7500 Mile Maintenance Fiasco

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrowncods

Took the Leaf into the Dealer for 7500 Mile maintenance for $29.99. Included tire rotation and all the checks, etc. Basically just the tire rotation. I was going to do it myself but my seat heater for the driver side was not working on High, so I just had them do the maint as well. Paid the bill, and was told the heater switch was shorted and the part would be in next week. Shook hands as the Service Writer asked that when I get the survey from Nissan to please respond with "10's".

When I went to get in the car I noticed the right side tires had not been rotated. Had to argue back and forth with the Service Writer, who swore that he saw the mechanic swap them. If I hadn't noticed the white mark on the right rear tire this morning where I had bumped a curb yesterday, I would have never known that they had not been swapped. Basically I said to swap them "again", which they did. I was pissed and told them I didn't have confidence that any of the checks had been performed either. I pretty much could tell that I was not getting any sympathy until I said "I wonder what the dealer is going to do when they get that survey with all ZEROS." Boy he lit up like a Christmas tree!

A couple of hours later I got a call from him that when I came back for my heater switch he would refund me the $29.99. I accepted.

To be honest, when I saw "fiasco" I was expecting them to have bricked the ECU or something like that, rather than just failing to do the work you told them to do ;)

I'd still notify Nissan corporate about your experience. That dealership could very well be ripping them off too.

Connel Nissan rotated my tires at no cost at my 1 year battery check. It was due but I did not request the service. It was at no charge.

wall mart rotates for $6.the ford dealers do a thing they call the works.$29.99.oil change,rotate.check batterie,and a few other things,$7 per tire to rotate is stupid.

If I couldn't trust the dealer to do the work, then I would never go back. Either that, or I'd watch everything they do like a hawk, and that wouldn't be fun for me or them. But what choice do we have, especially under warranty and with a novel vehicle like a Leaf?

My local dealer only has one Leaf technician. If yours is the same way, get to know him or her. Buy him/her a muffin or cup of coffee every time you visit. Make sure he or she knows you brought in your Leaf for service. It will be a very cheap investment.

Bob

Wow, I can't believe that I used "trust" and "dealer" in the same sentence. :)

Unless it's to work on something specific to the Leaf only, it's unlikely your Leaf will only be serviced by a Leaf-certified technician. Your tires could be rotated by anybody at the dealership.

Back