6.6 kw charger on 2013 S model.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is F23 #25 Yellow/Black stripe ?

i don't know anything about posting google spread sheets directly, i think you can put the link to click to see it.

Is F23 #25 Yellow/Black stripe ?

i don't know anything about posting google spread sheets directly, i think you can put the link to click to see it.
link does not work
F23 normal charging vs FastPXL_20240506_174650612.MP~2.jpg
NOT Missing pin 12 green - interlock K in same in both

pin 25 yellow/black vs brown-yellow QCPTMP1
pin 26 yellow red vs white red QCPTMP1

Last edited:
So both PDMs have the same internal wiring from F23 to the CN100, even though one has Fast Charge and the other doesn't?

So both PDMs have the same internal wiring from F23 to the CN100, even though one has Fast Charge and the other doesn't?
two wires are different colors.
normal speed vs. fast
what does QCPTMP stand for?
pin 26 yellow red vs white red QCPTMP2

Quick Charge Port Temperature Sensor, See DTC B2980 for how to test the sensor.
I don't think the sensor is broke, I think the PDM sees the wrong two wires and get a signal that is not from the sensor.

two wires are different colors.
normal speed vs. fast
what does QCPTMP stand for?
pin 26 yellow red vs white red QCPTMP2

I think the PDM sees the wrong two wires and get a signal that is not from the sensor.
Yes that is interesting--what is sent to the control board on the two wires in the PDM that doesn't have a QC Chademo Port? The use of different color wiring may be a clue to this.

From the FSM for the DTC, there should be (5k to 40k depending upon temperature) resistance between the QCPTEMP (1,2) and chassis ground. i would say you could add 2 resistors to fake this out IF you were getting the B2980.

But are the VCM and PDM for a non-fast charge car programmed to handle error codes for Fast Charge?

i don't know if the VCM and PDM are programmed for both configurations, or if there are 2 varieties for with- and without- Fast Charging.

It would be silly and confusing if a non-Chademo car started throwing DTCs related to the fast charge port.

i just had a terrible thought that what if the "new" PDM that you bought was defective, and two of the DTCs that are showing up are due to the PDM (since the car was running and driving before the swap, right?).

PDM is listed as possible cause.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 10.57.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.01.44 AM.png

Last edited:
There is no good way to test a used electronics control unit other than put it in and it works.

Do you know the history of the PDM, was it from a salvage yard or some random seller?

Back