50,000 miles and still 12 bars capacity

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawlins02

Just reached 50,000 miles on my 2014 S and still showing 12 bars. A few months ago I saw the car accept around 20 kWh when charging from close to turtle up to 100%.

I bought this car from nearby dealer in February 2017 for $8400. Have spent a total of $0.00 in maintenance since. Has no body damage. All that said, it certainly is a challenge getting around in winter when driving on highways and getting only about 50 miles on a full charge. I track miles driven and average efficiency each month. The latter varies from about 3.4 (winter) to 4.2 (summer) miles per kWh.

Dashboard pic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a8bJzEpAxgf9drGViTpYRc2eAMYIvRlD/view?usp=sharing

You may be able to get better efficiency AND modest heat with these settings:

* HVAC blower set to lowest setting (or next lowest if air is humid).

* HVAC vents set to Floor (or to Floor + Defrost on 2018+).

* Recirculate set to "auto" aka "partial" by engaging recirculate and then pressing and holding the button again until it starts to flash - release it immediately on the first flash. This leaves the intake flap open just enough to provide 30% fresh air.

* Temp setting to 68-70F.

LeftieBiker said:
You may be able to get better efficiency AND modest heat with these settings:

* HVAC blower set to lowest setting (or next lowest if air is humid).

* HVAC vents set to Floor (or to Floor + Defrost on 2018+).

* Recirculate set to "auto" aka "partial" by engaging recirculate and then pressing and holding the button again until it starts to flash - release it immediately on the first flash. This leaves the intake flap open just enough to provide 30% fresh air.

* Temp setting to 68-70F.

Thanks. Always use floor setting. Will try the others next winter. I'm fortunate in that I'm willing to ride along with no heat to squeeze out a few extra miles when needed.

I have a 15 with that mileage and good battery also....

I recommend a few things...

1) transmission fluid change... very easy to do
2) check water level in the battery

Back