... WOAH ... start trek beaming platform. Now THAT's what I call a must have Leaf Accessory!
:D

hill said:
Remember the good ol days - - go into the parts department...

i remember them as well. what i saved in gas driving around back then was taken away from me by paying much higher prices based on limited local purchase options which is why back in them days, the Sears Catalog was the family staple.

today?? Amazon.com "it aint just a bookstore anymore!"

Stoaty said:
bowthom said:
Charged me $107.50 for the 7500 mile service + 5.22 environmental fee.

Environmental fee?

Is that to dispose of the used motor oil that your EV doesn't have?
(Thinking it might be a standard fee since their paperwork assumes an oil change?)

To me, the bigger deal is that they charged 110 bucks for a 7,500 mile service that the Leaf does not need... The only thing listed under the regular service schedule at 7,500 is a tire rotation...

TEG said:
Stoaty said:
bowthom said:
Charged me $107.50 for the 7500 mile service + 5.22 environmental fee.
Environmental fee? Is that to dispose of the used motor oil that your EV doesn't have?
(Thinking it might be a standard fee since their paperwork assumes an oil change?)

Went in for the TCU recall and only got TCU and Front Display upgrades. They didn't do the other recall issues.
Went back to the dealer and said that I also had the "Telematics" problem where Carwings went offline and I had to pull the fuse to reboot it. I thought they would just do it as part of the TCU NTB12-014 recall, but because the Telematics problem requires a swap out of the SD Card in order to update the Boot Ware(NK1) and the Application (NK2) to 147 my dealer didn't do it because I didn't report it. I see that newer cars actually have 157 now, but at least I know that the recall for the connection for Carwings has now been fixed. Problem was that cell phone data connection swaps between AT&T and T-Mobile and when swapping between them it would hang. So while the recall notice that went out only addresses the Front Display and the TCU software, you need to be sure you also get the "Telematics" recall which should move your Boot Ware and Application version to at least 147.

See other posts here.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5176" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ingineer said:
This is because the dealer tech screwed up and didn't clear the DTC's that are set as part of the upgrade procedure. If you don't want to take it back, you can disconnect the negative lead of your 12V battery (under the hood) for a few minutes. Be sure you are not charging if you perform this.

-Phil

I'm at the dealerships and they are having problems making the DTC code go away. The report indicates "HV BATTERY SYSTEM".

Phil, if I disconnect the 12v, do I lose my radio stations, timers, CARWINGS settings, etc, or just the dash clock?

amtoro said:
Phil, if I disconnect the 12v, do I lose my radio stations, timers, CARWINGS settings, etc, or just the dash clock?

you would lose them but it takes all of what?? 5 minutes to re enter them?

sounds like you might have other issues thou. let us know if the battery reset works

hill said:
So - they can download the apron thingie ....... WOAH ... start trek beaming platform. Now THAT's what I call a must have Leaf Accessory!
:D

In a few years time your dealer may well be able to download the apron thingie for you!

Simply import your 3D datafile into our Z-print software....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QP73uTJApw[/youtube]

Had the upgrade on Wednesday. Wife mentioned on Thursday that there is a high-pitched 'whine' upon acceleration. Driving it today with her, I can't hear it, but that doesn't surprise me depending on how high it is.

Does anyone else notice it?

They all do that and have from the beginning. It has nothing to do with the upgrade. Some people are just more sensitive to it than others...

Dennisj00 said:
Had the upgrade on Wednesday. Wife mentioned on Thursday that there is a high-pitched 'whine' upon acceleration. Driving it today with her, I can't hear it, but that doesn't surprise me depending on how high it is. Does anyone else notice it?

DaveinOlyWA said:
amtoro said:

you would lose them but it takes all of what?? 5 minutes to re enter them?

sounds like you might have other issues thou. let us know if the battery reset works

The code was generated by the battery warmer; Nissan issues a bulletin asking to disconnect the 12v battery to clear it. All done now

Dennisj00 said:
Had the upgrade on Wednesday. Wife mentioned on Thursday that there is a high-pitched 'whine' upon acceleration. Driving it today with her, I can't hear it, but that doesn't surprise me depending on how high it is.

Yes. I love it. It sounds like the future. :mrgreen:

Dennisj00 said:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3681" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Leafboy said:
If you set the timer's off time only, it will automatically calculate the time to turn on. It will charge to 100% or 80% whichever you have chosen.

If I clear the start time and tell it to finish by 5am, it will finish at 02:15 and start at around 20:15. Now, this translates to 105 minutes charging at peak rate, 3 hours at off peak, and only 75 minutes at super-off-peak. So instead I have to tell it to finish by 07:50 so that it will finish by 05:00, starting around 23:00, which is 2 hours of off-peak and 4 hours of super-off-peak rate. But, that's if I need 6 hours charge. If I need less, like on Sunday night where I just need to go from about 50% to 100% by Monday 05:00 then ideally I should have it just start at 01:00. But then on Friday and Saturday night I typically want only 80% charge so I would like a 01:00-05:00 timer to 80%. So, program 1 on Tuesday-Friday is To 100% Finish by 07:50; Program 2 is Saturday, Sunday To 80% Start at 01:00 end at 05:00 and Program 3 is..., oh, wait. There is not third program for the LEAF. Too bad! Guess I'll just have to manually set the timer every week and hope I don't forget to tweak it. Yep, that's convenient!

So, to bring this back on topic, if P1274 fixes the TCM so that the time to charge calculation is more accurate and I can just set Finish by 05:00 to 100% Monday - Friday, yes, my life gets a whole lot easier! I will find out when I bring my car in Monday. But you know what would be even easier? Especially on those days when I need more than 7 hours charging and have to teak the formula to go to 05:30? A 6.6kW charger: Every day start at 1, finish by 5, 100% weekdays, 80% weekends and done done done,all Super-Off-Peak! :)

That and Charge at Work! Come on, Mr. Obama! Where's that Executive Order that costs a quarter of the Transit Subsidy!?

TimeHorse said:
Leafboy said:
If you set the timer's off time only, it will automatically calculate the time to turn on. It will charge to 100% or 80% whichever you have chosen.

If I clear the start time and tell it to finish by 5am, it will finish at 02:15 and start at around 20:15. Now, this translates to 105 minutes charging at peak rate, 3 hours at off peak, and only 75 minutes at super-off-peak. So instead I have to tell it to finish by 07:50 so that it will finish by 05:00, starting around 23:00, which is 2 hours of off-peak and 4 hours of super-off-peak rate. But, that's if I need 6 hours charge. If I need less, like on Sunday night where I just need to go from about 50% to 100% by Monday 05:00 then ideally I should have it just start at 01:00. But then on Friday and Saturday night I typically want only 80% charge so I would like a 01:00-05:00 timer to 80%. So, program 1 on Tuesday-Friday is To 100% Finish by 07:50; Program 2 is Saturday, Sunday To 80% Start at 01:00 end at 05:00 and Program 3 is..., oh, wait. There is not third program for the LEAF. Too bad! Guess I'll just have to manually set the timer every week and hope I don't forget to tweak it. Yep, that's convenient!

So, to bring this back on topic, if P1274 fixes the TCM so that the time to charge calculation is more accurate and I can just set Finish by 05:00 to 100% Monday - Friday, yes, my life gets a whole lot easier! I will find out when I bring my car in Monday. But you know what would be even easier? Especially on those days when I need more than 7 hours charging and have to teak the formula to go to 05:30? A 6.6kW charger: Every day start at 1, finish by 5, 100% weekdays, 80% weekends and done done done,all Super-Off-Peak! :)

That and Charge at Work! Come on, Mr. Obama! Where's that Executive Order that costs a quarter of the Transit Subsidy!?
You have a much more complicated schedule than I do. I only need to charge to 80% except for special occasions. I set one timer to be ready by 7:30am each day, and so far it has not failed me. Always ready by 7:30am. I love my Leaf!

Leafboy said:
You have a much more complicated schedule than I do. I only need to charge to 80% except for special occasions. I set one timer to be ready by 7:30am each day, and so far it has not failed me. Always ready by 7:30am. I love my Leaf!

Cool. :)

garygid said:
Hold "Lower Temp" for 2 (or so) seconds (when at 60ºF), and the Heater turns OFF?

Is there any visual indication of this happening?

Maybe we all have that feature and never tried it?
I am going to try it next time I want the fan on and it is colder than 60 degrees. The visual indication would be watching the Energy screen and seeing the extra current go down to zero.

Back